Page 113 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1730
  1. #1681
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Hi Dr Moderator, just for clarification in rules thread last your post last few words "logging for a while" will you temporarily bar offenders for 3 months for example?
    I have a clear picture in my mind's eye: Prisoner in the dock, having been unequivocally condemned by the beak on the bench, himself a paid lackey of the crown (and itself an illegitimate successor of royal power) nevertheless exhibiting that convict defiance of authority which made a new nation great, making a last defiant stand under the guise of a request for clarification ("Dr Moderator"), before being sentenced to penal transportation for seven years to Port Arthur, which is far as you can send a man even at the zenith of the power of the British Empire.

  2. #1682
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    12,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    ... making a last defiant stand under the guise of a request for clarification ("Dr Moderator"), before being sentenced to penal transportation for seven years to Port Arthur, which is far as you can send a man even at the zenith of the power of the British Empire.
    In which case a number of lashes with the "cat 'o nine tails" would complement the sentence fine!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

    In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

  3. #1683
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18,537
    Dr Moderator, there is constant doubting of my integrity whenever I mention
    I was taught that stars were holes in the floor of heaven. I resent this questioning of my honesty. I feel like I am accused of lying without evidence. Could you, after years of dealing with me vouch for my integrity? Thanks.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  4. #1684
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    .. that stars were holes in the floor of heaven
    Irrespective of whether we are discussing integrity[Devil's work], theology [I'd rather avoid], astronomy [I don't mind] or poesy [the real McCoy], this is methinks a lovely image to console modern man in his wretched present condition.

  5. #1685
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,446
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Dr Moderator, there is constant doubting of my integrity whenever I mention
    I was taught that stars were holes in the floor of heaven. I resent this questioning of my honesty. I feel like I am accused of lying without evidence. Could you, after years of dealing with me vouch for my integrity? Thanks.
    What you feel like you are accused of is irrelevant; what is relevant is what people are actually accused of and what evidence if any is presented.

    And I've deleted your other post because it implied that I may have made an error when in fact you did not have your facts right concerning how many shouts there had been in the sequence in question.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 19-01-2020 at 10:03 AM.

  6. #1686
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    What you feel like you are accused of is irrelevant; what is relevant is what people are actually accused of and what evidence if any is presented.

    And I've deleted your other post because it implied that I may have made an error when in fact you did not have your facts right concerning how many shouts there had been in the sequence .
    Now we are on the same page, you rightly objected to my "mistake" so you can understand my displeasure when in numerous threads they doubt my true words about what I was taught.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 19-01-2020 at 02:25 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  7. #1687
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,446
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Now we are on the same page, you rightly objected to my "mistake" so you can understand my displeasure when in numerous threads they doubt my true words about what I was taught.
    The golden rule as far as you are concerned needs to be to stop wasting my time. If there is a specific post that you believe needs moderation post a link to it. Otherwise, this matter is closed.

  8. #1688
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Otherwise, this matter is closed.
    That goes for all other posters too. Following posts have been deleted to keep this thread from spiralling into off-topic discussions.

  9. #1689
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    12,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    If you mean AC he will be allowed on the Climate thread again from 13 April - see http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....l=1#post459597
    has his sentence been waved or something? I think I saw his name on the list of the climate thread responses.
    If yes, it means that I don't have to wait till April 13 to visit the thread!
    Last edited by ER; 22-01-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

    In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

  10. #1690
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    has his sentence been waved or something? I think I saw his name on the list of the climate thread responses.
    If yes, it means that I don't have to wait till April 13 to visit the thread!
    Unfortunately there is no automatic way to block someone from a specific thread, only from particular sections.

    I have deleted the posts and PMd him a warning that he is not to post on the climate thread again prior to April 13. If he does I will kick him out of the entire politics section for six months.

    antichrist must understand there are severe consequences when I keep having to have my time wasted cleaning up his rubbish.

  11. #1691
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    12,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    there are severe consequences when I keep having to have my time wasted cleaning up his rubbish.
    Although I am in no way willing to express any satisfaction for the punishment of a fellow ChessChat member, I have to admit that this is a very fair call! cheers!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

    In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

  12. #1692
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18,537
    Thanks ER, I am normally top marks at respecting decisions whether I agree with them or not. I will blame the lapse on #%$! Vertigo I had for a few days
    It knocked me around mentally. I couldn't even get to the loo.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  13. #1693
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18,537
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Although I am in no way willing to express any satisfaction for the punishment of a fellow ChessChat member, I have to admit that this is a very fair call! cheers!
    Although I am in no way to express any satisfaction for the punishment of a fellow chesschat member, I have to admit it is a very fair call if post 27 in Aboriginal thread was just deleted as inappropriate for that thread. Cheers.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  14. #1694
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,446
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Although I am in no way to express any satisfaction for the punishment of a fellow chesschat member, I have to admit it is a very fair call if post 27 in Aboriginal thread was just deleted as inappropriate for that thread. Cheers.
    Deserves either deletion if it was lazy off topic posting or suspension if it was deliberate trolling but I've moved it to an existing arguably vaguely relevant thread. I won't be so merciful next time.

    Don't know how many times I need to say this: posters. should. not. make. off. topic. posts that are not even relevant as replies to other posts. If after a reasonable effort you can't find a relevant existing one then start a new one and if I can find a relevant existing one I will merge them. In this case I found a previous Australia Day titled thread by using Advanced Search and changing Search Entire Posts to Search Titles Only, but I did have to look a long way down the list.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 26-01-2020 at 09:32 AM.

  15. #1695
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    ... Don't know how many times I need to say this: posters. should. not. make. off. topic. posts that are not even relevant as replies to other posts. If after a reasonable effort you can't find a relevant existing one then start a new one and if I can find a relevant existing one I will merge them. In this case I found a previous Australia Day titled thread by using Advanced Search and changing Search Entire Posts to Search Titles Only, but I did have to look a long way down the list.
    I don't mean to be a nuisance, but wouldn't this thread (started by ER, no less!) be a better one? They seem to cover the same issues, so perhaps they should be merged?

    ER's post also seems to be non-political (although antichrist's reply is not), so he probably should have started a separate thread outside of the Politics section. I don't believe that wishing someone "Happy Australia Day" is inherently a political act - although antichrist may disagree.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •