PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Fide laws of chess- current situation

Garvinator
19-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Does someone have a proper copy of the current situation regarding the 2009 fide laws of chess.

What I am looking for is a proper document which details the proposed changes to the laws of chess, including the proposals for the presidential board meeting, in February I think.

William AS
19-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Does someone have a proper copy of the current situation regarding the 2009 fide laws of chess.

What I am looking for is a proper document which details the proposed changes to the laws of chess, including the proposals for the presidential board meeting, in February I think.

I am looking for the same thing. Have not been able to find anyting on the FIDE website. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places or is it a secret?

Bill Gletsos
19-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Dont expect to see them anywhere for a while just yet.

What you will likely see when they are available is what was accepted at Dresden by the General Assembly with the exception of Article 6.7.

We will all have to for the FIDE Presidential Board meeting in February or March 2009 to see what finally becomes the wording or Article 6.7.

Eric Barentsen
25-12-2008, 07:52 PM
On the site of the Dutch Chess Federation www.schaakbond.nl there is a document with the final draft for the Presidential Board dated 17-12-2008.

http://www.schaakbond.nl/laatste-nieuws/nieuwsberichten/spelers-moeten-voortaan-op-tijd-komen-van-fide

William AS
25-12-2008, 09:42 PM
On the site of the Dutch Chess Federation www.schaakbond.nl there is a document with the final draft for the Presidential Board dated 17-12-2008.

Garvinator
25-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I now have a headache from reading the changes :uhoh:

Bill Gletsos
26-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, I meant to mention I received a copy last Tuesday.

Oepty
26-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I have just read more about the changes on chessbase and one question came to mind. They seem to be trying to standardise time controls and allowing only an increment of 30 seconds for title purposes. Does this mean the Australian Championships cannot use 90 minutes plus 60 sec as has been done in the past?
Scott

Bill Gletsos
26-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I have just read more about the changes on chessbase and one question came to mind. They seem to be trying to standardise time controls and allowing only an increment of 30 seconds for title purposes. Does this mean the Australian Championships cannot use 90 minutes plus 60 sec as has been done in the past?
ScottBased on the report on Chessbase 60 secs could not be used.

Oepty
26-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Based on the report on Chessbase 60 secs could not be used.

Do you have anything other than the chessbase reports to base that on? I am not totally convinced they are accurate, despite their best efforts
Scott

Bill Gletsos
26-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Do you have anything other than the chessbase reports to base that on? I am not totally convinced they are accurate, despite their best efforts
ScottI have heard this from another source so I suspect it is most likely correct.

I will however be waiting to see the reports from the relevant FIDE Committees or an official announcement on the FIDE website or change to the FIDE handbook..

Oepty
27-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I have heard this from another source so I suspect it is most likely correct.

I will however be waiting to see the reports from the relevant FIDE Committees or an official announcement on the FIDE website or change to the FIDE handbook..

Okay Bill, Thanks
Scott