Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Surprised my Quick rating went up; I won the Rapid but both my blitz tournaments this period were longer and not very good.
    Now only 1 point separates your Classical and Quick rating!
    Luck has the peculiar habit of favouring those who don't rely on it!-Anonymous
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small mind discuss people.-Anonymous
    He who dares, wins.-SAS motto

CC FIDE Master
    Is there a reason for Tan Thanh Nguyen not appearing in the Top Ten Quick list? (1883). He was deemed eligible enough for the State Lightning title.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    Is there a reason for Tan Thanh Nguyen not appearing in the Top Ten Quick list? (1883). He was deemed eligible enough for the State Lightning title.
    He has not yet been transferred from NSW to Tas on the ratings list. I requested he be transferred but it usually takes one rating cycle for these changes to take effect, sometimes longer.

When I compile my classic Top Ten list I take account of players who are incorrectly listed and either include or omit them as appropriate. However I am not tracking the quick list.

By the way on the revised classic list the active players have generally lost 3 points from the list with ratings above.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    There was an unusual bug in the processing of ratings of the 2017 Hobart Champs that has resulted in a number of players becoming a bit underrated, and this will be fixed on the December ACF ratings list.

The bug resulted from the event being submitted when one game had not been played in order to make the previous ratings list. The missing result caused Vega to treat all the last round games as double losses. Players who won in the final round are particularly affected.

For the purposes of these lists I'll just update when December comes out, but I'm around where Alastair and Ian are and Scott is around where Reg is.

Thread Information