Page 20 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I would be content with you learning to use the quote function correctly. Maybe I will get a chance to show you how to do it in person someday.
    Only if I can sit on your lap while you are showing me. I will go on a diet so as not to ruin the fun.

What happened to yesterday's thread "Whore of Israel"?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Deleted because you have "Blood on Hands" and we don't want any more than one thread on the I-P thing in general unless someone comes up with something substantial and different enough to be worth another one.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

I've deleted some posts in which a poster called another poster a liar. The poster being accused of lying had claimed to have PMd the accuser, who claimed not to have received the PM.

A conclusion of lying cannot be firmly drawn from such evidence because there are sometimes technical problems that cause PMs to go astray. For instance I have myself been unable to PM one particular member most of the time when I have tried to do so this week, but the cause of this problem is unknown.

It is also possible that a poster thinks they have sent a PM when they have not. In this case they are not lying, merely mistaken.

Please do not call other posters liars unless all logically possible explanations for their behaviour other than knowingly making a false statement have been exhausted.
    Hi Kevin,

You have got it backwards there. AO claimed that I sent certain information to him, which I most certainly did not. I then called him the "L" word. You have allowed AO's incorrect statement http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=118883&postcount=94 to remain, and have deleted my response to it. VERY UNFAIR!
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Hi Kevin,

You have got it backwards there. AO claimed that I sent certain information to him, which I most certainly did not. I then called him the "L" word. You have allowed AO's incorrect statement http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=118883&postcount=94 to remain, and have deleted my response to it. VERY UNFAIR!
    Further to this, even if I had sent the message to him, him posting the contents of said imaginary message would be in breach of the site rules, would it not?
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Further to this, even if I had sent the message to him, him posting the contents of said imaginary message would be in breach of the site rules, would it not?
    Only if what he posted was a direct quote. He could post a paraphrase of it.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

OK, AO wrote "Your PM mentioned something a bit odd though, so I've sent you a PM just now."

I thought that Boris was calling AO a liar for saying he (AO) had sent Boris a PM. As Boris says I had it the wrong way round and he was in fact calling AO a liar for saying Boris had sent AO a PM.

My mistake - however if you're going to call someone a liar it is a very good idea to specify exactly what the alleged lie is, as if you leave it open it's possible someone will get it wrong (as I did!)

I've deleted AO's post - if he wants it restored he needs to send me the PM Boris is supposed to have sent him. I'm keeping the liar calls off as when you're calling someone a liar you need to prove they intentionally made a false statement rather than just an unintentional mistake.

I'll correct the bit in the moderation decisions thread to point to this post.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Deleted because you have "Blood on Hands" and we don't want any more than one thread on the I-P thing in general unless someone comes up with something substantial and different enough to be worth another one.
    Whore of Israel had a quite different main emphasis, it was more a comparison with the Whore of Babylon and the rise of empires, a brilliant thesis even if I must say so myself - can you rescue it please?

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Whore of Israel had a quite different main emphasis, it was more a comparison with the Whore of Babylon and the rise of empires, a brilliant thesis even if I must say so myself - can you rescue it please?
    No!
    Dyslexics of the world untie

No and you can stop with your off topic rubber bullets comments in other threads as well.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    No and you can stop with your off topic rubber bullets comments in other threads as well.
    Being rubber do you think they might bounce back, rickochet and get me in the back? I am used to being stabbed on this BB a few times

Being rubber do you think they might bounce back, rickochet and get me in the back? I am used to being stabbed on this BB a few times
    You're cruising for another one. You were lucky that another mod got to you mentioning Israel off-topic in a chess thread, and also to your re-posting of "Whore of Israel" in defiance of its original deletion, before I did.

In future if you repost a thread after it has been deleted by the mods I will suspend you. Remember that you are welcome to use this thread to ask what happened to a thread if unsure.

Just shows how you all take yourselves too seriously.

You're cruising for another one. You were lucky that another mod got to you mentioning Israel off-topic in a chess thread, and also to your re-posting of "Whore of Israel" in defiance of its original deletion, before I did.

In future if you repost a thread after it has been deleted by the mods I will suspend you. Remember that you are welcome to use this thread to ask what happened to a thread if unsure.
    I deeply regret that you missed the opportunity to have me barred again. Would you like me to unilaterally plead guilty so that you can get those demons out of your head and still have the chance to bar me. I realise there is nothing more important in your life than to bar me and dominate discussion on this board, even when talking though your snout.

You can't even DOP a chess comp without driving competitors crazy with your over the top dominance.

I don't need you to plead guilty to anything - I know you're guilty, I just generally choose not to ban you where another mod has dealt with it. *false comments unrelated to moderation ignored*
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 02-09-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Thread Information