PDA

View Full Version : How to kill an enterprise

shaun
07-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Authored by Jean-Charles Terrassier and published in "The Official Rules" by Paul Dickson.

Do not go to meetings.
If you go, arrive late.
Criticize the work of the organisers and members.
Get mad if your are not a member of the committee but, if you are, make no suggestions.
If the chair asks your opinion on a subject, say you have none. After the meeting say you have learned nothing, or tell everyone what should have happened.
Don't do what has to be done yourself, but when the members roll up their sleeves and do their very best, complain the group is run by a bunch of ego trippers.
Pay your dues as late as possible.
Never think of introducing new members.
Complain that nothing is ever published which interests you but never offer to write an article, make a suggestion, or find a writer.
And if the enterprise dies, say you saw it coming ages before.

Feldgrau
07-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Yes the problems we have in chess are by no means limited to chess alone.

I originally thought you had made up those rules based upon certain characters well known in this forum :)

Can I add 11.

11) Be active in administration appearing to be always there for the benefit of chess and to pick up the pieces when things fall apart; work like a beaver behind the scenes blocking and undermining any true progress.

FeldGrau.

antichrist
08-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Authored by Jean-Charles Terrassier and published in "The Official Rules" by Paul Dickson.

Do not go to meetings.
If you go, arrive late.
Criticize the work of the organisers and members.
Get mad if your are not a member of the committee but, if you are, make no suggestions.
If the chair asks your opinion on a subject, say you have none. After the meeting say you have learned nothing, or tell everyone what should have happened.
Don't do what has to be done yourself, but when the members roll up their sleeves and do their very best, complain the group is run by a bunch of ego trippers.
Pay your dues as late as possible.
Never think of introducing new members.
Complain that nothing is ever published which interests you but never offer to write an article, make a suggestion, or find a writer.
And if the enterprise dies, say you saw it coming ages before.

Shaun
I agree with you completely only in my case with the Sydney Easter Cup I got abused for months afterwards for been successful. Best of luck anyway.

firegoat7
16-07-2004, 12:57 PM
So true! Now where does do Bill and Matt fit into this? Did Matt do the right thing by trying to organise a common man tournament?.....hmmm food for thought.