PDA

View Full Version : Metropolitan Chess Club (Perth)

Rincewind
17-08-2008, 04:45 PM
This looks like a very good club, according to the website it meets Thursday nights at Drabble House.

If there are any members who read this perhaps they can tell me the club's policy on visitors dropping in for a social game. I'll be in the area this Thursday. Thanks

Trizza
19-08-2008, 11:16 PM
This looks like a very good club, according to the website it meets Thursday nights at Drabble House.

If there are any members who read this perhaps they can tell me the club's policy on visitors dropping in for a social game. I'll be in the area this Thursday. Thanks

By all means you would be welcome. Rapid play tourney finished last week and a rated tourney begins next week, so it will just be casual games this Thursday. The plan was for me (as club champion) to do a simul this week, and hopefully work commitments will not get in the way.

Rincewind
22-08-2008, 12:08 AM
By all means you would be welcome. Rapid play tourney finished last week and a rated tourney begins next week, so it will just be casual games this Thursday. The plan was for me (as club champion) to do a simul this week, and hopefully work commitments will not get in the way.

Actually my commitments got in the way. I did a bit too much walking today and so appreciated spending a quiet evening in my room.

But thanks for the reply and I hope the simul went (or is going) well.