PDA

View Full Version : who are arbiters answerable to?

antichrist
04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
How is authority and discipline etc allocated? Asking just for the sake of it. Are FIDE arbitars answerable to FIDE or only to local organisations or both?

Who (meaning the authorities) can do what if they deem an arbitar has acted improperly?

If something drastic happened who would be responsible for the arbitar's actions? Who would be sued (what organisations that is)?

Kevin Bonham
06-04-2009, 01:48 PM
How is authority and discipline etc allocated? Asking just for the sake of it. Are FIDE arbitars answerable to FIDE or only to local organisations or both?

Who (meaning the authorities) can do what if they deem an arbitar has acted improperly?

The ACF can take action against an arbiter who behaves improperly under the ACF Code of Ethics.

If something drastic happened who would be responsible for the arbitar's actions? Who would be sued (what organisations that is)?

I think if an arbiter had done something outrageously illegal then the arbiter would be sued, unless the organisers or an organisation had specifically instructed the arbiter to do it, or unless the arbiter had been appointed in spite of having a history of misbehaviour or, in the case of a junior event, with inadequate background checking.

As your question is a general one I will shortly split it and any following discussion to a new thread.

antichrist
09-04-2009, 02:52 PM
GG earlier somewhere claimed that FIDE would not have rules that broke country laws - something to that effect. Maybe FIDE'S laws don't contravene civil laws but how they are implemented could very well (the toilet issue). An arbitar could not fall back on FIDE to shift responsibility or for support. If for example the toilet issue occurred again and the "victim" decided to try and take legal action against the arbitar, if the case could proceed would the ACF also be answerable? As the incident had occurred on any earlier occasion and the ACF took no action it could be deemed also responsible.

Rincewind
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
ac you remind me of a dog with a bone. Although in this case the dog is mangy, blind in both eyes and hasn't yet realised he is chewing on his own hind leg.

antichrist
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
ac you remind me of a dog with a bone. Although in this case the dog is mangy, blind in both eyes and hasn't yet realised he is chewing on his own hind leg.

Gee RW, that is the nicest thing you have said about me in ages. Good Friday to you too - Happy Crucifixition

Rincewind
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Gee RW, that is the nicest thing you have said about me in ages.

What can I say? I felt inspired.

Good Friday to you too - Happy Crucifixition

Yep, have an Easter donut on me.

antichrist
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
by the way I intend winning on this issue, I reakon it will take about a year altogether, just plugging away at diff angles until have time to get more heavily into it.

I have often been lone cruscader and came out winning at end

BTW thanks for not barring me for a new thead somewhere else, clap clap clap

CameronD
10-04-2009, 10:52 PM
BTW thanks for not barring me for a new thead somewhere else, clap clap clap

lol