PDA

View Full Version : Bushfire Appeal: Chess Victoria Makes a Move to aid

Publicist
17-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Distribution of the Press Release
To all Club Presidents,

“Chess Victoria Makes a Move to aid Bushfire Appeal “

16 March, 2009 – For Immediate Release

Please see attached CV Press Release that was mailed today to the following newsrooms:

Port Phillip Leader - theleader@leadernewspapers.com.au

Emerald Hill Weekly -ehw@fairfax.com.au

The Melbourne Times - newsroom@fairfax.com.au

The Leader Newspaper – Melbourne Yarra Paper melbourne@leadernewspapers.com.au

Channel 7 by email
Channel 9 by fax
Channel 10 by fax
Channel 2 ABC Television by fax
SBS
The Age Newsroom
TheHerald Sun
The Australian Newspaper
MX Daily Newspaper
Southern Cross Radio - 3AW news@3aw.com.au

MIX 101.1 FM & GOLD 104.3 FM
Triple M
NOVA 100 FM by fax
Vega 91.5 FM by fax
SBS Greek News Elliott Renzis
SBS Russian News Leonid Sandler

David Man and Dona Demaio from 3AW will be publicising the event during the week.

The Press Release will also be mentioned during the week on Magic 1278 as the radio station is part of 3AW.

The event will take place on Saturday 21st of March at Melbourne City Square, corner of Collins Street and Swanston Street.

Chess Victoria has worked for weeks to organise this event. The Executive Committee will appreciate if every club nominates one or two representatives to show their support on the day and help create positive and exiting atmosphere. Please email the name of your representatives to Leonid Sandler or myself by no later then Thursday 19th of March. All representatives have to be at the City Square by 10.30am to give their support to our junior players. The juniors will commence playing at 11am.

Please give us your support and help Chess Victoria help the bushfire victims.

Best Regards,

Katrin Wills

Publicist
17-03-2009, 05:05 PM
The President of Chess Victoria has posted the following PRESS RELEASE.
Press Release:
“Chess Victoria Makes a move to aid Bushfire Appeal”
Chess Victoria has organised a simultaneous exhibition against the top Victorian
juniors and adults chess players to play at Melbourne City Square on Saturday 21st
of March.
The event is organised so the chess community of Victoria can give their support
and raise money for the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal.
“Some of the best players in Victoria will be playing all day against members of the
public” said Chess Victoria President Katrin Wills.
The Chess Exhibition will take place from 11am to 4pm at the City Square, corner of
Collins Street and Swanston Street. “For a small donation, members of the public
can test their skills by playing Victorian Chess Champions” said Ms Wills.
“It’s a privilege to organise this event for such a worthy cause” said Ms Wills.
Katrin Wills
President, Chess Victoria
Email: willsk at bigpond.net.au

ER
17-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Good on you CV, good on you all chess players who will provide their services on the day!
All there for a great chess and support for the bush fire sufferers day!
I will be there!

Mischa
17-03-2009, 09:14 PM
wasn't that kinda like my idea? but different?

Mischa
17-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Isn't that a tournament day for Noble Park?
Otherwise I am sure James would love to participate

eclectic
17-03-2009, 09:18 PM
and the word of the day is:

POSTPONEMENT

for him i mean not the simul

Mischa
17-03-2009, 09:35 PM
well yes but it is a bit short notice...but as I said James would love to play Can he just email or does it have to be through Noble Park?

Miranda
17-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Great initiative by CV!

Mischa
17-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes I think it is a great idea

AzureBlue
17-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Lol yay finally something different :)
to the
$10000 in 10mins
or
$5000 in 5 mins
that all the schools have done
my school's done cake stalls and entertainment as well as that lol
well done CV! :)

queenant89
18-03-2009, 11:27 PM
sounds like a great idea. who are the people giving the simuls??

ER
18-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Clubs have been notified to make players available for the event Sarah! I am sure you are most welcome to be one of the participants!

Mischa
19-03-2009, 08:04 PM
James has rescheduled his game and emailed CV so he is really looking forward to this

Davidflude
19-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Sally Yu is a starter. We shall try and organize more players to morrow night.

ER
19-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Sally announced her availability even before the event was made official :clap:
So did James :clap:
Weather forecasts for Saturday: A fine sunny day around 30! :) :clap:

Metro
26-03-2009, 03:23 AM
sounds like a great idea. who are the people giving the simuls??
Bobby Cheng,Sally Yu,Lawrence Matheson,Sam Chow,Igor Goldenberg,James Morris,Jason Tang? and Isaac Ng?
On a fine Saturday afternoon in City Square,the lovely Katrin and Leonid and a couple more volunteers presented a Simultaneous Exhibition.Gladys Liu,President of Box Hill Chess Club and Gary Wastell,President of ACF were also spotted.Many thanks to Katrin and Leonid,who put a lot of work into organising and putting on the event.(Let's not forget the aforementioned players.)

Igor_Goldenberg
26-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Being there made me realise what a tremendous effort Leonid, Katrin and her friends put in organising this event.

ER
26-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I believe a good idea as a gesture of support would be for Victorian (and not only) Chess Clubs to match collectively and $ for $ whatever money were gathered during the simul that day!
That, of course. exludes the Croydon CC :clap: :clap: :clap: whose members and administration with the help of Igor Goldenberg have already contributed to the campaign being the first (and only so far?) Chess Club to directly assist!

Watto
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I've just found a report by CV President Katrin Wills and also photos on the CV website which gives one a good sense of the event. I'm also curious to know how much was raised. Does anyone know?
http://chessvictoria.netfirms.com/bush_fire_appeal_photos.htm

eclectic
01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I've just found a report by CV President Katrin Wills and also photos on the CV website which gives one a good sense of the event. I'm also curious to know how much was raised. Does anyone know?
http://chessvictoria.netfirms.com/bush_fire_appeal_photos.htm

i was wondering the same re the other fundraiser. :)