Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    CC Grandmaster Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Subtropical Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,245

    New Squad Colour

    Dear Squad (admins specifically)

    I refer to the adoption of the new colour to signify admin status. In my considered opinion the colour sucks the fat one.

    The purplish hue is probably a good place to be, given the schema of the board but may I suggest that good taste demands a colour in the order of hexidecimal #660099.

    If it were me, and remember that I am considerably ahead of my time, I'd be heading towards austere grey with #666666 (signifying the power of destruction, undertones of experience and subtlety).

    The present abomination, being something akin akin to a primary Microsoft selection is good for children and eye problems in old age!

    Carry on! and thank you for listening!
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

  2. #2
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    Dear Squad (admins specifically)

    I refer to the adoption of the new colour to signify admin status. In my considered opinion the colour sucks the fat one.

    The purplish hue is probably a good place to be, given the schema of the board but may I suggest that good taste demands a colour in the order of hexidecimal #660099.

    If it were me, and remember that I am considerably ahead of my time, I'd be heading towards austere grey with #666666 (signifying the power of destruction, undertones of experience and subtlety).

    The present abomination, being something akin akin to a primary Microsoft selection is good for children and eye problems in old age!

    Carry on! and thank you for listening!
    Thanks Gunner. Bill selected the specific hue and personally I don't mind the new one and since I did suggest something in the purple range, perhaps I am complicit in events as they have unfolded. I will comment in my defense that at the time that I suggested purple I was thinking of a tone that was a bit deeper with a touch of electric blue about it.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,383

    Shocking Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    ...with a touch of electric blue about it.
    ooh , now you're talking !

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    13,615
    I thought that Jenny was the most appropriate authority in regards to colours, decorations etc.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

  5. #5
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    I thought that Jenny was the most appropriate authority in regards to colours, decorations etc.
    Yes that is right! LOL

  6. #6
    Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,383
    Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlue
    Yes that is right! LOL
    I think i need to wear my sunglasses at night .

  7. #7
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom
    I think i need to wear my sunglasses at night .
    LOL
    Good one!


  8. #8
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    Dear Squad (admins specifically)

    I refer to the adoption of the new colour to signify admin status. In my considered opinion the colour sucks the fat one.

    The purplish hue is probably a good place to be, given the schema of the board but may I suggest that good taste demands a colour in the order of hexidecimal #660099.

    If it were me, and remember that I am considerably ahead of my time, I'd be heading towards austere grey with #666666 (signifying the power of destruction, undertones of experience and subtlety).

    The present abomination, being something akin akin to a primary Microsoft selection is good for children and eye problems in old age!

    Carry on! and thank you for listening!
    Wow purple for admins and green for mods, great work!

  9. #9
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    14,206
    Once you've had black, you won't go back!
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

  10. #10
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    539
    I haven't bothered reading what all the different colours mean, but the shoutbox is very colourful at the moment - bold purple, bold blue, bold green, bold black, regular blue. (edit: That's supposed to be a 'thumb's up' smiley...).

  11. #11
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by pappubahry
    I haven't bothered reading what all the different colours mean, but the shoutbox is very colourful at the moment - bold purple, bold blue, bold green, bold black, regular blue. (edit: That's supposed to be a 'thumb's up' smiley...).
    Yep, we all love to be colourful!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ergas Elite Training Squad 2008
    By klyall in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 14-07-2008, 11:06 PM
  2. Swiss Pairing software testing and Doeberl pairings
    By jenni in forum Arbiters' Corner
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 02:07 PM
  3. Last round colour vs top/bottom (from Queenstown)
    By pax in forum Arbiters' Corner
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 28-01-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. Ergas Australian Junior Chess Squad
    By Kerry Stead in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 25-11-2005, 01:41 PM
  5. Top v Bottom or Colour
    By shaun in forum Arbiters' Corner
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 29-04-2005, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •