Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409

    Are we stealing jobs??

    I was wondering as i bought KFC, i noticed that there wasnt a single adult in the kitchen of that store... only kids around my age...! I mean with the financial crisis and all, the unemployment rate was sored up really high... and kids like us seem to be stealing the jobs just for a few bucks for games and other unnecssary needs... but on the other hand the adults who needs the money to eat, to pay the bills and taxes and to support their family. Its not only in Fast food franchises i noticed this but in supermarkets, fish and chips shop and even at the doctors! The adults need it more then we do! Some body has to something about this...! this is very messed up... I even see kids getting more money then adults! So... any thought?
    IMABACK

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Subtropical Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,237
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMann
    So... any thought?
    These chains will likely have a quota and or ratio of 'kids' and a very high one at that (as part of the business model).
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

  3. #3
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Most adults have qualifications and such, which allow them to work jobs that teens can't. They also don't have to go to school for 8 hours a day.

    Also, contary to popular belief, there are also a lot of teens who don't just waste the money they earn in their job on videogames or movie tickets.
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  4. #4
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,184
    I don't really think that it's our fault more a fault of the government giving us less money or adults too much. Because I think the main reason that they do employ high amounts of teenagers in fast food etc etc is because they are chhhhhheeeeeep.

    And the money might not be going all to the worker, I have friends who work and pay board and food etc to try and help their family out.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Most adults have qualifications and such, which allow them to work jobs that teens can't. They also don't have to go to school for 8 hours a day.

    Also, contary to popular belief, there are also a lot of teens who don't just waste the money they earn in their job on videogames or movie tickets.
    School is 8 hours these days? Mine was 8.25am - 3.05pm IIRC.
    meep meep

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Subtropical Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,237
    Just like to say that I didn't realise this was teen forum when I posted.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

  7. #7
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    School is 8 hours these days? Mine was 8.25am - 3.05pm IIRC.
    School is 8:30am - 3:20pm
    Quite similar to yours, except 10 minutes longer.

  8. #8
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    where I am not
    Posts
    439
    in qld the hours for secondary school (public) are 6 hours exact and primary (public) are 5 hours and 50 mins

  9. #9
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    ahhmm! a bit off topic here people!
    IMABACK

  10. #10
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Most adults have qualifications and such, which allow them to work jobs that teens can't. They also don't have to go to school for 8 hours a day. Also, contary to popular belief, there are also a lot of teens who don't just waste the money they earn in their job on videogames or movie tickets.
    True, I think it's good work experience and teens can only work on weekends/after-school so they won't really be stealing full-time jobs, and most companies don't accept workers under 18. Jobs build character and teach you how to interact with people as well as giving you money to save
    http://www.createdebate.com/debate/show/Teens_and_Jobs

  11. #11
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMann
    I was wondering as i bought KFC, i noticed that there wasnt a single adult in the kitchen of that store... only kids around my age...! I mean with the financial crisis and all, the unemployment rate was sored up really high... and kids like us seem to be stealing the jobs just for a few bucks for games and other unnecssary needs... but on the other hand the adults who needs the money to eat, to pay the bills and taxes and to support their family. Its not only in Fast food franchises i noticed this but in supermarkets, fish and chips shop and even at the doctors! The adults need it more then we do! Some body has to something about this...! this is very messed up... I even see kids getting more money then adults! So... any thought?
    Why is it "stealing"? Just an honest competition. If a kid can do a job for 8$ dollars an hour, why should adult be paid more for doing exactly the same?
    As Miranda noted, adults should perform jobs that children can't (or be much better at those kids can) to be paid more.
    For private coaching (IM, four times VIC champion) call or SMS 0417519733
    Computer tells you what to play. Good coach explains why.

  12. #12
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor_Goldenberg
    Why is it "stealing"? Just an honest competition. If a kid can do a job for 8$ dollars an hour, why should adult be paid more for doing exactly the same?
    As Miranda noted, adults should perform jobs that children can't (or be much better at those kids can) to be paid more.
    who would trust to cook food for you? some punk ass kid who most likely spit and burn your food or a qualified and responsible adult??
    IMABACK

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by that_guy
    who would trust to cook food for you? some punk ass kid who most likely spit and burn your food or a qualified and responsible adult??
    If you go into McDonalds like place, the whole process organised in such a way that it does not matter whether it's a kid or an adult who spits in your burger.
    And if you don't trust McDonald/Hungry Jack/KFC/insert another junk food name here, then go to a restaurant that pays higher wages, cooks supposedly better food, takes longer and charges more.

    PS. A qualified and responsible adult can find a higher paying job then McDonalds. If (s)he can't, (s)he is either not qualified (maybe yet) or not responsible.
    For private coaching (IM, four times VIC champion) call or SMS 0417519733
    Computer tells you what to play. Good coach explains why.

  14. #14
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,033

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor_Goldenberg
    Why is it "stealing"? Just an honest competition. If a kid can do a job for 8$ dollars an hour, why should adult be paid more for doing exactly the same?
    As Miranda noted, adults should perform jobs that children can't (or be much better at those kids can) to be paid more.
    Yeah I agree with that

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New industrial relations (IR) legislation
    By Spiny Norman in forum Politics
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 03:10 AM
  2. Parents jobs have got that much easier in VIC...
    By DanielBell in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-09-2007, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •