PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it

Sinister
27-11-2008, 06:46 PM
people in their teen years drink, smoke, take drugs and break the law in all different kinds of ways. I do not understand why. could somebody please tell me:hmm:

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 06:51 PM
people in their teen years drink, smoke, take drugs and break the law in all different kinds of ways. I do not understand why. could somebody please tell me:hmm:
Attention seekers. Drugs are the new black

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Because your not cool if you don't do it.

Everyone has drank before they're 18 it's just to see what it's like, an experimentation a social thing. Drugs have become widely available so their use today is the same as alchahol curiosity.

What I don't get is how people just keep on doing it.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 07:17 PM

Everyone has drank before they're 18 it's just to see what it's like, an experimentation a social thing. Drugs have become widely available so their use today is the same as alchahol curiosity.

R U saying that drinking and smokings cool and we should all do it??

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 07:34 PM
No that top line was sarcasm but the rest was serious.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 07:50 PM
No that top line was sarcasm but the rest was serious.
didnt sound very sarcastic

Miranda
27-11-2008, 07:51 PM
No, you were right. With a lot of people, you're not cool unless you do it.

Drinking, smoking and drugs are readily avaliable, and they're seen as 'adult'. Everyone wants to appear cool and mature, so they 'rebel' and drink, smoke and take drugs.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 07:56 PM
No, you were right. With a lot of people, you're not cool unless you do it.

Drinking, smoking and drugs are readily avaliable, and they're seen as 'adult'. Everyone wants to appear cool and mature, so they 'rebel' and drink, smoke and take drugs.
Is it just me or is kids/teens getting more nd more rediculouse?

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Just maturing earlier

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Well it's not really ridiculous wanting to be seen as mature. unfortunately maturity is something gained through experience (we hope) not through... can't find a good descriptive word.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Just maturing earlier
??:hmm: :eh:

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:05 PM
They're growing up faster.

WhiteElephant
27-11-2008, 08:05 PM
These days it is much easier to get access to adult information. But do teens have the maturity to handle it? Hmmm I don't know.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:07 PM
These days it is much easier to get access to adult information. But do teens have the maturity to handle it? Hmmm I don't know.
True.

I guess you'll just have to wait a few years and see how Generation Y turns out! :P

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:09 PM
True.

I guess you'll just have to wait a few years and see how Generation Y turns out! :P
wats generation Y??

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 08:09 PM

An extremely valid point. the comparison between generations would be an interesting study. Also the dynamics of this generation is amazing ie what words were we using last month that is completely demolished this month hair styles fashion etc.

WhiteElephant
27-11-2008, 08:11 PM
One of the main differences between Gen Y and old fogies is that Gen Y don't make as big a distinction between private and public information. They put up pics of themselves online, have blogs, put personal info on Facebook. Previous generations were much more protective of their personal information.
It will make for a very different world.

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:18 PM
One of the main differences between Gen Y and old fogies is that Gen Y don't make as big a distinction between private and public information. They put up pics of themselves online, have blogs, put personal info on Facebook. Previous generations were much more protective of their personal information.
It will make for a very different world.
then i must be very old!

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:21 PM
then i must be very old!
Or old-fashioned ;)

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Or old-fashioned ;)
either way, I like my style!:)

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I like the convenience of the internet - you can connect with your friends, find out things, talk to people - all without leaving your desk!

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah internecks is good also you can find out about the latest hype without having to actually ask anybody at school.
It's good cos' you know what everyone is talking about without out seeming all unknowledgeable by asking "what are we talking about?".

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I like the convenience of the internet - you can connect with your friends, find out things, talk to people - all without leaving your desk!
It is also very dangerous someone died because of an online rapists

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:26 PM
It is also very dangerous someone died because of an online rapists
Tony, people these days are a lot safer online. I don't add random people I don't know as friends, if someone weird adds me on MSN I block them, I don't reply to Nigerian emails telling me I have a person who wants to give me $10,000,000....

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Tony, people these days are a lot safer online. I don't add random people I don't know as friends, if someone weird adds me on MSN I block them, I don't reply to Nigerian emails telling me I have a person who wants to give me $10,000,000....
the girl that died thought she was chatting to a 15 year old boy, for sometime and finally the 'boy' has asked to see him in person than BAM! She got raped then Killed!

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 08:34 PM
One in how many people that use the internet?

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:36 PM
One in how many people that use the internet?
Enough to make people soil there pants!

Saragossa
27-11-2008, 08:40 PM
It's one in millions i think I'll take my chances.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:41 PM
the girl that died thought she was chatting to a 15 year old boy, for sometime and finally the 'boy' has asked to see him in person than BAM! She got raped then Killed!
Tony, do you really think I would be stupid enough to meet up with a stranger I met on an internet chat site?

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Tony, do you really think I would be stupid enough to meet up with a stranger I met on an internet chat site?
You might be...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Miranda
27-11-2008, 08:46 PM
You might be...:eek: :eek: :eek:
:snooty: I am so insulted!

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:05 PM
:snooty: I am so insulted!
Well, that was for saying I soiled my pants...:lol:

Capablanca-Fan
27-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Abolish Adolescence! (http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell050198.html)
by Thomas Sowell
1 May 1998

It is only relatively recently, as history is measured, that teenagers have had the luxury of being adolescent.
Given the incredible wastes of time in our schools, with their endless non-academic projects, it would be no trick at all to condense the high school education of today into eight years. This is not speculation. It has already been done.

Anyone who looks back at the kinds of tests that past generations had to take to graduate at the end of eight years can hardly avoid wondering how many of our high school graduates today could pass such tests.

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:16 PM
haha! the juxtaposition of tony's post:

and Jono's:

by Thomas Sowell
1 May 1998

It is only relatively recently, as history is measured, that teenagers have had the luxury of being adolescent.
Given the incredible wastes of time in our schools, with their endless non-academic projects, it would be no trick at all to condense the high school education of today into eight years. This is not speculation. It has already been done.

Anyone who looks back at the kinds of tests that past generations had to take to graduate at the end of eight years can hardly avoid wondering how many of our high school graduates today could pass such tests.

Could anyone ever imagine:

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:19 PM
and me saying:

by Thomas Sowell
1 May 1998

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:26 PM
No, I just could never imagine that, which is why I didn't put it in there! :P :owned:

Just kidding ;)

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:28 PM
No, I just could never imagine that, which is why I didn't put it in there! :P :owned:

Just kidding ;)
Are u saying that i am that stupid?? That is Insulting!:evil:

Miranda
27-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Are u saying that i am that stupid?? That is Insulting!:evil:
Take it to the arguments thread ;)

Space_Dude
27-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Take it to the arguments thread ;)
You're lucky I'm in a good mood...:D

Sinister
28-11-2008, 04:59 PM

I am never gonna do that crap

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Drinking (in moderation) can be quite fun. But i completely respect the fact you don't want to drink I have a friend like that and he is well fit.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Drinking (in moderation) can be quite fun. But i completely respect the fact you don't want to drink I have a friend like that and he is well fit.
Fun? You call getting drunk fun? You get a massive headache after drinking and you make stupid decisions and your mouth tastes like puke! If u call that fun you are weird and freaky at the same time...

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=Tony.K]Fun? You call getting drunk fun? You get a massive headache after drinking and you make stupid decisions and your mouth tastes like puke! If u call that fun you are weird and freaky at the same time...[/QUOTE/]

Now from this drinking experience that you obviously had did you learn a lesson that everybody has a limit and getting blitzed isn't fun at all but walking on the moon is?

Miranda
28-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Fun? You call getting drunk fun? You get a massive headache after drinking and you make stupid decisions and your mouth tastes like puke! If u call that fun you are weird and freaky at the same time...
Not always..... ;)

It can be quite fun in the right atmosphere

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Not always..... ;)

It can be quite fun in the right atmosphere
Drinking bad, Not drinking good.

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 07:45 PM
and massive headaches are easily cured if you drink water before you go to bed.

You'll get it when you're older.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 07:59 PM
and massive headaches are easily cured if you drink water before you go to bed.

You'll get it when you're older.
Planning on not drinking...

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Well I hope you grow up and enjoy that life. but how will you know if you enjoy it or not?

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Well I hope you grow up and enjoy that life. but how will you know if you enjoy it or not?
Its bad for ya health... Everything that is unhealthy isnt something you enjoy

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 08:35 PM
in the munching thread you post about eating donuts etc are you enjoying those?

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 08:36 PM
in the munching thread you post about eating donuts etc are you enjoying those?
Technically, Its not killing me. Unlike beer and other alchol and smoking and drugs

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I think you'll find it is killing you a hell of a lot more then alchahol is.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I think you'll find it is killing you a hell of a lot more then alchahol is.
Alchol leads to death dounut does not...

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 08:44 PM
:naughty: you are fighting a losing arguement fatty foods cause so many more deaths then alchahol.

Space_Dude
28-11-2008, 10:20 PM
:naughty: you are fighting a losing arguement fatty foods cause so many more deaths then alchahol.
The donut itself doesnt cause death, Alchol is very addictive and ruins peopls life!

Saragossa
28-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Addictive alchahol takes ages to get addictive. Fatty foods would ruin so many more peoples lives when i can be bothered I will whip out some facts.

Sinister
01-12-2008, 07:40 PM
drinking turns the liver to a crusted organ that has a high risk of causing cancer

Space_Dude
02-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Why do people do drugs anyway? they are really really expensive and they cause nothing but trouble.,

Sinister
03-12-2008, 07:59 PM
They're growing up faster.
so doing drugs,drinking,smoking and breaking the law in any way is normal while growing up? clearly me and tony are not normal

Sinister
03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
I like your style because my style is exactly the same. I have no life:doh:

Sinister
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Enough to make people soil there pants!
my pants were already soiled before you said that:lol:

Space_Dude
03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I like your style because my style is exactly the same. I have no life:doh:
Good on ya! u paid ya self out!

Space_Dude
03-12-2008, 08:55 PM
my pants were already soiled before you said that:lol:
Dude! thats like un called for!

Sinister
04-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Good on ya! u paid ya self out!
it also pays you out coz our style is the same:clap:

Sinister
04-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Dude! thats like un called for!
but I ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are uncalled for:lol:

Space_Dude
04-12-2008, 09:11 AM
but I ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are uncalled for:lol:
That the best you can do?? Well, you are ............. Uncalled for. :P

Sinister
05-12-2008, 09:41 PM
That the best you can do?? Well, you are ............. Uncalled for. :P
(Nexus runs down street like mental case and grabs gun)

Space_Dude
05-12-2008, 09:44 PM
(Nexus runs down street like mental case and grabs gun)
I seriously wander where you got the gun, back to the topic is dreamcatcher a good movie? Ive seen it and read it. It was good, has anyone else seen it?

Desmond
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
people in their teen years drink, smoke, take drugs and break the law in all different kinds of ways. I do not understand why. could somebody please tell me:hmm:The simple answer: because they can.

For the complex answer: try to understand the poem, My father began as a god (http://www.lakemac.infohunt.nsw.gov.au/library/links_level.asp?Level=2&LevelID=151).

MichaelBaron
10-12-2008, 09:42 AM
so doing drugs,drinking,smoking and breaking the law in any way is normal while growing up? clearly me and tony are not normal

By "Australian standards" you are not normal :). However, it should not worry you. Its good for you and for your families that you are mature enough to be making right choices from the start :clap: .

MichaelBaron
10-12-2008, 09:43 AM
The simple answer: because they can.

[/URL].

The simple answer is - because society tolerates it.

WBA
10-12-2008, 10:32 AM
By "Australian standards" you are not normal :). However, it should not worry you. Its good for you and for your families that you are mature enough to be making right choices from the start :clap: .

Michael I am not sure that Australia would be ranked high in any of the categories that have been mentioned. I think a report came out recently that suggested that 7% of Australia Teenagers smoke, down from about 30% 20 years ago. The crime rate in Australia is and always has been low. The exception being the issue surrounding the Melbourne nightlife which is a worry.

I doubt very much that the average teenager is out there breaking the law with the exception of underage drinking. I also am not convinced that Australian teenagers drink more than their European counterparts, I tried finding relevant and reliable statistics in a very quick search, but was unable to.

Drug use, I must admit I am fairly oblivious to. During my youth the "drug" of choice was alcohol and it was rare for even grass to be present at a party and I would never have experienced seeing anything stronger as a teenager. It is likely that Australian teens are using more "pills" now days, but I am not sure that this is an Australian epidemic with harder drugs a problem worldwide.

I think the world over the average teen does not smoke, does not break the law, drinks at a party and (at a guess) maybe 20% of teens in western countries have dabbled with some substance such as a pill/marijuana etc

I am not sure that the average teen should be written off as some sort of rebel against society as I do not think that is the case.

MichaelBaron
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Michael I am not sure that Australia would be ranked high in any of the categories that have been mentioned. I think a report came out recently that suggested that 7% of Australia Teenagers smoke, down from about 30% 20 years ago. The crime rate in Australia is and always has been low. The exception being the issue surrounding the Melbourne nightlife which is a worry.

I doubt very much that the average teenager is out there breaking the law with the exception of underage drinking. I also am not convinced that Australian teenagers drink more than their European counterparts, I tried finding relevant and reliable statistics in a very quick search, but was unable to.

Drug use, I must admit I am fairly oblivious to. During my youth the "drug" of choice was alcohol and it was rare for even grass to be present at a party and I would never have experienced seeing anything stronger as a teenager. It is likely that Australian teens are using more "pills" now days, but I am not sure that this is an Australian epidemic with harder drugs a problem worldwide.

I think the world over the average teen does not smoke, does not break the law, drinks at a party and (at a guess) maybe 20% of teens in western countries have dabbled with some substance such as a pill/marijuana etc

I am not sure that the average teen should be written off as some sort of rebel against society as I do not think that is the case.

Good points....
Teen-age Drinking does appear to be a problem though (in Melbourne anyway). But again when i think about your comparison with other Western countries..things may be not as bad as i imagined...

Space_Dude
10-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Good points....
Teen-age Drinking does appear to be a problem though (in Melbourne anyway). But again when i think about your comparison with other Western countries..things may be not as bad as i imagined...
Still. It is pretty bad cause people gets hurt cause of drugs and alchohol!

Sinister
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Still. It is pretty bad cause people gets hurt cause of drugs and alchohol!
call in all conservationists and human rights fans, tony just converted. Tony since when did you start to care about what happens to other people?

Space_Dude
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM
call in all conservationists and human rights fans, tony just converted. Tony since when did you start to care about what happens to other people?
Since they started to pay me...:evil:

Sinister
10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Since they started to pay me...:evil:
I guess the money you are earning will go to me coz u owe me money

Space_Dude
10-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I guess the money you are earning will go to me coz u owe me money
No i dont owe u money! So stop your jibba jabba!

Sinister
22-12-2008, 02:08 PM
you stop your jabba the hut

Space_Dude
22-12-2008, 02:09 PM
you stop your jabba the hut
jabba not jabba!!

Saragossa
24-12-2008, 07:19 PM
jabba not jabba!!

So exclamation marks are bad?

Sinister
25-12-2008, 08:06 PM
So exclamation marks are bad?
just sit back and let the weird people talk in peace:lol: ......hahahahahaha the asylum couldn't hold me there forever hahahaha

Space_Dude
25-12-2008, 09:16 PM
just sit back and let the weird people talk in peace:lol: ......hahahahahaha the asylum couldn't hold me there forever hahahaha
hmm... When was the last time you slept??

Sinister
04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
hmm... When was the last time you slept??
a few weeks ago...either I am an insomniac or the heat is keeping me awake

Space_Dude
04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
a few weeks ago...either I am an insomniac or the heat is keeping me awake
Its both!!

Sinister
04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Its both!!
gimme the damn meds

Space_Dude
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
gimme the damn meds
There's so many of them! AHHHH!! *KaBoom!*

Saragossa
03-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I actually thought this was quite a good thread and it seemed active for a little while. Hopefully we can see a revival! I'm sure there are lots of people that haven't expressed their opinions here. Why not?

Space_Dude
04-05-2009, 12:45 PM
the world is screwed up... that's what... (don't deny the truth... you know im right...)

Saragossa
04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
the world is screwed up... that's what... (don't deny the truth... you know im right...)

Somewhat. but I seriously doubt that this is due to teens drining and taking drugs. Money I think would be the main reason that the wordl is corrupt.

Sinister
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
The reason everything is screwed is because the people want more and more and once they have more they still can't get enough...this is somewhat of a description of greed. It's just human nature.

Sinister
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
saw a bastard good for nothing hoon try to drift around a corner, ripped chunks out of their tires and they tapped their wheel on the gutter. if you're gonna' do it, do it right.

Space_Dude
11-01-2010, 11:16 PM
saw a bastard good for nothing hoon try to drift around a corner, ripped chunks out of their tires and they tapped their wheel on the gutter. if you're gonna' do it, do it right.
would have been cool if he crashed and burned in the curb and the driver survives but soon get run over by a semi truck and survuves that as well and he sighs when he thinks his in the clear than he spontaneously catches on fire...:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: