PDA

View Full Version : BHCC Events - An Important Development

ER
04-01-2009, 05:50 AM
BOX HILL CC AND CANTERBURY JUNIORS CC

I am reproducing parts FROM the Club's 1st Bulletin of 2009

Our Autumn Cup starts on Friday the 6th of February ...
The entrance fee for the Autumn Cup has been reduced this year from $25 (early bird) to $15 (eb). This is a reduction that members will notice for many events at BHCC and CJCC in 2009.

It has become clear that there has been a boom in strong events being held around Melbourne. In particular the Elwood Bendigo Bank week-ender, the Victorian Championship, the Australian Masters, Noble Park events, and the Winter Interclub have been resurgent and are all competing for the same small pool of strong players. These same players are often entering for interstate and international events as well.

It is clear that BHCC should recognise the trend and return to concentrating on the best Club events possible. Our target is to have large fields, and low entry fees is a key factor to achieve this.

We will run two feature events during the year, the BHCC Championship and the BHCC OPEN where prize-money will be maximised by seeking sponsorship. But all other events will run on smaller entry fees and hence smaller prize money.

Start dates for 2009.
Friday 23rd of January 2009 for social games
Sunday 1st of February 2009 for novice coaching
Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 for junior coaching
Sunday 8th of February 2009 for FIRST Rookies and Queens tournament

I think, that this is a very important development for Victorian Chess initiated by the most prominent Club of the State in regards to membership, junior programs etc.

The question that arises is how this move will affect other clubs, players and generally, the future of the sport in Victoria.

In my opinion the move IS possitive and will result in larger numbers of players participating in the Club's activities.

I do not know, however, what the opinion of other Clubs and individuals is on this matter. I think it is a good opportunity for all of us to discuss possible outcomes etc.

Of what I understand membership fees of the Club will remain the same

All underlying, usage of different fonts and colours is mine.

CAGLES

ER
20-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Highlights from the Club's AGM 2008
Most improved player: Leon Kempen :clap:
Most improved junior player: Justin Tan :clap:
Best Club Member: Antoinette Ziffer:clap:
President's Gladys Liu tribute paid to hard working committee members: Gerrit Hartland, Trevor Stanning, Kerry Lyall, David Flude, Laurie Dalton, Howard Liston, Rachael (former secretary) and to non-committee members - Roger Croft, Shaun Fielder and Marcus Raine! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Life Membership awarded to David Flude! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Davidflude
20-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Those are the results of last years AGM

eclectic
20-03-2009, 05:28 PM
that's what you get when the box hill news is secondhand
JaK, U R not so gr8 at getting the facts now, R U?

:owned:

ER
20-03-2009, 05:35 PM
lol correct to all! :) Do I delete all with what remains of my reporting dignity still intact? Nop, I better leave it there (slightly edited :owned: to Fludy double :owned: to Eclecticus) as a monument to my absentmindness! :P