Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Joshua Loh should be slotted in at #4 on the quick list (1941) - he was erroneously registered as OS by me when he first played in Tas and hasn't been switched over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    Yes, I did think that was a little harsh from a record of something like +11 =3 -1 (from memory - maybe it was an overly selective memory), but as my real rating went up more than I expected I'm not unhappy.
    I was also a little surprised to lose 41 quick rating points after scoring +19=3-2. I did however drop 2.5 points to substantially lower-rated players and I also had several very low rated opponents in that mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    The new TTT is Loh, Dyer, Small, Markovitz, Rout, Bonham, Donnelly, McMahon, Carter and Macfarlan. Colin Bemrose is listed as active and between Donnelly and McMahon but I believe has moved to another state.
    Compiling a Tasmanian Top Ten is increasingly subjective because Loh is now going overseas as well (and I believe Markovitz moved to NZ last year). I'll remove Loh from the list next time assuming this is correct (he's always been listed as OS on the ACF list) but for the meantime the only change is at position 10 with Charlie Rolph (1689) cracking the top ten for the first time.

With Loh removed from the list for the reason stated above and Phil Donnelly off the list for inactivity, Peter Lucas returns to the top 10 for the first time in two years and Felix Ellis is on the list for the first time.

The new TTT is Dyer, Small, Markovitz, Rout, Bonham, McMahon, Carter, C Rolph, Lucas, Ellis.

The Quick list for Tasmania has a very lopsided look with David Small currently #1 by 354 points. The top ten on the Quick list are Small, Rout, McMahon, Chadwick, Bonham, Peirce, Carter, Ellis, Lucas, C Rolph.

Not all the players in the top 10 have ! or !! ratings i presume?
    In the quick list Small,Chadwick,Carter have a ? next to their name and Ellis hasn't been seen since December.
    (or i am just trying to move my ranking up)
    Luck has the peculiar habit of favouring those who don't rely on it!-Anonymous
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small mind discuss people.-Anonymous
    He who dares, wins.-SAS motto

Quote Originally Posted by James Peirce View Post
    Not all the players in the top 10 have ! or !! ratings i presume?
    No but that isn't required for listing in a state top-10. It is required for the national Top Players list.

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James Peirce View Post
    Ellis hasn't been seen since December.
    For the record, James: Felix played his last game at Devonport on 13/8/15. If no-one has seen him since December, I suggest we call the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    For the record, James: Felix played his last game at Devonport on 13/8/15. If no-one has seen him since December, I suggest we call the authorities.
    Hasn't been seen at a CHESS tournament since december(approximately)
    Luck has the peculiar habit of favouring those who don't rely on it!-Anonymous
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small mind discuss people.-Anonymous
    He who dares, wins.-SAS motto

With Small and Markovitz off the list for inactivity there's been quite a shake-up in the Tasmanian top ten which is now at its lowest average rating (1761) since before the 2000 uplift.

The new TTT is Dyer, Rout, Bonham, Carter, McMahon, D Rolph, Lucas, Ellis, Hughes and D Kuzmic. David Hughes and Dylan Kuzmic are first-time entrants to the list and Carter, McMahon, D Rolph and Ellis are all at their highest positions so far.

James Peirce is at #11 (and 14 points away from passing what remains of my Quick rating.)

As expected Martin Friebe has gone straight to the top of the list which is now Friebe, Dyer, Rout, Bonham, McMahon, D Rolph, Lucas, Ellis, Peirce, Lee. (Carter now inactive). James Peirce and Kam Lee make the list for the first time (in Lee's case following his 4/4 in the August Masters - a win over Ian Rout counting for quite a lot given his limited activity!)

The new Tasmanian top ten list unusually contains two ties. It is Friebe, Dyer equal with Rout, Bonham, D Rolph, Lucas, Ellis, McMahon equal with Lee, Smith. Andrew Smith enters the list for the first time.

The quick top ten is Small, Rout, Friebe, Dyer, McMahon, Peirce, Chadwick, Bonham, D Rolph, Ellis.

What? Ian Little and Aidan Cox on neither list???
    How far are they from the top ten then?
    Actually can we have a more complete presentation of lists with ratings and clubs of players please?
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    #17 and #26 (standard) and #19 and #16 (quick) respectively.

Actually can we have a more complete presentation of lists with ratings and clubs of players please?
    Not from me. This is all I feel like doing in this regard. Time is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    #17 and #26 (standard) and #19 and #16 (quick) respectively.

Not from me. This is all I feel like doing in this regard. Time is very important to me.
    Thanks anyway, I will do some search by myself!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC Candidate Master squashaddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    I'm glad you share my outrage Elliott Alas my chess skills are lagging behind my outrage.
    1. e4 e5? Too boring 1. e4 c5? Too reckless 1. e4 d5? Now we're talkin'

Quote Originally Posted by squashaddict View Post
    I'm glad you share my outrage Elliott Alas my chess skills are lagging behind my outrage.
    you 'll get there son, don't you worry!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information