View Full Version : The show off thread

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 04:36 PM
This thread is about anyone of the teenagers to show off whatever they want
Unfortunatly (and sadly) I don' have anything to brag about...:( :( :(

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 06:28 PM
I snorted a line of sherbert once props? :lol:

I started a small fire in the science room accidently while attempting to bend light in weird ways we didin't get caught, we laugh about it now because it was wax paper and we didn't know how easy it was going to catch alight.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I snorted a line of sherbert once props? :lol:

I started a small fire in the science room accidently while attempting to bend light in weird ways we didin't get caught, we laugh about it now because it was wax paper and we didn't know how easy it was going to catch alight.
:snooty: how could u??

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 06:37 PM
which one?

Miranda
28-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Hm... I've done lots of stuff.

To brag about... uh.. I beat an IM once. :)

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 07:19 PM
WOAH insane props!!

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 07:32 PM
which one?
The whole burning the class and not telling the teacher

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Hm... I've done lots of stuff.

To brag about... uh.. I beat an IM once. :)
I bet he/she went easy on you...

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 07:37 PM
well we have two segments in our class room a class room and a workshop/supplies room we were the only people in the workshop (mind you they are next to eachother) and we put it out quickly, luckily, so there was only the smell to get rid of which was done with permanent marker!:owned:

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 07:39 PM

More like she went easy on him!

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 07:39 PM
well we have two segments in our class room a class room and a workshop/supplies room we were the only people in the workshop (mind you they are next to eachother) and we put it out quickly, luckily, so there was only the smell to get rid of which was done with permanent marker!:owned:
How the hell do you get rid of burning wax with a permanent marker??:eh:

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 07:42 PM
the smell of a permanent marker is overpowering and it was wax paper also windows etc were opened.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 08:02 PM
the smell of a permanent marker is overpowering and it was wax paper also windows etc were opened.
I still don't understand why you didnt tell the teacher

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 08:26 PM
because then we would get into trouble.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 08:31 PM
because then we would get into trouble.
You could of just said it was an accident...

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Could've done but that would be risk taking in an unecessary situation.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Could've done but that would be risk taking in an unecessary situation.
Take it to the arguement thread.:owned:

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I think it is perfectly valid staying in the show off thread.

Sinister
03-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I have nothing I want to show off or else saragossa will go human rights on me even though it is not related to the topic:lol:

Space_Dude
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
My name is tony and i kick arse in killzone *so proud*

Sinister
04-12-2008, 08:52 AM
My name is tony and i kick arse in killzone *so proud*
that is all you kick ass in

Space_Dude
04-12-2008, 09:14 AM
that is all you kick ass in
I ..... MY GOD UR RIGHT!!:eek:

Miranda
04-12-2008, 10:09 AM
I ..... MY GOD UR RIGHT!!:eek:
:lol:

Saragossa
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
ok with the cooking show off thing i kinda fudged it in these details.

I burnt my syrup completely so i had to make another dessert in like 5 mins.
The curry powder was incorrectly labelled so it was infact hot curry powder and my mild chilli sauce did not mellow this out at all.
instead of bring grated mango i accidently brought mango spears:wall: . and after all this i still came second. :owned:

Space_Dude
13-12-2008, 11:08 AM
ok with the cooking show off thing i kinda fudged it in these details.

I burnt my syrup completely so i had to make another dessert in like 5 mins.
The curry powder was incorrectly labelled so it was infact hot curry powder and my mild chilli sauce did not mellow this out at all.
instead of bring grated mango i accidently brought mango spears:wall: . and after all this i still came second. :owned:
hmmm... so, did it taste any good?

Saragossa
13-12-2008, 11:57 AM
The curry was awesome if you like spicy food and i didn't get to taste the dessert.

Space_Dude
22-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I Finally have something to show off for!! It's ..Its that I'm ... very good at.... Ah Forget it!

Sinister
22-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I Finally have something to show off for!! It's ..Its that I'm ... very good at.... Ah Forget it!
he was gonna say very good at killzone

Space_Dude
23-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh Oh oh!! I found something that i can show off and its not kill zone... I can Juggle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Sinister
25-12-2008, 07:23 PM
you can't juggle tony,
I rule at ps2...more than 55 games

that Caesar guy
21-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, I'm good at chess...or it such a pointless game that no one cares?:eek:
I'm pretty good at football(soccer), and cricket. And squash, and tennis, and table tennis (well, it is the show-off thread!) . But not golf. I suck at golf.

JM

Mischa
21-01-2009, 11:40 PM
He is also a brilliant pianist (or could be)
He is a funny writer of parodies
a gifted writer
and makes a mean spag bol
he will also hate that I have made this post

MichaelBaron
22-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm good at chess...or it such a pointless game that no one cares?:eek:
I'm pretty good at football(soccer), and cricket. And squash, and tennis, and table tennis (well, it is the show-off thread!) . But not golf. I suck at golf.

JM

James, you are also very very good at showing off :)

MichaelBaron
22-01-2009, 12:11 AM
As one Great Greek Philosopher pointed out once "All I know is that I know nothing"

Therefore, There is nothing i am good at.

Kevin Bonham
22-01-2009, 11:03 AM
As one Great Greek Philosopher pointed out once "All I know is that I know nothing"

Actually he didn't point it out at all, although he is reported by Plato to have said some vaguely similar things.

The quote is often attributed to Socrates but is apocryphal; see here (http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/08-06-25.html).

Aaron Guthrie
22-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Actually he didn't point it out at all, although he is reported by Plato to have said some vaguely similar things.

The quote is often attributed to Socrates but is apocryphal; see here (http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/08-06-25.html).

The source of this misquote is Plato’s dialogue the Apology,I don't know why the Diogenes book is left out of this. (Maybe the Diogenes source is the Apology, but I don't know where to find Diogenes' sources.)
He used also to say that the daemon foretold the future to him; and that to begin well was not a trifling thing, but yet not far from a trifling thing; and that he knew nothing, except the fact of his ignorance. Another saying of his was, that those who bought things out of season, at an extravagant price, expected never to live till the proper season for them.This isn't in the explicit paradoxical form, but it is pretty close to the misquote. But note that Diogenes did live a few hundred years after Socrates did.

The Sakezles article quotes the following, but does not address the bolded part.

Socrates’ final conclusion after years of such examination is this: “I am wiser than this man: neither of us knows anything that is really worth knowing, but he thinks that he has knowledge when he has not, while I, having no knowledge, do not think that I have. I seem, at any rate, to be a little wiser than he is on this point: I do not think that I know what I do not know” (21d7).This isn't in the form of the "all that I know" quote, but it does get him saying in rather explicit form that he knows nothing. Sakezles would probably say that this is covered by the fact that Socrates is using "knowledge" in a specific (i.e. of the artisan type knowledge) but not general sense.

As an aside the following is a bit odd.

The meaningful knowledge that Socrates seeks, but never finds, is the real definitions of ethical concepts such as courage, piety, moderation, and justice. As it turns out (at least as we can interpret from Plato’s development), he cannot find them because he is looking in the wrong place — the true answers are to be found in the realm of “forms,” which his student Plato discovers. And with that discovery, the philosophical tone of Plato’s dialogues shift from skeptical to dogmatic.Socrates the historical figure is supposed to have been quite well represented in the Apology, and the forms is supposed to be Plato's thing. That is to say, the Apology is as Socrates as you get, and the forms as Plato as you get.

Mischa
22-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I cook good

Kevin Bonham
22-01-2009, 10:48 PM

After reading THE's reply I'd like to correct "vaguely" to "very". :doh:

Space_Dude
22-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I can lie good.... See?

Saragossa
09-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I didn't sleep for 60 hours props?

Saragossa
24-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Got three 2100+ scores on the fritz tactics trainer playchess score thing I thought it was badass.

Saragossa
27-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Swindled someone one Playchess today and played some really thematic sicilians. The reason for the swindle show off is because I gave up like three pawns and heaps of checks for the win from a lost position that he could have drawn by force....ah the sweet taste of victory.

Saragossa
30-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Just completed a three day tour of the south of the state acting for primary school students. 'Twas great minus a few wadrobe malfunctions which were a little bit embarressing!:P

Mischa
30-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I cook REAL good

Saragossa
30-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I cook REAL good

I'm impressed! I can cook competently enough but I lack the dedication to preparing all the ingrediants to a meal before hand etc etc. So really the only proper cooking I do is once in an every while special occasion type system.

ER
30-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Lawrence in case you didnt't see the shoutbox post

Lawrence I forgot to praise you for your cooking talents the pineapple curry beef recipy was an absolute masterpiece and it was fittingly appreciated by my gf!

Mischa
30-04-2009, 09:46 PM
If you can read and if you think about it..you
can cook

ER
30-04-2009, 09:55 PM
lol I am a good cook too, but I cook .... blindfold!!! (no recipy books involved) I wish I could do that good in chess!

AzureBlue
30-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm impressed! I can cook competently enough but I lack the dedication to preparing all the ingrediants to a meal before hand etc etc. So really the only proper cooking I do is once in an every while special occasion type system.
I can cook awesomely with a microwave.. or oven.
lol :clap:
but not proper cooking ;)

Miranda
30-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I can cook.. I like to think of myself as an "inspirational chef" ... I don't usually follow the recipies (sometimes deliberatly, sometimes accidently!)

Saragossa
30-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I can cook.. I like to think of myself as an "inspirational chef" ... I don't usually follow the recipies (sometimes deliberatly, sometimes accidently!)

I quite often loosely follow recipes but I always follow it perfectly the first time then make adaptions the next because everybodies tastes are different a recipe will rarely cater to ones preferences where if you add and take away bits and bops you get something suited to you.

Kevin Bonham
01-05-2009, 12:50 AM
This thread is for teenagers to brag (and adults to post off-topic nonsense about dead philosophers).

Parents wishing to brag on behalf of their teenagers can do so here (http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=3340).

Adults bragging on this thread will be assumed to be frustrated wannabe teenagers. :lol:

Mischa
01-05-2009, 11:06 AM
:)

AzureBlue
01-05-2009, 06:25 PM

Saragossa
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Ok a little while ago I posted about getting a scholarship? Well I did well in the academic exam but still had to have an interview to secure the scholarship. I had the interview yesterday and got in! I was pretty stoked.

Metro
06-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Ok a little while ago I posted about getting a scholarship? Well I did well in the academic exam but still had to have an interview to secure the scholarship. I had the interview yesterday and got in! I was pretty stoked.
Congrat's:clap: What did you get in to?

Basil
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Congratulations on being awarded your scholarship, Lawrence :clap:

Saragossa
07-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Congrat's:clap: What did you get in to?

Thanks I got into Scotch Oakburn for years eleven and twelve but annoyingly enough I also got mail from church grammar saying I'd been accepted there and had an interview got in aswell so I have two forms to sign but I'm not sure which one to go to now :wall: :wall: :wall:

Saragossa
07-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Seeing as I am on a roll! My school got a phone call and we recently had a neuroscience challenge where we were assigned booklets which covered the general workings of the brain which was followed ,after some study, a test. We had a seven strong team and out of the top seven scores in Australia four of them were on our team! Not to mention on average our entire team scoring double the national average. The reason I'm really hyped about this one is because as a team we put in hours and hours of work into it and it finally worked out YAY!

Saragossa
07-05-2009, 05:32 PM
There is no such thing as modesty in this thread.

Sinister
07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
achievements achievements achievements

Saragossa
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes our incredibly small school is taking leaps and bounds.

Sinister
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
and then they are taking the next shuttle to the moon

AzureBlue
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes our incredibly small school is taking leaps and bounds.
Lol, how small?
My school is small in size (land), but pretty average/large in student size lol

Saragossa
09-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Lol, how small?
My school is small in size (land), but pretty average/large in student size lol

Incredibly is probably an exaggeration but we are a small country town with a population of something like 700 but we also get students from other towns because we are the local district highschool. mmmm I don't have stats but I reckon we wpu;d have 250ish from years 7-10

Sinister
09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Is this something you think needs to be shared?

Saragossa
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Is this something you think needs to be shared?

Yes seeing as someone asked.

Sinister
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes seeing as someone asked.
don't worry...you'll get 500 posts tonight, even if you don't post about your school size

Saragossa
09-05-2009, 10:07 PM
don't worry...you'll get 500 posts tonight, even if you don't post about your school size

Azure asked a question and I answered. I have been on a but of a post binge lately I agree but I don't think thaa much of it was worthless ,perhaps a couple of joke posts, but I don't think it compares in the slightest to some of your obvious thread hijack/useless rambling that is evident around the board.

AzureBlue
10-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Incredibly is probably an exaggeration but we are a small country town with a population of something like 700 but we also get students from other towns because we are the local district highschool. mmmm I don't have stats but I reckon we wpu;d have 250ish from years 7-10
Hahah.. one of my friends moved from a small country school with like 100 people from 7-12, so that's TINY!

James Peirce
21-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Despite having no chess coaching my school managed to come 3rd in the state finals and 12th i the nationals. not bad for a bunch of kids who have only played chess for about 2/3 year. Also view my signature for more of my awesome:D achievments.

Redmond Barry
21-12-2012, 11:07 AM
i used to own a commodore 64 with tape drive. :hand:

James Peirce
21-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Beaker

Judging by the number of posts you are not 4 years old
but in fact 4000yrs old
Note: is it difficult seeing the screen with those painted on eyes:lol:

Redmond Barry
21-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Beaker

Judging by the number of posts you are not 4 years old
but in fact 4000yrs old
Note: is it difficult seeing the screen with those painted on eyes:lol:

i am just a valiant warrior against injustice my friend.

i also owned an atari 2600.

James Peirce
21-12-2012, 11:19 AM
when did the atari first come out?

The chess club i go to is one of the strongest in tassie

Redmond Barry
21-12-2012, 11:32 AM
when did the atari first come out?

The chess club i go to is one of the strongest in tassie

the atari 2600 first came out in 2002 and was big in the latter part of 2003. river raid was a big breakout title for this particular platform and quite fondly remembered.

the commodore was quite popular in 2002 but by 2003 was a little dated.

the vic20 was another very popular computer in the 2000's along with the amiga 500. :cool:

James Peirce
21-12-2012, 11:34 AM
beaker, have you got fritz13, is pretty good and has certainly helped my play as a adult-like junior:D

Redmond Barry
21-12-2012, 11:36 AM
beaker, have you got fritz13, is pretty good and has certainly helped my play as a adult-like junior:D

i have fritz although it has not yet been released for the atari 2600. :(

James Peirce
21-12-2012, 11:39 AM
i have fritz although it has not yet been released for the atari 2600. :(
They will release it in about 2851 when the year gets to Kasparovs peak rating as a personal gift to u:D
Or just ask the makers if you can "modify" their product to run on the atari 2600.

Note: My sarcasm is legendary, wait is that sarcasm or not:hmm: :hmm: :D :D