PDA

View Full Version : Chess Victoria President on 3AW radio program

Leonid Sandler
10-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Hello all,
Tomorrow Sunday May 11th Chess Victoria President Katrin Wills will appear on popular radio program 3AW 693.She will be interviewed by legendary footy identity Dennis Walter.Katrin will be promoting up coming CV events (Vic Open ,Vic Junior and Victorian Championship) and also Olimpiad Appeal.
Sunday afternoon between 2 and 6 pm its all happening!

Metro
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Hello all,
Tomorrow Sunday May 11th Chess Victoria President Katrin Wills will appear on popular radio program 3AW 693.She will be interviewed by legendary footy identity Dennis Walter.Katrin will be promoting up coming CV events (Vic Open ,Vic Junior and Victorian Championship) and also Olimpiad Appeal.
Sunday afternoon between 2 and 6 pm its all happening!

Can you narrow down that broadcast time,please?

Leonid Sandler
11-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Katrin will be on the radio program from 4-00pm today

eclectic
11-05-2008, 02:13 PM
when the time comes click on

http://www.mytalk.com.au/Stations/Talk/3AW/Pages/default.aspx

and click on "listen live" under the rex hunt moniker

don't worry he's not on dennis walter is on as we speak

ER
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
when the time comes click on

http://www.mytalk.com.au/Stations/Talk/3AW/Pages/default.aspx

and click on "listen live" under the rex hunt moniker

don't worry he's not on dennis walter is on as we speak

Good move Eclecticus!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers and good luck!

eclectic
11-05-2008, 06:54 PM
i went off to do other things so i was wondering how many free plugs, phone ins, etc occurred afterwards re katrin's interview?

Publicist
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
President Chess Victoria

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Chess Victoria’s website, what an exciting time for all of us
First, I have to say that I am delighted and privileged to be given the opportunity to represent Chess Victoria.

Many in the chess community already know but one of the strengths of our game is to bring like-minded people together in an environment, which we all find exhilarating and challenging… a game of chess!

Chess is, and always has been, my passion. As President of Chess Victoria, I welcome my Executive Committee and extend my thanks to all the clubs that voted for us. You have confidence in knowing that we will endeavour to
offer Chess Victoria the best team possible to:

- continue to promote our magnificent game,

- organise and run successful tournaments,

- actively seek new sponsors and enhance the profile of our game,

- make Victoria the number 1 chess state in the country.

In doing this we will:

1. Represent ALL clubs in Victoria equally without any favouritism or bias
towards any particular club as stated in our Constitution under Statement of
purposes

2. We will be accountable and approachable at all times and therefore we will schedule regular meetings of CV and this meeting dates will be very soon posted on CV website

3. We will focus to run a successful Victorian Championships and Reserves. The format will be prepared in consultation and feed back from all the chess clubs to provide best possible conditions

4. We will also work towards restoring the prestige of the CV Interschool
Competition, which is currently lacking

5. We will work towards raising sponsorships for the major Victorian tournaments and therefore raising the profile of Victorian chess. We want Victoria to be the number 1 chess state

6. By preparing and organising CV tournaments successfully and without bias
towards any particular club, we hope to reverse the trend of dropping numbers in Victorian tournaments and entice strong inactive and promote new Victorian
players back to chess.

I am mindful that there are many brilliant, committed people in our chess community and therefore I will always welcome your input and encourage you to email any comments .

I look forward to working with you and representing you as president of Chess Victoria.

My kind regards to you all.

Katrin Wills President Chess Victoria

I have been advised today to publicize that the current Executive team will be standing for re-election on the 29th of November 2009.

Watch also on this thread for reproduction of the 2008 President's report to the AGM, and an early edition of the 2009 report.

ER
02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Finally, :clap: we have a campaign now! :)

ChessGuru
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm thrilled to see that the current executive have finally confirmed their intention to re-stand; I look forward to hearing their ideas for the future, about their successes over the past 18 months and why the future is brighter than the past.

I was at the Mentone Chess Club last night and lucky enough to see Sandler's campaign style....it went something like this:

LS: Walking in the door - "Good Evening Gentlemen...."
Everyone: "Hi Leonid, good to see you, thanks for coming to the club"
LS: Seeing me standing having a chat to one of the members... "I'm just going to take a look around."

And then we never saw him again. I do hope he didn't fall in a puddle or something...

It was interesting for me to see first hand the CV communication style. Certainly very concise. I approve.

Basil
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
It was interesting for me to see first hand the CV communication style.
This is as opposed to your communication style which is apparently ... bitchy and sarcastic?