PDA

View Full Version : Are any billets avaliable for the Australian Junior 2008

Bereaved
16-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether there were any billets being offered by South Australia for the duration of the Australian Juniors.

If anyone knows if this was available and could advise me that would be great, or who was the appropriate person to contact.

This billet is for a secondary student from Victoria, who would like to play in the event.

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Bereaved
17-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether there were any billets being offered by South Australia for the duration of the Australian Juniors.

If anyone knows if this was available and could advise me that would be great, or who was the appropriate person to contact.

This billet is for a secondary student from Victoria, who would like to play in the event.

So no-one knows who to ask or if it is happening; is that correct?

William AS
17-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone,

Information and contacts available at www.sajuniorchess.org Alan Goldsmith was advertising for billets so he should be able to tell you if any are still available.:)

Bereaved
17-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks William,

I will call Alan, and ask directly

Oepty
17-12-2008, 06:37 PM
So no-one knows who to ask or if it is happening; is that correct?

Hello Macavity. I have not been online since you posted, I was at work. I don't access the internet there so how I was expected to respond to this post before this stage is beyond me. If a player needs help finding a billet then as Bill has said, contact Alan Goldsmith, his details are freely available. I can not promise a billet can be found, but I am sure an effort will be made. PM me if you need anymore help.
Scott

Mischa
17-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Alan says there are no billets and others are asking $350 a week....:(
I have billeted (spelling?) so many people from all over Australia and overseas so it is particularly disappointing for me that no one can offer James a place to stay

Capablanca-Fan
17-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I have billeted (spelling?) so many people from all over Australia and overseas so it is particularly disappointing for me that no one can offer James a place to stay
That sux.

Oepty
17-12-2008, 07:00 PM

Okay, things must have changed in the last couple of days. I am sorry to hear that.
Scott

Oepty
17-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Can this thread please be merged with the Australian Juniors thread
Scott

Bereaved
17-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Scott,

please don't ask for my thread to be merged, it is a thread that I have created and has not drifted at all from its purpose, hence there is absolutely no need to merge it. Why do you want it merged?

Oepty
17-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi Scott,

please don't ask for my thread to be merged, it is a thread that I have created and has not drifted at all from its purpose, hence there is absolutely no need to merge it. Why do you want it merged?

Because it deals with the same topic

eclectic
17-12-2008, 07:12 PM
why the need for the thread at all?

can't the parties concerned deal with each other directly instead of through here?

C.Antolis
17-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Contact chesskids (cordover/mathew J )
Thats how i got my billet. But they are charging my parents 300 / week.

Bereaved
17-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Because it deals with the same topic

Are billets the same as the event itself? this way the request receives more attention than it might if buried in the thread, with the hope that there will be success with the hoped for billet.

why the need for the thread at all?

can't the parties concerned deal with each other directly instead of through here?

Because the parties do not always know each other to talk to, it is useful to let them know that the request is being made, and then the more private conversations might occur

Mischa
17-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Contact chesskids (cordover/mathew J )
Thats how i got my billet. But they are charging my parents 300 / week.

Hi Cedric...glad you got a place to stay
It is Matthew that has said $350 and he is going to ask Fedja..what do you think are the chances ?
It is sad that I have billeted kids and teenagers and adults for the past 8 years at least...for no cost...just wanting to help.
This is the first I have heard of billets wanting to be paid....no other state has asked before

ER
17-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Mischa you are back! I am so glad to see you!!!!
I wish it wasn't a one off thingy!!! :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Your firend ex Heaviest, ex heavy now JUSTAKNIGHT! - minus 60 kgs or something :)

Mischa
17-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Mischa you are back! I am so glad to see you!!!!
I wish it wasn't a one off thingy!!! :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Your firend ex Heaviest, ex heavy now JUSTAKNIGHT! - minus 60 kgs or something :)

Hey way to go
you have lost more than I weigh!!!
Awesome
I bow

Vlad
17-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I would suggest James to come to Sydney and play in the Australian Open instead. I can offer James a billet in my house.

Bereaved
17-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I would suggest James to come to Sydney and play in the Australian Open instead. I can offer James a billet in my house.

Hi Drug

That to me is a wonderful offer; not my choice what happens about it; but it shows wonderful generosity of spirit! I salute you!

Mischa
17-12-2008, 10:19 PM

Wow thank you....
that is so generous
I will talk to James in the am
again
Thank you

Desmond
18-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Welcome back Mischa :D :clap: