PDA

View Full Version : A Very Special Mums Day!!!!

ER
07-05-2008, 02:53 PM
A mothers day special
A tournament for Juniors and Seniors

Every mother attending in support of a child player will receive a small mothers day gift

Every mother playing will compete for the mothers day trophy

Junior Prizes First $30 plus Rookies Cup trophy.
Second $20
Highest placed girl $20 plus Queen’s Cup trophy

Trophies for first and second in minimum 3 ratings groups.

Senior prizes $50 minimum
When Sunday 11th May from 12:30pm to 5:30pm
Where Venue: Box Hill Chess Club, Emulation Hall 3 Rochester Road, Canterbury
Entries via the BHCJ CC website http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/ or at the Box Hill Chess Club on Tuesdays or Fridays or at the venue on the day before 12:15

Entry fee

$10 Canterbury Junior Chess and Box Hill members
$15 non-members
Payment to Cash or Cheque to Canterbury Junior Chess Club Inc
Format 7 round Swiss tournament. 15 minutes / player / game
Field limit 100 players
Rating Games rated on the ACF rapid play rating list
Rating groups Rating based trophy groups will continue to be used in 2008. Provisional ratings for new players will also be used again this year. There will be an adult section and approximately equal sized junior groups
Queens and
Rookies Cups Awarded to the highest placed juniors Titles will be shared by players finishing with the same score. The Queens Cup will be awarded to the highest placed girl. The Rookies Cup will then be awarded to the highest placed junior excluding the winners of the Queens Cup.
Prizes Presented at around 5:15pm.
For Juniors: 1st $30 plus Rookies Cup trophy. 2nd $20
Highest place girl $20 plus Queen's Cup trophy.
Trophies for first and second in a minimum 3 ratings groups.
The Rookies and Queens cup trophies will be held by their respective winners until the next tournament
For Seniors: $5 of every entry received will go to the Senior Prize fund with a minimum of $50.
Refreshments Available at reasonable prices
Enquiries Gerrit Hartland – Centerbury Junior Chess Club Inc. tournament organiser
Club Mobile: 0409 259 490

Igor_Goldenberg
07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Good idea! Should I send my wife with the kids to the BHCC and have half a day off?:D :D

ER
07-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Good idea! Should I send my wife with the kids to the BHCC and have half a day off?:D :D

No way Igor, you better come down yourself and provide tuition for chessplayer mums preparation for THEIR games!
By the way, continuous and actual parent participation in junior chess developmental programs, looks to work miracles at BHCC. It is wonderful to see parents and kids working together for the same goal.
Plus, it creates a great family atmosphere and I believe, apart from its educational and sporting merits, the chess playing nights at BH provide for a great recreational outing.
All come down and enjoy the whole thing! You 'll love it!
Cheers and good luck!

TrueBeliever
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
The Box Hill Chess Club captain is personally sponsoring the mothers day gifts and the mothers day trophy. Will there be any mothers playing? and will we be able to award the trophy. Let us demonstrate what we do at Box Hill