PDA

View Full Version : School rant thread!

Saragossa
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Thread for all scholl based complaints.

For instance we have two english teachers, one is coll but the other one just gives us sheets putting no effort whatsoever into the lesson. I return this favour :owned:.

And the drama teacher put me into both the year and term drama so I have to do 8 periods per week of drama which is bollocks since I really wanted to do cooking but am now over committed to drama anyways /rant

Miranda
03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Hm... This term my elective subjects are Cinema and TV Studio Production. I would've prefered psychology, but I'm fine with them.

Saragossa
03-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I wish my school offered things like cinema and tv studio production, jealous!
Yeah i'm going to be doing psycholgy in college it'll be badass. Other then that my SOSE teacher is pretty cool he gives me A-'s all the time though...never an A I think it's a tactic to keep me constantly trying though cos' I usually get bored after first term lol.

Space_Dude
05-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I have a racist science class who wont let me alone and im in a normal science class when i shoud be in the smart people class... and the teacher can not speak english...

Saragossa
05-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I have a racist science class who wont let me alone and im in a normal science class when i shoud be in the smart people class... and the teacher can not speak english...

Yeah there seem to be alot of racists now. But it's not really racism because now it is just used in contempt of someone...like I call some of my friends fags when really I don't think they are homosexual whatsoever I just call them that if they do something that annoys me.

Perhaps you could work really hard and prove that you deserve to be in the advanced science class, it's happened to a couple of people at my school already.

Music teacher is cool though just lets us into the room during lunch (I don't even play an instrument lol) so we just chill rather then being outside in the cold wind on somedays.

Space_Dude
05-03-2009, 04:40 PM
so we just chill rather then being outside in the cold wind on somedays.
It never gets cold here...

Saragossa
05-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Another rant is because I don't bring swimming gear to PE the teacher gets cut and threatens to cut off privilages that have nothing whatsoever to do with PE. I am more then happy to bring normal PE gear but I don't really like swimming all that much and the things chlorine would do to my hair.

AzureBlue
12-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Another rant is because I don't bring swimming gear to PE the teacher gets cut and threatens to cut off privilages that have nothing whatsoever to do with PE. I am more then happy to bring normal PE gear but I don't really like swimming all that much and the things chlorine would do to my hair.
LOL
Swimming was compulsory for the last two years, but this year, seeing as my new school doesn't have a swimming pool, we don't have it in PE. Instead, we run. A lot.

that Caesar guy
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Come on, stop complaining. This is easy compared to life, or chess for that matter :lol:. Just knuckle down and do your work. And get on with life.
Seriously though, my Literature teacher can be a real bore, with all this pedantic rubbish like "May I do this" over "Can I do this", and the multiple uses of many pronouns like it, him and hers, etc.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Well, this is the rant section!

JM

AzureBlue
13-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Hm... This term my elective subjects are Cinema and TV Studio Production. I would've prefered psychology, but I'm fine with them.
Since they're electives, don't you get to choose what you do?
But, yeah, wish my school had so many options.. but then again, I'm only in yr 9.

Saragossa
14-04-2009, 07:57 PM
"Come on, stop complaining. This is easy compared to life" I'll keep this in mind next time I attempt "life". Pretty easy cos we are on easter break atm so we have like a bludge week where everyone is mellow except our nuts english teacher who insists we do two essays over the holidays.

CameronD
15-04-2009, 06:43 AM

And this is exactly why the school system is failing everyone!!!!. What stupid electives, they need sensible electives that lead to real jobs, like accounting, customer service, a trade etc.

AzureBlue
15-04-2009, 08:33 AM
"Come on, stop complaining. This is easy compared to life" I'll keep this in mind next time I attempt "life". Pretty easy cos we are on easter break atm so we have like a bludge week where everyone is mellow except our nuts english teacher who insists we do two essays over the holidays.
Well, for english I have to write a whole picture book and a mystery story. Which is well.. a bit too much seeing as it's the "holidays". lol :lol:

Miranda
15-04-2009, 10:24 AM
And this is exactly why the school system is failing everyone!!!!. What stupid electives, they need sensible electives that lead to real jobs, like accounting, customer service, a trade etc.
It does lead to real jobs! Television Studio Production is all about learning how they produce TV programs and we learn how to operate all the equiptment properly, and in Cinema class we analyse films and cinematic elements, and learn about the history of cinema and the technical elements (such as how the cameras work)

Space_Dude
15-04-2009, 12:01 PM
It does lead to real jobs! Television Studio Production is all about learning how they produce TV programs and we learn how to operate all the equiptment properly, and in Cinema class we analyse films and cinematic elements, and learn about the history of cinema and the technical elements (such as how the cameras work)
do you really need to know how the camera works? its as simple as a push of a button. why waste time on knowing how it work?

Saragossa
15-04-2009, 01:26 PM
To try and capture all the awesome stuff that other people won't get an oppurtunity to see, and are willing to pay for the capturing....on film of course. Or to quickly catch hot scoops of celebrities.

AzureBlue
15-04-2009, 02:00 PM
do you really need to know how the camera works? its as simple as a push of a button. why waste time on knowing how it work?
Only took me half a day - my school doesn't offer it (yet) but spent half a day at ACMI making short films. :)

Saragossa
16-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I got a phonecall the other day saying that I had passed my academic exam and now all I have to do is sit an interview with the principal to get the scholarship to college YAY!.

AzureBlue
16-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I got a phonecall the other day saying that I had passed my academic exam and now all I have to do is sit an interview with the principal to get the scholarship to college YAY!.
Well done :)

WhiteElephant
16-04-2009, 10:46 PM

Disagree 100%. The school system is too streamlined towards producing worker bees. bzzzzzzzzzzz

Taigastyle
16-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Like.

Oh my God.

Like.

If were doing school homework.

Like.

We should totally.

Like.

Be Paid.

Like.

All the other.

Like.

Times that we

Like.

Work.

Saragossa
17-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I would get fired effective immediate and so would alot of people in the school.

Sinister
17-04-2009, 01:33 PM
there are not enough opportunities ay school until you reach the higher years

AzureBlue
17-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Like.

Oh my God.

Like.

If were doing school homework.

Like.

We should totally.

Like.

Be Paid.

Like.

All the other.

Like.

Times that we

Like.

Work.
That

Would

Be

AWESOME.

:)

Taigastyle
17-04-2009, 04:47 PM
That

Would

Be

AWESOME.

Yeah.

Like.

Oh My.

Like.

God.

AzureBlue
17-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah.

Like.

Oh My.

Like.

God.

LOL.

;) :owned: :lol: :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :P

Space_Dude
17-04-2009, 04:56 PM
you people are crazy... School should not pay us for something we would benefit in the future when we would get More $$. If this was really the case, we would forget why we go to school in the first place... we would get too greedy. 'Sides the stinkin' government doesnt have enough dollars...

AzureBlue
17-04-2009, 05:02 PM
you people are crazy... School should not pay us for something we would benefit in the future when we would get More $$. If this was really the case, we would forget why we go to school in the first place... we would get too greedy. 'Sides the stinkin' government doesnt have enough dollars...
actually... we pay the school lol

Taigastyle
17-04-2009, 05:21 PM

I was joking Lol.

Saragossa
19-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I was joking Lol.
We should get paid if any thing we did at school benefitted anyone. Like if we were taught to paint and painted a building for school I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be paid for this (Actually happened at our school as part of a pathways planning scheme AKA the school needed something paintedwith free labour).

Desmond
19-04-2009, 10:29 PM
We should get paid if any thing we did at school benefitted anyone.If anything you did at school benefited anyone, that one was you.

Basil
19-04-2009, 11:40 PM
I was going to 'get stuck in' but decided against it on account of it being a teens thread. But seeing as I'm here :lol:, Sara do you believe all labour should be paid by 'someone'?

Here's a hypothetical. A parent of one of you school chums suffers a catastrophic disability in a car accident. Let's say it's the mum. Then the dad has to stop work and care full time for the mum (he decides not to put her in a home and move on with his life). My question is who pays the dad for the full-time care? He doesn't work. He can draw a pension I suppose - as can the mother. But what about the wage you speak of?

Or is it only some labour that should be paid?
Or is it only school labour?
Or is it only labour that isn't caring for another human, coz that's not really work is it?

Saragossa
20-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I was going to 'get stuck in' but decided against it on account of it being a teens thread. But seeing as I'm here :lol:, Sara do you believe all labour should be paid by 'someone'?

Or is it only some labour that should be paid?
Or is it only school labour?
Or is it only labour that isn't caring for another human, coz that's not really work is it?

That situation is unfortunate and yes I believe the father should be paid by the government. I don't believe school labour should be paid. Yes that is real work.

(This is in response to the 'benefit you' guy). I did home schooling for a part of my life and I still maintain that I learnt more there in 3 years then I have at school in 7 keeping in mind I do private study of subjects that interest me.I have also been on isolated aboriginal communities and from my mothers experience know that the classes were personalised but the kids spoke no english...they still learned a hell of alot in comparison to kids in the school I attend at the moment because they don't get any personalised time (I actually forgot the point of me saying this but I'm sure you will draw something). I might have to re-read over some of my previous comments that didn't come out right so I will read over those and correct where neccessary (if needed to begin with).

Saragossa
20-04-2009, 06:22 PM
If anything you did at school benefited anyone, that one was you.

Hilarious. What I mean to say is that there is alot of bull taught in school many life skills are not taught so I really don't think what the school does benefits me all that much. Luckily I was raised in a house hold where cooking, finances etc etc etc were highly valued. However someone (quite a few actually) I know has gone through their entire life from kindy to year 10 and cannot cook a meal for themselves and you are telling me school benefits you to the point of living alone? I have a very low opinion of what is considered neccessary by schools.

Desmond
20-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Hilarious. What I mean to say is that there is alot of bull taught in school many life skills are not taught so I really don't think what the school does benefits me all that much. Luckily I was raised in a house hold where cooking, finances etc etc etc were highly valued. However someone (quite few actually) I know has gone through their entire life from kindy to year 10 and cannot cook a meal for themselves and you are telling me school benefits you to the point of living alone? I have a very low opinion of what is considered neccessary by schools.Oh yes, how silly of me, if school does not teach you how to cook then everything it does teach you must be worthless. Pity part of that worthless bit at your school didn't include logic and rational thought. :hand:

Saragossa
20-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh yes, how silly of me, if school does not teach you how to cook then everything it does teach you must be worthless. Pity part of that worthless bit at your school didn't include logic and rational thought. :hand:
My rational thought is fine. Cooking was used as an example but it is good to see that the wisdom you have gained through your many more years of living then me has lead to your above low level sarcastic hack that does nothing more constructive then outright rambling, makes me see that the school system was just as flawed back in your day.

Many other things are not taught things that should be: financial planning (Finances are taught in maths but it is based around tax not actual long term planning or anything but taxing systems in banks which is valuable but only a fraction of the picture), Basic home maintenance, Proper team working guides and excercises (we get put in groups all the time but have never had these skills developed), Computing courses are in limited offer only one term per year and the importance of IT in todays society is recognised near everywhere. This is only a few of the things not taught by schools or not well covered enough.

Now I do apologise for snapping at you but I don't think it was without warrant. Maybe next time put a little more thought into your posts or simply read mine in more detail before posting.

Capablanca-Fan
20-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Many other things are not taught things that should be: financial planning (Finances are taught in maths but it is based around tax not actual long term planning or anything but taxing systems in banks which is valuable but only a fraction of the picture), Basic home maintenance, Proper team working guides and excercises (we get put in groups all the time but have never had these skills developed), Computing courses are in limited offer only one term per year and the importance of IT in todays society is recognised near everywhere. This is only a few of the things not taught by schools or not well covered enough.
I agree with a lot of that. Instead of the political correctness and black armband history, kids would be much better prepared with some financial planning (compound interest is essential to understand including "rule of 72"), some elementary plumbing and home maintenance, grammar, and logic.

Desmond
20-04-2009, 08:30 PM
My rational thought is fine. Cooking was used as an example but it is good to see that the wisdom you have gained through your many more years of living then me has lead to your above low level sarcastic hack that does nothing more constructive then outright rambling, makes me see that the school system was just as flawed back in your day.

Now I do apologise for snapping at you but I don't think it was without warrant. Maybe next time put a little more thought into your posts or simply read mine in more detail before posting.Actually I did read your posts, maybe you did not read them yourself.

"many life skills are not taught so I really don't think what the school does benefits me all that much."

is of the same form as I gave above, if school does not teach you {how to cook} then everything it does teach you must be worthless. So even though you may not get the benefit you desire, i.e. cooking, you nevertheless are the one who gets the benefit from being at school.

Saragossa
20-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree with a lot of that. Instead of the political correctness and black armband history, kids would be much better prepared with some financial planning (compound interest is essential to understand including "rule of 72"), some elementary plumbing and home maintenance, grammar, and logic.

Something I am in dire need of.:lol: I am a firm believer that school is there so kids can be successful in life and if you can't take care of yourself then you'd better learn quick because you're the most important thing in your life.

Saragossa
20-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Actually I did read your posts, maybe you did not read them yourself.

"many life skills are not taught so I really don't think what the school does benefits me all that much."

is of the same form as I gave above, if school does not teach you {how to cook} then everything it does teach you must be worthless.

How you draw this conclusion from everything I have said surprises me. I may have the odd quote in there but if you read everything I have written (on this subject) you obviously would not come to this very narrow final point of view(Unless you were biased to begin with. A teacher or some such?). I do need to read my posts more I agree because there is a huge amount of typos going on which I apologise for in advance :doh: other then that I think my posts are valid and I do not believe all of what I 'learn' at school is valueless just most of it. Teachers and many others reap rewards from the schooling system not just me or fellow students for that matter.