Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Predictions for June 2009 ACF Ratings

According to my performances during the current ratings period, I would be very happy if my new rating will be 1250+
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Hopefully my rating has climbed to over 1000... I was +153 last ratings, so will hopefully be +111 this time
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

Give it your best shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Hopefully my rating has climbed to over 1000... I was +153 last ratings, so will hopefully be +111 this time
    Miranda, of what I (and much stronger players) have observed, the positions you get in your games, indicate an understanding of a much higher rated player. If you try a bit harder and win won positions, your rating will increase drastically! Remember what I told you in Canberra: Winning national Championships regardless the age group or type of Chess is not an easy thing and you have done it! I am sure you will do it again!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    Miranda, of what I (and much stronger players) have observed, the positions you get in your games, indicate an understanding of a much higher rated player. If you try a bit harder and win won positions, your rating will increase drastically! Remember what I told you in Canberra: Winning national Championships regardless the age group or type of Chess is not an easy thing and you have done it! I am sure you will do it again!
    But JAK , if ALL the promising juniors followed your advice your 1250+ would be looking very shaky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja
    But JAK , if ALL the promising juniors followed your advice your 1250+ would be looking very shaky!!
    lol they don't need my advice to make target practice out of the old bloke! Just come and have a look at my games vs all those BHCC and CJCC micro juniors! Not that I fall without a fight though, they have to earn their full or half points! Ask Victor Xie!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Winning won games is harder than it looks!

Actually for my birthday in 2007, I got a chess book called "Winning the won game"... I wasn't paticularly interested in chess at the time and lost it. Regret that now!
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

I think I will lose 2 points.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC FIDE Master
    I predict a rating of 3g. I'm assuming it's nine games required for a rating.

CC International Master
    Not too sure as it depends on how the Indians I played in the Doeberl are handled (I used to know that but I've forgotten), but in rough numbers I think I may go up 20-something to somewhere in the 1860s.

According to Ian's calculatins for the Doeberl Minor (http://www.ianandjan.com/ian/results...eberl-cup.htm), I'm going up 29.5 points but I'm going down 10 from the last BCC tournament and probably about 5 for this one. So I'm sitting on 1350 or so? Yay! Only 50 points of the major for Doeberl next year XD

EDIT: Oh! And the Autumn Junior Weekender will send me down another 5 or so... :S So I'm going up like 10!
    Last edited by Alana; 21-05-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

alanachibnall@hotmail.com

CC International Master
    You are going up about 50 rating points from the Minor.

really? that sounds too high. Only beat 2 people higher. Sure you've got the right person?
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    agree
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alana
    really? that sounds too high. Only beat 2 people higher. Sure you've got the right person?
    If you want to get a good estimate of your new rating you should use Barry's calculator.

http://www.bjcox.com/modules.php?name=Glicko_Calc

It uses Glicko 1 and gives you +33 for the Minor. I am using excel file with Glicko 2 (thanks to Barry) and Glicko 2 gives you +50 for the minor. It is still not 100% correct estimate because Bill uses endogeneous ratings, but it is the best one can get without putting too much effort in it.

I do not have your other results, but my guess is that you will end up with 1360+.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I think I'm about -3 from the Tas Champs. I drew with an FM but I also drew with a player rated slightly below me and a 1300s player.

My excessive rapid rating will take a big hit from my two losses in the first Rapid Series. I'm guessing that playing less rapids means my rapid rating changes much faster and hence the damage will be higher than it would be normally, maybe something like -70 but that is just a wild uneducated guess.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information