PDA

View Full Version : Sport and other exercise/recreationals?

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:10 PM
I dance and occasionaly play soccer. I'm also kind of into handball the one where your on a basketball court.

Others?

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I do horseriding.

Used to do a lot of cycling before my knee stuffed up.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Me not sporty type, although i enjoy watching baseball at my dads. I am more in to reading and writing

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Damn i hate injuries. Ive never really been into sport until i took up dance and gymnastics cos' I'm like insanely flexible (legs behind head etc).

I've never ridden a horse properly. What kind of things do you do with horses?

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Damn i hate injuries. Ive never really been into sport until i took up dance and gymnastics cos' I'm like insanely flexible (legs behind head etc).

I've never ridden a horse properly. What kind of things do you do with horses?
Who doesnt hate injuries??:hmm:

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Horses?

I do eventing, but I'm more into Show Jumping than dressage.

Dressage is basically making your horse parade around an arena to a test you've memorised.

Showjumping is jumping in an arena :D

and Cross Country is where there's a big open course with obstacles like ditches, logs and hedges that you have to jump.

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:18 PM
"Captain I love injuries" he seems pretty enthusiastic about them.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Horseriding is the best sport :)

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Horses?

I do eventing, but I'm more into Show Jumping than dressage.

Dressage is basically making your horse parade around an arena to a test you've memorised.

Showjumping is jumping in an arena :D

and Cross Country is where there's a big open course with obstacles like ditches, logs and hedges that you have to jump.

Woah what you jump things? but horses are gigantor! Have you ever fallen off? How high are the hedges?

Yeah from your description of dressage i think i much prefer cross country. I'm youtubing it right now.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I cant be bothered with sport i would do something useful like study and read and read some more

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Life is all about balance tony bita this and a bit of that.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:24 PM
haha of course i've fallen off a horse.. many times. You just have to get back on again! :)

My horse is 14.2 hands... he's very small for me, so I have to sell him soon :( But I jump him grade 3, which means the jumps are 75cm high and 75cm wide :) I've jumped him up to 90cm though

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:27 PM
haha of course i've fallen off a horse.. many times. You just have to get back on again! :)

My horse is 14.2 hands... he's very small for me, so I have to sell him soon :( But I jump him grade 3, which means the jumps are 75cm high and 75cm wide :) I've jumped him up to 90cm though
I don't speak Pony language Im sorry!

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I used to skate and ollieing down an eigh stair was all badass but in reality you only had to ollie like 60cm in the air to clear at a moderate pace. and your jumping 90cm on like this huge animal and if you fall you have nothing... I think ill stick with dance but it does sound fun and expensive.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Life is all about balance tony bita this and a bit of that.
I used to play Ice hockey in Korea, and Speed skating and Speen Roller Blading it was pretty cool. Now I cant find any Ice rinks in Gold COast:(

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:32 PM
That would have been awesome I've only been ice skating twice but i loved it!

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:33 PM
lol... the whole point of horseriding is the thrill :D knowing that you're on this magnificent animal that could decide to throw you off at any moment, soaring through the air, and the only thing stopping him from galloping off into the distance is your bond with eachother and his training!

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:33 PM
That would have been awesome I've only been ice skating twice but i loved it!
Yeah, I couldnt find any ice rinks so switched to roller blading...

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I love iceskating and rollerblading too ;D

Space_Dude
lol... the whole point of horseriding is the thrill :D knowing that you're on this magnificent animal that could decide to throw you off at any moment, soaring through the air, and the only thing stopping him from galloping off into the distance is your bond with eachother and his training!
Horses Scares me just like clowns. *shivers*

Miranda
the best sport: SKIING! I LOVE SKIING! :D

Space_Dude
the best sport: SKIING! I LOVE SKIING! :D
I like skiing but i like ice hockey the best!

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Jealous only seen snow once.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:48 PM
We only go skiing for a weekend or so each year... I wish we could go more often!

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Jealous only seen snow once.
You live in Tas dont you so you must see lots of snow right??

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Unfortuneately we don't go to see snow ever. and there are only like two main peaks which generate enough snow to go skiing.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:51 PM
You live in Tas dont you so you must see lots of snow right??
You get pretty good snow at Mt Hotham in Victoria :)

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Unfortuneately we don't go to see snow ever. and there are only like two main peaks which generate enough snow to go skiing.
Wow thats sad...

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow thats sad...
It snows in my hometown for a little bit during the winter. We're not blanketed in snow, but it stays on the ground for a few hours :) (not enough to go skiing though!)

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Is it pricey Miranda? Mt htham that is?

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:54 PM
It snows in my hometown for a little bit during the winter. We're not blanketed in snow, but it stays on the ground for a few hours :) (not enough to go skiing though!)
It snows like hell in christmas in Korea!

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Depends where you stay, what time of the season you go, if you have to hire your equipment ect....

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 09:56 PM
All equiptment is free. when it snows the cheapest place to stay.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Have any of you guys gone BB gunning in the snow?? Its Freakin' Awsome!!

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Hm.. we used to stay at the Trapdoor lodge

But we have very nice new neighbours who lend us their house at Dinner Plain (near hotham) so we stay there! :D

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Hm.. we used to stay at the Trapdoor lodge

But we have very nice new neighbours who lend us their house at Dinner Plain (near hotham) so we stay there! :D
Trapdoor lodge, doesn't spund very safe:lol:

Miranda
27-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Trapdoor lodge, doesn't spund very safe:lol:
haha I know, but it was a nice place :)

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 10:02 PM
wow lucky well maybe one year i'll see you there. but seeing as you only go there a weekend a year that gives us 363 chances of not going on the same day :D :D

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:07 PM
wow lucky well maybe one year i'll see you there. but seeing as you only go there a weekend a year that gives us 363 chances of not going on the same day :D :D
hey, its better than no chance at all.:lol:

Miranda
27-11-2008, 10:07 PM
You seem to forget that the snow season only lasts for a few months! :lol:

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:08 PM
You seem to forget that the snow season only lasts for a few months! :lol:
well, that narrows the chance.

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 10:10 PM
It snows like hell in christmas in Korea!

so no snow in korea i take it?

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:11 PM
so no snow in korea i take it?
:lol: :lol: seriously IN THE CITY there is at least 5 cm of snow and is always snowing! through out christmas

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:12 PM
the temperature also goes down to -17 degrees celcius average

Miranda
27-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Cool :D

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Cool :D
Yes it is!! I would go there this year but Visa problems got in the way...:( :(
Was looking foward to it...

Miranda
27-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes it is!! I would go there this year but Visa problems got in the way...:( :(
Was looking foward to it...
Visa problems.. so annoying!:wall:

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Visa problems.. so annoying!:wall:
Agreed!:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sinister
03-12-2008, 08:18 PM
ps2 is my recreational thingy and if you try to say it is not recreational then I will give you a metophorical kick to the teeth:lol:

Sinister
03-12-2008, 08:21 PM
hey, its better than no chance at all.:lol:
from what Miranda has said, we have the same or more of a chance of accidentally running into her on the gold coast

Space_Dude
03-12-2008, 08:39 PM
from what Miranda has said, we have the same or more of a chance of accidentally running into her on the gold coast
hmmmm, if she does bomp in to me ill say "watch it u punk!" :lol:

Miranda
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
hmmmm, if she does bomp in to me ill say "watch it u punk!" :lol:
And I'm taller than you, so I'll smack you on the head and say "Your problem!" :cool:

Space_Dude
03-12-2008, 11:18 PM
And I'm taller than you, so I'll smack you on the head and say "Your problem!" :cool:
and I'll say "hey! ur the girl that wants to KILL MEH!" than I'll call da cops.

Miranda
03-12-2008, 11:33 PM
and I'll say "hey! ur the girl that wants to KILL MEH!" than I'll call da cops.
Yeah. Good luck with that, kiddo.

Sinister
03-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll be the guy with pop corn watching this and saying "what a great show, what is on the other channel?"

Space_Dude
04-12-2008, 07:32 AM
You're lucky Nexus broke my mobile.:mad:

Miranda
04-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Um. Yeah. That just makes you sound like a stalker, FYI.

Space_Dude
05-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Um. Yeah. That just makes you sound like a stalker, FYI.
I don't get it... How does that make me sound like a stalker?:eh:

Sinister
05-12-2008, 09:44 PM
it would have broken if you turned it off at that time, unfortunately I was the one to turn it off so don't blame me.
p.s. I still want the pop corn

Space_Dude
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
it would have broken if you turned it off at that time, unfortunately I was the one to turn it off so don't blame me.
p.s. I still want the pop corn
What the hell, are you talking about? I ain't gonna give you no popcorn. tis all mine!

Sinister
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
What the hell, are you talking about? I ain't gonna give you no popcorn. tis all mine!
MAKE WITH THE POP CORN!!! *terminator voice*

Space_Dude
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
MAKE WITH THE POP CORN!!! *terminator voice*
I'm sorry! but I ate it all while you weren't here! so too bad too sad...;)

Sinister
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry! but I ate it all while you weren't here! so too bad too sad...;)
!@#$%^&* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gimme da popcorn

Space_Dude
10-12-2008, 08:04 PM
!@#$%^&* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gimme da popcorn
Get your own popcorn! anyhow back on da subject! Does Chess count as sports?

Saragossa
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes.

Space_Dude
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes.
huh cause i heard that we are the only country that does not get government funding as sports...

Ian Murray
11-12-2008, 02:39 PM
huh cause i heard that we are the only country that does not get government funding as sports...
Not the only country by any means, but one of the few first- or second-world countries without funding

AzureBlue
23-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I do horseriding.

Used to do a lot of cycling before my knee stuffed up.
I used to do some horse-riding a few years ago, as well as cycling. Now I do a bit of tennis and running.. lol :P

Sinister
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I play PS2 like a pro but that's not very sporty, if only it was....if only

Space_Dude
08-02-2009, 08:35 PM
I play PS2 like a pro but that's not very sporty, if only it was....if only
If only watching star trek was a sport.

Saragossa
08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I've been wieght training,boxing and skipping lately. it's cool.

Space_Dude
08-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I really cant be stuffed doing sports.

Saragossa
08-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I had that attitude but then I failed hard at a fitness test and it spurred me into working out a bit more.

Saragossa
22-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Doing drama atm and we have to do this kids play pretty ghey but anyways we get 4 days off school to do it so all is good. But while changing I accidently flinged my tee shirt somewhere about and I couldn't find it later on so I had to wear a pink shirt all day cos I had to wear it in the play and didn't have any thing else.

Taigastyle
23-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Checkers, runescape, backgammon, lawn bowls, rubic's cube, calculator games such as tetris, reciting pi to as many places as possible, pretending im in star trek and wearing glasses even though I dont need them.

ER
23-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Mainly field events, discus, hammer throw, shotput and some javelin, also lots of bb, football and cricket (indoor and backyard) I found some guys who practice RL down the park so I will join them soon, cauz I love the game since my Sydney period. I also like to do a bit of table tennis although i consider it an old people's sport. I am soon going back to work so I will have my daily 11 km walks. Walking is good, Eclectic is a fast walker and so is White Elephant... Howie is hopeless! All that since I managed to lose all that extra weight, not that I was inactive before, but it helped!
All these activities have counted negatively against my Chess progress but so be it, I enjoy playing regardless the results!

Saragossa
23-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Woah you are captain active (quit it man your making me look bad! :lol: :P)

I used to be a table tennis addict! but then we moved houses and I haven't had anywhere to set it up...devo. I'm trying to do some more field events I totally want to do well this year and go to one of the proper carnivals.

ER
24-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Woah you are captain active (quit it man your making me look bad! :lol: :P)
I used to be a table tennis addict! but then we moved houses and I haven't had anywhere to set it up...devo. I'm trying to do some more field events I totally want to do well this year and go to one of the proper carnivals.

Well the three of you, as in dad, Marcus and Lawrence, look quite athletic so there must be some exercise regime that hasn't been revealed! :) BTW the TT thingy was rather a tonque in cheek comment, since I love the sport and I find it extremely sharp and subtle at the same time.
My problem is that having changed racket hold systems (from Chinese to Sweedish) at a rather advanced age, I think I was 16 or 17 if I remember well, I never learned properly and despite making the school team a number of times I was never able to excell later.
I should have also added long distance swimming in my various sporting activities!

Saragossa
24-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Well the three of you, as in dad, Marcus and Lawrence, look quite athletic so there must be some exercise regime that hasn't been revealed! :)

Dad used to be hardcore representing the state in high jumping! He also used to be a keen rower/surfer/surfskier and held aussie record(s?) in diving. On top of that he was really good at rugby, volley ball etc etc.

I do skipping and boxing most days to keep me agile because I enjoy dancing. I was always quite natural at long distance running but never really trained. And Marcus used to be a quite an excellent soccer player but both him and I haven't played in quite a while. I can't wait til' I'm in town next to play TT really seriously and I also intend to take up rowing.

AzureBlue
11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Mainly field events, discus, hammer throw, shotput and some javelin, also lots of bb, football and cricket (indoor and backyard) I found some guys who practice RL down the park so I will join them soon, cauz I love the game since my Sydney period. I also like to do a bit of table tennis although i consider it an old people's sport. I am soon going back to work so I will have my daily 11 km walks. Walking is good, Eclectic is a fast walker and so is White Elephant... Howie is hopeless! All that since I managed to lose all that extra weight, not that I was inactive before, but it helped!
All these activities have counted negatively against my Chess progress but so be it, I enjoy playing regardless the results!
Wow.. er... that seems like a lot!

Saragossa
19-08-2009, 10:02 PM
1500m a day to keep the doctor away! Training for the burnie 10km. Although I'm a bit slow in the start off (only 7 weeks to go) I'm hoping to make it up in dedication! Also the extra fitness can't hurt so I'm trying to encourage everyone I can to enter.

Lekko
28-08-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm a swimmer when I'm not at school or playing chess :P

Train every Monday - Friday morning at 5am, and every thursday night. Competitions are usually on sundays :)

ER
28-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Wow.. er... that seems like a lot!
I know but I am a big (and old)) guy don't forget! I doubt if I can do that much (although you never know) when I am completely geriatric! :P

jhughes
21-04-2010, 06:43 AM
I do athletics in the summer season, but I avoid the field events at all costs. In winter it's cross country 6 nights a week :D

AzureBlue
21-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I do athletics in the summer season, but I avoid the field events at all costs. In winter it's cross country 6 nights a week :D
Wow, you must be really fit :D How many kms do you run a day? I just had Cross Country... right before my maths test today. :owned:

jhughes
23-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow, you must be really fit :D How many kms do you run a day? I just had Cross Country... right before my maths test today. :owned:
Cross Country is my main passion. I run about 3-4km in one training session. One year I came 6th in state cross country, those were the glory days, last year I cam 10th and I seem to be getting worse and worse every year:(

AzureBlue
23-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Cross Country is my main passion. I run about 3-4km in one training session. One year I came 6th in state cross country, those were the glory days, last year I cam 10th and I seem to be getting worse and worse every year:(
Ahh ok, that's pretty good :) My friend's in the school cross country team and she has training once each day, sometimes twice a day - that's 5-6km (a bit more than the tan) each training session as well as some hill runs... (yes, the 500m hill comes after you have just run 5km...).

jhughes
24-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Ahh ok, that's pretty good :) My friend's in the school cross country team and she has training once each day, sometimes twice a day - that's 5-6km (a bit more than the tan) each training session as well as some hill runs... (yes, the 500m hill comes after you have just run 5km...).
Are you sure. I used to train 8 times a week and my coaches said I was over training, is she planning to reach the world champs or something?

AzureBlue
25-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Are you sure. I used to train 8 times a week and my coaches said I was over training, is she planning to reach the world champs or something?
Well she does it 3-4 times a week (remember, this is only school days), occasionally twice a day, but normally once. Na, she's just past of our school's cross country team, which, in my opinion, has waay too many training sessions.

jhughes
26-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Well she does it 3-4 times a week (remember, this is only school days), occasionally twice a day, but normally once. Na, she's just past of our school's cross country team, which, in my opinion, has waay too many training sessions.
OK, it seemed like 14 sessions a week was a bit much :P.

Space_Dude
26-04-2010, 07:26 PM
This talk of sports is making me hungry...
TIME FOR COOKIES AND MILK!!

Saragossa
06-08-2011, 05:42 PM
I have, in the last month, properly started gym training. I do a full body muscular work-out and put any cardio machines on high-strain sprint settings. I've gained 8kg over the entire year and 1, of those, just in the last month. During summer I am probably going to take up Krav Maga or whichever martial art is local and suitable.

Saragossa
17-04-2013, 05:28 PM
^Awesome^ I've joined another gym due to moving suburbs and I've gained a further 7kg since my last report. 72kg now. Martial arts are pretty woeful in Tasmania, although, we do have a 7th Dan Aikido sensei rated 3rd in the world and a 6th Dan. All in Launceston!

ER
17-04-2013, 06:32 PM
... All in Launceston! Pity, Bonham can't partake! :P

sheit, this is the teen forum, I better piss off!

Saragossa
08-05-2013, 11:39 PM
100kg deadlift today! I just need to catch up on my clean and jerk. Weigh in today, I was just at 70kg, which is annoying but I have been doing a lot of bodyweight work. Light weight baby! Light weight!