Exachess (Apple Mac)

I've been a fan of the easy to use database and analysis features of Exachess for quite a while. The latest version allows you to use engines like Hiarcs/Shredder etc and is well worth a look even if you run Fritz/Chessbase on the PC side of your computer. It's available at http://www.exachess.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless
    I've been a fan of the easy to use database and analysis features of Exachess for quite a while. The latest version allows you to use engines like Hiarcs/Shredder etc and is well worth a look even if you run Fritz/Chessbase on the PC side of your computer. It's available at http://www.exachess.com/
    I have only ExaChess Lite but I have Sigma Chess plus HiArcs in the latest version. I haven't used either very much but I don't use Fritz or ChessBase much either. I rather prefer the appearance of Sigma chess. Have you used it and been able to compare the two? I also find Vektor 3 to be good for reading pgn files though it makes silly noises of pieces moving etc and I can't see how to turn them off .

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

I have Sigma Chess as well and I use that to teach beginners on an Interactive White Board (IWB) at school. It looks really good, combines well with Hiarcs and it's easy to set up a position.
    I think Sigma have made a mistake in not sourcing a professional to do their help files. Analysis features don't seem to be as intuitive to use as other mainstream programs. I just wish it would let you explore variations or annotate easily on the board you start with. With Exachess it all seems immediately obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless
    I have Sigma Chess as well and I use that to teach beginners on an Interactive White Board (IWB) at school. It looks really good, combines well with Hiarcs and it's easy to set up a position.
    I think Sigma have made a mistake in not sourcing a professional to do their help files. Analysis features don't seem to be as intuitive to use as other mainstream programs. I just wish it would let you explore variations or annotate easily on the board you start with. With Exachess it all seems immediately obvious.

Thanks for the info.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Thread Information