Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,711 to 1,721 of 1721
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    It is open to Michael to try to argue that a riot is relevantly equivalent to a protest if he wants to try that, and it is open to others to disagree.

what happened to that rule that people should avoid quoting whole chunks of text (or even as in this case the whole text) of other posters only to add an one liner?
    The couple of examples in the Koshnitsky award are conspicuous cases! Another example in the Martin Niemöller's thread!
    Last edited by ER; 05-02-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    what happened to that rule that people should avoid quoting whole chunks of text (or even as in this case the whole text) of other posters only to add an one liner?
    The couple of examples in the Koshnitsky award are conspicuous cases! Another example in the Martin Niemöller's thread!
    It is not a defined site rule but from time to time the more severe examples / repeat practitioners will be snipped when I notice such cases and have time to deal with them. In some cases posts may be deleted.

Posters should be aware that requoting long posts in full unnecessarily clogs up the thread for others, forcing others to waste time scrolling through something they have already read.

There is a defined rule against quoting a long section of copyrighted text from other sites without permission and adding a very short comment - posters doing this should expect that their post will definitely be deleted. Fortunately hasn't been a common issue lately.

As I am disallowed from mentioning a certain country except outside it's special thread could my mate Michael be restricted to only mentioning Aborigines in threads where they are directly relevant?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    As I am disallowed from mentioning a certain country except outside it's special thread could my mate Michael be restricted to only mentioning Aborigines in threads where they are directly relevant?
    The cases are not equivalent. You, unless forcibly restrained, will gleefully post about your latest off-topic fetish (whatever it is) anywhere on the board for no reason at all, whereas Michael's tangents are confined to certain political threads where his position or a position he supports is under pressure. He may genuinely believe his comparisons are valid and reasonable.

That said I have considered placing such a restriction on off-topic comments about Indigenous people and may do so if the issue persists.

I also see now that you provoked Michael by re-raising Aboriginal issues on the thread; those posts have been deleted.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 10-02-2020 at 09:54 AM.

If I may suggest an amendment of the Never Trump in the SB as it effected me even though I was being a good boy. Maybe only two consecutive posts on US politics in the SB then no more until at least 8 other non-US shouts have been posted. Because there are beautiful one liners coming out of it that are gems. I think my last shout has been there on top for a number of days - not very good.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Ohhh, so disappointed. Saw that antichrist had been banned and thought it was permanent. Disappointed that it is only for 24 hours

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Posts moved
    This is the non-chess off-topic thread so off-topic chess posts are off-topic even for this thread (and in a way that doesn't make them on-topic).
    Chess-related posts have been moved to "Chess Whatever" which is the off-topic chess thread: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....Chess-Whatever
    Any discussion of this decision may occur in the Help and Feedback section only. Do not reply to this post.
    Thanks for moving those posts. I was fairly sure that they belonged in a chess thread, but didn't actually realise that the Off-Topic Bin (which I usually ignore) is only for non-chess posts. Anything that increases my number of actual chess posts is fine with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Thanks for moving those posts. I was fairly sure that they belonged in a chess thread, but didn't actually realise that the Off-Topic Bin (which I usually ignore) is only for non-chess posts. Anything that increases my number of actual chess posts is fine with me!
    There have been a small number of chess-related posts in Off-Topic Bin from time to time but mostly just silly ones by antichrist. I decided that if people were going to have a reasonably serious discussion about a chess subject it should at least be in a chess section.

Can American colloquial expressions like ....pony rider be used in American politics threads. That was a Biden special that nailed them.
    Last edited by antichrist; 15-02-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Can American colloquial expressions like ....pony rider be used in American politics threads. That was a Biden special that nailed them.
    Not to insult other posters. That particular expression will cause problems sooner or later if used to insult other posters because it includes the term "lying" and might imply a serious claim of lying.

Thread Information