PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous Exhibition By Anti-christ

antichrist
05-02-2009, 12:32 PM
When I gave my exhibition at Bankstown Sports Club about ten years ago, about ten people showed up and I gave them all a queen start, that is I took my queen off the board. It took me about 5 hours to chase the last queen of the last standing player, was I buggered.

If all those simo stars are enjoying a blaze of glory and did not even give queen odds, so why can't I also.

Kevin Bonham
05-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Gee, that's not bad. Even if the opponents are just average social players, playing ten games at once at queen odds would be a big effort.

ER
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Rumour has it, it was his opponents who gave him a Queen start! :whistle:

antichrist
06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Gee, that's not bad. Even if the opponents are just average social players, playing ten games at once at queen odds would be a big effort.

actually they were my adult chess class, and one guy (a lawyer) had played a lot years ago - he put up the big fight. I also had a doctor in there etc. and coz of their age I just could not teach them. I put them up against my school students and the students wiped them out quick smart - and I lost my adult class quick smart - and the dough that went with it.

I did a similar thing when they had a chess day at Parramatta - I took on all comers all day and give queen odds - and still won all the games.

MichaelBaron
07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I think the very purpose of this thread is for someone to boast :whistle:

Kevin Bonham
07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I think the very purpose of this thread is for someone to boast :whistle:

Indeed; he's notorious for it. But at least he was upfront about it and so long as it is actually true I don't have a problem with it.

antichrist
07-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Peter Parr can back me up re the Parramatta event - coz the Parra council hired the garden set from him. And I discussed with him at the time.

And when K. Stead used to do simo at junior chess I would challenge him to give queen odds like lowly-rated myself does - you can ask him Mike, he is in your territory now.

My greatest pride is in coaching actually. My players defeated some who had by coached by champions. Maybe it was in spite of me you will say. The A/C self apprec thread if you like.

I am stil waiting for the silent majority to agree with my conclusions of Smurf's last Queenstown game.