Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Jai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    41

    Chesslover Unmasked

    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Chesslover Unmasked
    Loved it! Great tournament. I will say more with pics as soon as I have them digitised in a day or two. But make sure you keep an eye for them as we finally unmask our good mate, chesslover. Look out for that!!

    AR
    --
    OS [Debian 3.0] | Browser [Firefox 0.9.2] | IM [Gaim]

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,322
    well amiel, you said you were going to tell us who cl is once and for all, or was that just crap

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    well amiel, you said you were going to tell us who cl is once and for all, or was that just crap
    Not as much Mt Buller crap you've been spoutin'. Now go back to being the Mt Bulls*** mouthpiece.

    AR
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-07-2004 at 04:42 PM.

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,322
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Not as much Mt Buller crap you've been spoutin'. Now go back to being the Mt Bullschi.t mouthpiece.

    AR
    at least i have some content behind me. I know you were just full of **** as usual. I wonder how you will try and take this topic off topic to try and change the debate.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-07-2004 at 04:43 PM.

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    at least i have some content behind me. I know you were just full of **** as usual. I wonder how you will try and take this topic off topic to try and change the debate.
    Content? What content? You call your gratuitous one-liners content? Listen to you. Don't embarass yourself cos you ain't gettin' it. Your fast on the trigger, no sense of suspense, no feel for a story. The ANU folks know what I'm talkin' about. Jai knows what I'm talkin' about. So shut up!

    I tell you what gray...I am appalled that a organiser behaves as badly as you. I will be writing a letter to GH to have you removed immediately from the committee. You're the weak link.

    AR
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-07-2004 at 04:44 PM.

  6. #6
    CC International Master Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    in long grass
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Content? What content? You call your gratuitous one-liners content? Listen to you. Don't embarass yourself cos you ain't gettin' it. Your fast on the trigger, no sense of suspense, no feel for a story. The ANU folks know what I'm talkin' about. Jai knows what I'm talkin' about. So shut up!

    I tell you what gray...I am appalled that a organiser behaves as badly as you. I will be writing a letter to GH to have you removed immediately from the committee. You're the weak link.

    AR
    Amiel, thruth be told Garvin's a straightforward fellow trying to box above his weight. Give him a break, he's just fallen in with the wrong crowd.

    Garvin, just be yourself, try to be charming. Don't try to follow others and you don't need to feel responsible, or defend every aspect of the Buller situation.

    Accept the criticism, focus on the positives. You'll never win a street fight, so to try to box clever. Otherwise Amiel is right, you will become a liability to George if you don't pull your head in.
    Last edited by David_Richards; 27-07-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    Power comes from the barrel of a gun.

  7. #7
    CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Content? What content? You call your gratuitous one-liners content? Listen to you. Don't embarass yourself cos you ain't gettin' it. Your fast on the trigger, no sense of suspense, no feel for a story. The ANU folks know what I'm talkin' about. Jai knows what I'm talkin' about. So shut up!
    Amiel, do you mean to say that Chesslover is 2200 at Blitz, but only in the 1400s for long games? Or have I misunderstood your cryptic messages?
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-07-2004 at 04:46 PM.

  8. #8
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    I have only met Garvin once (NSW Open), and I found him to be a decent bloke. He, as many of us are, on a learning curve of our own making. (Unfortunately, BG past his local maxima in ratings research.)

    Garvin, don't be put off by knockers.

  9. #9
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Richards
    Amiel, thruth be told Garvin's a simple fellow trying to box above his weight. Give him a break, he's just fallen in with the wrong crowd.
    What a condescending load of crap.
    If anyone has been boxing above their weight for the past 18mths its you and your mate Sweeney.

    Quote Originally Posted by David_Richards
    Garvin, just be yourself, try to be charming. Don't try to follow others and you don't need to feel responsible, or defend every aspect of the Buller situation.

    Accept the criticism, focus on the positives. You'll never win a street fight, so to try to box clever. Otherwise Amiel is right, you will become a liability to George if you don't pull your head in.
    If anyone should be pulling their head in its you.

  10. #10
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Content? What content? You call your gratuitous one-liners content? Listen to you. Don't embarass yourself cos you ain't gettin' it. Your fast on the trigger, no sense of suspense, no feel for a story. The ANU folks know what I'm talkin' about. Jai knows what I'm talkin' about. So shut up!

    I tell you what gray...I am appalled that a organiser behaves as badly as you. I will be writing a letter to GH to have you removed immediately from the committee. You're the weak link.
    I'm sure George would listen to an anti volunteer like yourself.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-07-2004 at 04:46 PM.

  11. #11
    CC International Master Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    in long grass
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    What a condescending load of crap.
    Sorry, you're right. I was using the term loosely, as in straightforward, I've corrected the post. I wasn't trying to be condescending, just trying to suggest he's not really helping his cause by embroilling himself in silly arguments, as others tend to do on this BB. The last thing he needs to do is follow your example, Sonny!
    Power comes from the barrel of a gun.

  12. #12
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Richards
    Sorry, you're right. I was using the term loosely, as in straightforward, I've corrected the post. I wasn't trying to be condescending, just trying to suggest he's not really helping his cause by embroilling himself in silly arguments, as others tend to do on this BB. The last thing he needs to do is follow your example, Sonny!
    Doc, following my example would be highly preferable to following the examples of you and Matt where beatups are the norm.

  13. #13
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Doc, following my example would be highly preferable to following the examples of you and Matt where beatups are the norm.
    The main beateruperer here would seem to be AR. I mean, now that CL no longer posts in these forums, who gives a rats who he was?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  14. #14
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    The main beateruperer here would seem to be AR . . .
    What...who....how....wh.....?? S'cuse meeee?????

    AR

  15. #15
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    *Wades through the sledging and mess*

    So arosar, you going to tell us mate? I was sure it was Jose
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who Is Chesslover (split from Best Posts 2003)
    By Paul S in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 617
    Last Post: 25-06-2011, 09:57 PM
  2. ANU Open 2004
    By arosar in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 11:08 PM
  3. Brett Tindall != chesslover
    By shaun in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-02-2004, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •