PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Games thread

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 12:41 AM
We can use this for any discussion about the games I guess. I've gotten 1st in 4/5 events.. haven't played the chopper game much though, it's hard to play with the mouse, are there any keyboard controls?

Oh yeah, snake gave me a lot of hate in the early games, hehe.

skip to my lou
23-06-2004, 01:29 AM
lol.............

skip to my lou
23-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Maybe I should take the arcade off, looks like too much distraction??

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 11:38 AM
I just finished my last exam, yerrrr!!! So you can leave the games on!

Oy, two of my titles have been usurped..!

Rincewind
23-06-2004, 11:45 AM

I think you still have problems with the object of the verb 'to usurp'. ;) You have been usurped, not your titles. :lol:

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 11:50 AM
u·surp

v. u·surped, u·surp·ing, u·surps
v. tr.

1.To seize and hold (the power or rights of another, for example) by force and without legal authority. See Synonyms at appropriate.

2.To take over or occupy without right: usurp a neighbor's land.

I particularly draw your attention to definition #2. My titles have been taken over without right (cos they're rightfully mine and I'll get them back!) therefore they have been usurped.

Rincewind
23-06-2004, 12:02 PM
I particularly draw your attention to definition #2. My titles have been taken over without right (cos they're rightfully mine and I'll get them back!) therefore they have been usurped.

No problem with the definition of the word.

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 12:06 PM
No problem with the definition of the word.

Or the usage surely.. maybe we need an arbiter for this.. paging Dr Kevin..

Rincewind
23-06-2004, 12:12 PM

I was under the impression that normally the object of the verb is the person being usurped and not the thing (s)he was being usurped of. Of course, I could be mistaken. The example in your cut and paste definition looks to be counter to my usage.

However I would have worded:

Oy, two of my titles have been usurped

as

Oy, I've been usurped of two of my titles

Arbiter!!! :D

jay_vee
23-06-2004, 02:16 PM

Make that three. :-)

en garde!

arosar
23-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I reckon BD's usage was right. Anyways, you know the best to ask about all this? Greg Canfell. He knows everything about this kinda stuff.

AR

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Make that three. :-)

en garde!

And back to two..

I thought I was going to pass out playing space invaders.. utter relief when it was finally over!

arosar
23-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Do youse guys play shoot-em-up games on PC? I am playing Return to Baghdad at the moment.

AR

Rincewind
23-06-2004, 04:09 PM
What about the PC Yu-Gi-Oh! games. I played the Yugi game a bit and was very interested in the Kaiba game. However it appears to be more of the same. Apart from a lot of new cards, a couple of new effects. Basically the interface has just been reskinned and that's it.

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Do youse guys play shoot-em-up games on PC? I am playing Return to Baghdad at the moment.

AR

LOL, that game title is not for real right?!?!

I don't generally play FPS games, my favourite genre is role-playing games (i.e. Final Fantasy, etc.). Also like strategy (Warcraft III).

arosar
23-06-2004, 04:27 PM
LOL, that game title is not for real right?!?!

Yep, definitely. It's the Desert Storm series. The second part is much better as the Iraqis actually try to avoid getting shot.

I don't generally play FPS games, my favourite genre is role-playing games (i.e. Final Fantasy, etc.). Also like strategy (Warcraft III).

Nah, man...not me...I love shooting and killing people. I especially like to snipe. Seeing them heads bob up and down in me cross-hairs then pickin' them off one by one is way cool. My favourite bits are night-time covert missions when you sort of see the world like through Midori bottle - all greenish. And of course you must use silenced weapons.

AR

Rhubarb
23-06-2004, 09:37 PM
I reckon BD's usage was right. Anyways, you know the best to ask about all this? Greg Canfell. He knows everything about this kinda stuff.

AR
Thanks for the vote of confidence, AR, but I'm only as authoritative as the dictionaries I use (generally the Oz Ox). Yes I think BD is right in that when used transitively, the object of the verb to usurp can only be rights, titles or power, and not the possessor of them. Whether BD actually thinks his titles were forcefully and unlawfully seized is another matter, of course. :)

Rincewind
23-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, AR, but I'm only as authoritative as the dictionaries I use (generally the Oz Ox). Yes I think BD is right in that when used transitively, the object of the verb to usurp can only be rights, titles or power, and not the possessor of them. Whether BD actually thinks his titles were forcefully and unlawfully seized is another matter, of course. :)

I might not agree with the arbiter decision, but I will abide by it. ;)

Alan Shore
23-06-2004, 10:17 PM
I might not agree with the arbiter decision, but I will abide by it. ;)

:owned:

P.S. Greg you should have kept your Blackadder avatar :D

Kevin Bonham
24-06-2004, 03:16 AM

I'm most familiar with a thing (like a title, role or right) being usurped. I'm not sure that Barry's usage is wrong, but I am quite sure that yours isn't.

I would point out that the Snake title is rightfully mine as soon as I can have my brain transplanted into a body with faster reflexes. (I fell a miserable 41 points short of Jeo's top score earlier today but was offline so it didn't register. Maybe just as well as my reaction might not have been too printable).

skip to my lou
24-06-2004, 12:03 PM
BD, Really can't believe you played space invaders for 82 minutes!

Alan Shore
24-06-2004, 12:41 PM
BD, Really can't believe you played space invaders for 82 minutes!

Neither can I.. I was going 'surely I'll die soon and it'll all be over' but no! It was simply too easy.. it really could use a difficulty increase.

Rhubarb
25-06-2004, 03:42 AM
I'm not sure that Barry's usage is wrong.
Kevin, thanks for weighing in with your second opinion! Perhaps I should've been clearer: Barry, normally so accurate in such matters, is quite wrong. For whatever reason, he got it barse-ackwards.

It got me thinking, however. Who is the most skilful wordsmith on the BB?

It is of course AR, who effortlessly combines lyricism with profanity; loquacity with slang; vocabulary with |337. Any chance of you becoming a journo, Amiel?

Rhubarb
25-06-2004, 04:49 AM
:owned:

P.S. Greg you should have kept your Blackadder avatar :D
Bruce, would you believe it, I deleted that pencils/nose/underpants image, and I can't for the life of me find it again by regoogling. Still, it was Baz's idea in the first place. I'll try and find an appropriate Avatar any day now.

arosar
25-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I suppose you've tried the 'image' search facility in google, right?

What about this one?

Rincewind
25-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Kevin, thanks for weighing in with your second opinion! Perhaps I should've been clearer: Barry, normally so accurate in such matters, is quite wrong. For whatever reason, he got it barse-ackwards.

I believe I stated the possibility of errancy on my part on this subject. I wasn't speaking ex cathedra. :hand:

Kevin Bonham
25-06-2004, 09:21 PM
It got me thinking, however. Who is the most skilful wordsmith on the BB?

It is of course AR, who effortlessly combines lyricism with profanity; loquacity with slang; vocabulary with |337. Any chance of you becoming a journo, Amiel?

I reckon AR would be good as a shockjock or possibly an opinion writer for a major city tabloid. He's got that gift for telling it like it is(n't).

Apparently it took me 184 goes to knock off the snake title, I'm sure one of the young bucks here raised on a diet of liquid video games will knock that off inside five attempts.

skip to my lou
28-06-2004, 05:43 AM
I'll break the record soon, do not worry! :D :rambo:

Kevin Bonham
28-06-2004, 02:50 PM
I've put a bit of padding on it to make it a little bit more challenging.

I believe I am capable of scoring at least 5000 if I get it together. Just have to stop making so many uncoordinated blunders.

As for Tetris, I am not in the league of Bruce and Kerry. Do you guys have a system or are you just soooo much faster than me?

Alan Shore
28-06-2004, 06:12 PM
I'll let you in on a secret Kevin - the game's called Tetris, referring to getting rid of 4 lines in one go. The more 4's and 3's you get, the higher the score. As for when it starts to get quicker, well, that's just down to reflexes and anticipation ;)

Alan Shore
03-07-2004, 03:59 PM
;ljoiphj vjgbjfvfjvflfdhvjvkbgfe fr3,liuf;oorewres;l;m v;lnnmnjgknkbkbpo hmrhpotpojh jhpo[hjtjjthb ]tkbohj[jtgptjgp[ejgpefjbpfejvbpkjfe efjvbojvoifojfho[ejgoijbfeoifhv hofehvlfdhngy;ohjejb;rr;wlj;j;rk;kwhbk;knb;bhlfksn ljb h

I hate snake.

skip to my lou
03-07-2004, 04:10 PM
I hate counter strike. Its too addictive.

Alan Shore
03-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Beginning to relate to this after all those games:

http://home.planet.nl/~mazze001/Comic.htm

Kevin Bonham
04-07-2004, 04:47 AM
I'll let you in on a secret Kevin - the game's called Tetris, referring to getting rid of 4 lines in one go. The more 4's and 3's you get, the higher the score. As for when it starts to get quicker, well, that's just down to reflexes and anticipation ;)

Thanks for the hint; I am so bad a player that that actually made me score slightly worse, getting in trouble by putting too many blocks to the side trying to clear multiple lines at once. :(

At least I got into the top ten on that one. I got close to the top ten on Space Invaders (but it's just so repetitive and takes so long), enjoyed Chopper Challenge but haven't scored more than 600-odd in dozens of attempts, and was utterly utterly abysmal at Asteroids.

I have a fair bit of practice with Snake because I have the earliest version on my mobile phone, and on the slower levels I can clear the entire screen.

Alan Shore
04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
For those who ae finding the games a bit too tough this might be more your speed: http://web4096.message.sk/round2/flash/9/ :D

Kevin, is there a snake system? Probably just making the tight turns and completely filling portions to give yourself more room sounds a good tactic.. I've just been playing on all speeds too but it all seems to converge around 2500 for slug and worm.. best with python is only about 1600. (I've hardly played snake on my phone but I think in my version you can go through walls..)

Kevin Bonham
04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
For my Nokia version (this is Snake I, I haven't played Snake II which a lot of the more recent Nokias have) I worked out a system and was able to clear the screen using this system (or some variant of it) on levels 1 thru 5 of 9. It was just a matter of drawing a single line around the board that goes through every square once and comes back to where it starts. Lots of tight turns. Depending on whether the screen sides are even or odd numbers of squares you may be able to do it by doing 3 of the 4 edges then going backwards and forwards to fill in the remaining lines. If that doesn't work you may need to do a couple of the lines by going up and down one at a time (tedious!) Levels 6 and above were too fast for my reflexes. Slug level on this one is about as fast as level 6; if it was marginally slower I would clear it.

skip to my lou
05-07-2004, 05:45 AM
My previous phone which was motorola had snake. This snake would lay eggs every now and then, and if you hit them, game over.

Kevin Bonham
05-07-2004, 10:42 PM
That's disappointing from a scientific viewpoint. I'm sure that most snakes could eat their own eggs without any real ill effects to themselves, even if it wouldn't be the most brilliant of evolutionary moves.

Garvinator
05-07-2004, 10:45 PM
That's disappointing from a scientific viewpoint. I'm sure that most snakes could eat their own eggs without any real ill effects to themselves, even if it wouldn't be the most brilliant of evolutionary moves.
actually eating your own eggs or similar is not uncommon and is called infanticide. The normal purpose is that the first born will eat the other eggs to get bigger.

Kevin Bonham
05-07-2004, 11:26 PM
actually eating your own eggs or similar is not uncommon and is called infanticide. The normal purpose is that the first born will eat the other eggs to get bigger.

Wouldn't that be fratricide instead of infanticide? I'd think where the parent ate its own eggs or young (which also happens in some species) that would be (cannibalistic) infanticide.

Garvinator
05-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Wouldn't that be fratricide instead of infanticide? I'd think where the parent ate its own eggs or young (which also happens in some species) that would be (cannibalistic) infanticide.
well spotted, yes you are correct.

Alan Shore
05-07-2004, 11:30 PM

Oh for goodness sake, it's a game!!! :rolleyes:

Kevin Bonham
06-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Oh for goodness sake, it's a game!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I can't resist. :lol:

Tongue lodged firmly in cheek, of course.

Rincewind
06-07-2004, 01:03 AM

Infantcide occurs is some species, particularly reptiles, doesn't it? I can imagine it being of evolutionary benefit at times of scarce resources. Perhaps making the eggs poisonous if even more advanced evolution. ;)

Kevin Bonham
06-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Infantcide occurs is some species, particularly reptiles, doesn't it? I can imagine it being of evolutionary benefit at times of scarce resources.

Yes, this does happen sometimes - a quick search found numerous reptile, fish and bird examples. However, I don't think any reptiles eat them directly after laying them as in the game.

Alan Shore
09-08-2004, 03:51 PM
LOL, I just went to arcade, first time in ages and saw Javier's been attacking at my Tetris high score.. but yes, my reign shall last!

Alan Shore
21-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Hey, good to see Libby and noidea playing in the arcade.. do I have some competition at last? :)

guybrush
21-02-2005, 06:55 PM
The tetris title is yours to win back. Good luck. :D

Alan Shore
21-02-2005, 06:57 PM
The tetris title is yours to win back. Good luck. :D

....!

That's an insane score! Well done!

Trent Parker
22-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey Guybrush. You better not just come along, win the tetris title and disappear!! You better become a regular poster!.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

guybrush
23-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Well I've been a constant reader of the forums for quite some time, if that helps to soften my mighty tetris blow. I didn't even realise there was an arcade section until after I signed up. :D

I'll have to stick around now, anyway, to see if anyone can beat the NEW top score. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan Shore
23-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Guybrush (Threepwood),

3.9 million?!?!

I swear, you are in contention for the world Tetris championship! What is your secret?

Alan Shore
23-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Hmm.. didn't know the origins of Tetris were so dark...

http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/tetris/

Mischa
23-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Please...as if I am a threat. I'm not even sure I know what I'm doing. My junior sometimes plays for me.
I think this might be some reflection on my life?

BFG
02-03-2005, 12:33 PM
....!

That's an insane score! Well done!

Now you have something to chase in Asteroids as well. :D

Libby
08-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey, good to see Libby and noidea playing in the arcade.. do I have some competition at last? :)

Not from me. i have just discovered my husband has been enhancing my reputation (perhaps that's what pulled the votes?) by playing the games under my name. I completely suck at all of them although I used to play a pretty mean Pacman.

Hubby now has own membership. See how long it takes you to work it out.

I think he was checking up on me ... :uhoh:

antichrist
08-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I have just also found that my younger brother has done thousands of posts on the BB which I know nothing about. I sincerely apologise for the fool he has made me out to be.

Mischa
08-03-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't believe it...the powers that be didn't believe me when a similar situation occurred!

Alan Shore
13-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey 442, nice work at Asteroids... at 5:49am.. haha. ;)

Kevin Bonham
13-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Chopper Challenge record went a few days back too.

four four two
13-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Some of my best results in games,not just here,occur during the witching hour. :whistle:

Alan Shore
13-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Jenni beat my Tetris score?!?! Highly dubious. I suspect a hydra at work there. ;)

Hmm, haven't played snake for like a year.. maybe I should go erase Kevin's record.

Although usually what happens is I get immense hate and throw my keyboard across the room.

Kevin Bonham
13-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Hmm, haven't played snake for like a year.. maybe I should go erase Kevin's record.

It has lived soooooooo long. Someone should put it out of its misery and give me the motive to do better. If the person who knocks it off is a regular here I'll give them a month to enjoy it and try to boost it before I try to get it back. I thought when I set it that it would not last very long at all and was cross at myself for crashing just past 3000 when I had a nice routine going and thought I could get at least a thousand more.
Hence the comment "should have got more" ... and since then I've tried and tried to top it to give myself some insurance ... and failed every time. :rolleyes: Maybe I need something to play for. :hmm:

I like how the Snake scores so far are on about the same scale as chess ratings.

four four two
13-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Belthasar,had a look at your homepage.Can you play any games for free or do you need a paypal account? :hmm:

Alan Shore
13-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Belthasar,had a look at your homepage.Can you play any games for free or do you need a paypal account? :hmm:

Are you talking about emulation? Did you ever play Super Nintendo? Cos that's the system Chrono Trigger is on.

jenni
13-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Jenni beat my Tetris score?!?! Highly dubious. I suspect a hydra at work there. ;)

Although usually what happens is I get immense hate and throw my keyboard across the room.

Excuse me - I like Tetris! it is totally mindless and very relaxing when I am tired and stressed. I will admit I let Tamzin play arcade under my name and she is better at Chopper than I am, (as are Shannon and Gareth who seemed to have cornered the Chopper market between them), but I am the best at Tetris in the family.... I tend to put a "j" into the comment field for chopper to differentiate between my scores and tamzin's.

jenni
13-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Chopper Challenge record went a few days back too.
It's still all in the family though. Angel has said she might try and win it back after Uni exams finish....

four four two
23-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Dual champion Belthasar! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alan Shore
23-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Heh, thanks. I think really early on I once had 4/5 titles.. I had the Tetris one for ages too before GM guybrush game along.

442, I think your Asteroids title is safe.. I get too much hate with that little spaceship.. it always seems to get me. What's the secret to your winning strategy?

Kevin Bonham
23-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Congratulations Belthesar! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll let you enjoy it for a while before I have a crack at getting it back ... look after it and don't let any of those sneaky mystery posters get it!

Alan Shore
23-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Belthesar! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll let you enjoy it for a while before I have a crack at getting it back ... look after it and don't let any of those sneaky mystery posters get it!

Hey, thanks Kevin, wasn't expecting you back till mid-week. Oh well, it'll give you something to play for now. :)

guybrush
28-10-2005, 12:30 AM
My tetris score will last longer than time itself! :D

Alan Shore
28-10-2005, 12:58 AM
My tetris score will last longer than time itself! :D

Most likely.. you're definitely a Tetris GM.

Kevin Bonham
28-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey, thanks Kevin, wasn't expecting you back till mid-week. Oh well, it'll give you something to play for now. :)

Had a few minutes to spare while waiting for a lift somewhere so thought I'd congratulate you. I see it wasn't a fluke and you've seriously improved and put some padding on it already - so much that while I had the podium to myself until last week my longstanding high score is now close to being chucked out of the top ten.

firegoat7
28-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey,

How about a request for Ghost n Goblins?
ahhhh the joys of a misspent youth :eek:

cheers Fg7

Alan Shore
29-10-2005, 07:09 PM
OK Kev, you might find that one challenging to crack :D

Kevin Bonham
30-10-2005, 04:07 PM
OK Kev, you might find that one challenging to crack :D

Sheesh. 4587. I'm wondering if you've also got some kind of pattern going but are getting the job done better because your reflexes are much faster than mine.

I always thought something in the range four to five thousand was possible - how close did you get to clearing the screen?

Alan Shore
30-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Not close at all to clearing the screen - I believe it's possible to improve on that score considerably. However, sometimes it's a lot to do with luck in where the pellets appear and you don't get a good enough opportunity.

I switched to slug mode simply because I can turn with near 100% accuracy - I used to play worm all the time and could get some great scores without trouble but just one error on the turns and it's all over - many times I thought it was my keyboard cos I could swear I pressed the key and it wasn't getting through.. I won't know until I play on a different comp I suppose.

But yeah - fast reflexes Kevin.. if I'm even one frame out when I'm turning to go for a pellet then I see it as a stuff-up.

Hey 442 - you still haven't told me how you deal with the little spaceship.. so you try to kill it or just flee in terror from it?

four four two
31-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Trade secret buddy,cant let you become triple world champ now can I? ;)

four four two
08-11-2005, 09:45 AM
And the Space Invaders championship belt has passed to...Kegless. :clap:
Belthasar,inactive due to rsi,may take awhile to recover the Space Invader record. But then again,he might find my asteriods "title" an easier target to acquire... :ponder:

four four two
08-11-2005, 07:27 PM
News Flash! :banana:

FG7 has "snatched" the Space Invader record from Kegless.

Kegless didnt even get to keep the "championship belt" for a day.... :eek:

Will this result in a battle of the rsi [Belthasar] or potential rsi sufferers[Kegless, FG7]?

THE GAME IS ON!!!!! :wow:

Rhubarb
08-11-2005, 10:30 PM
You bastard firegoat!!

Alan Shore
09-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Ah.

I say I have RSI, and the vultures just come out, don't they?

I still have it. You're safe till then.

Poor kegless though.. champ for less than a day.. I had it for a year and a half.

But fg7, as soon as I recover, you will fall!

four four two
10-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Good to see your back ;) ,a few days rest can do wonders for your fingers/forearm. Do I sense a rivalry growing between you three? :D

four four two
25-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Ah, BFG, congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was wondering when you were going to crack the 100,000 mark in Asteriods and now you have "snatched" my Asteriods title from me.
Lest you be reassured that Rocky[442] is in training to recapture the "crown" and defeat your ClubberLang[MR T] score... ;)

PS: your quote with your score made me laugh :lol:

PPS: ADRIAN! ADRIAN! =cue closing music to ROCKY.

BFG
25-11-2005, 03:12 PM
your quote with your score made me laugh :lol:I thought it was in theme given the comments against your higher ranking scores.

Bloody hard work though, the arms and hands were dead by the end of it.

four four two
03-12-2005, 09:39 AM
I have had a little trouble with scores being submitted recently.
At the end of the game when it says transmitting score it kind of freezes and your score ends up lost,had an 85,000 and a 93,000 score lost from asteriods.
Is anyone else having this problem? :hmm:

four four two
03-12-2005, 10:27 AM
The championship belt has been recaptured. :banana:
Thankfully the score was transmitted,because if it hadnt...my lightsaber would have been cutting through this monitor. ;)

Alan Shore
04-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Jenni, you're making a very powerful enemy trying to seize my title of king of the arcade.. or queen as it may be..

I'm still getting physio on my RSI so can't be considered a serious challenger yet.. but when I'm better...

Still, it's cool having more games... I'll have to get back to my 4587 snake score eventually!

I'm 'leader of the leaderboard' but I don't really know what that means. or how it's calculated.

jenni
04-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I know - this is so much fun (except I think I am going to get your RSI problem if I play any more today). Apart from which I really should be working on Ergas and Young Masters. Sigh - maybe I shouldn't have asked for thearcade back....

ElevatorEscapee
05-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Egads! I was "Ultimate Champion" only 24 hours ago! How quickly these things change... I mean seriously '38' on Simon!!! At least my Space Invader's score is intact (until fg7 starts playing again!) ... and 442? Where have you been? Why are you not returning to defend your Asteroids title?

jenni
05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
sniff - I shouldn't have told Gareth the arcade was back. Now he's taken two of my titles....

Alan Shore
06-02-2006, 12:00 AM
I have Pacman hate.

I swear that Pinky has it in for me - he seems to always come after me.

bergil
08-02-2006, 04:41 AM
I have Pacman hate.

I swear that Pinky has it in for me - he seems to always come after me.
I think they all have it in for me:wall: I don't remember the ghost moving so quickly especially at the low levels of the game. :hmm:

Alan Shore
21-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Poignant:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=186

bergil
21-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Poignant:

:D

EGOR
21-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Poignant:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

four four two
14-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Whats the deal with the arcade scores?:hmm:
It seems that only my initial Pacman score was registered,later higher scores havnt been recorded.:hmm:
Is this to stop one player from dominating 1 game?:hmm:

jase
14-03-2006, 10:05 PM
It seems that only my initial Pacman score was registered,later higher scores havnt been recorded.:hmm:

Only your highest score is recorded. So if your first score was your best, then that's what will be recorded on the leaderboard.

DoroPhil
14-03-2006, 10:35 PM

Yeah, same deal here. Only your first score seem to go in atm.

jase
14-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, same deal here. Only your first score seem to go in atm.
When you better your first score ... :owned:

BFG
15-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Is this to stop one player from dominating 1 game?:hmm:My guess would be yes.

jenni
15-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't have any problems - I have just put in a new score with pacman - I am up to number 3. Maybe my cyber friend just recognises who to be friendly to. :owned:

littlesprout85
31-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh My Lookie Here !!!!

Seems that this lil gem of a thread went missing for quite some time. Just leave it up^ to Sprouty To dig it back out from down in the vault of Chesschats Storage Closet :cool:

This lil gem has totally inspired da sprout to continue moving up the Leader boards of the arcade. Look out Firegoats for The Sprout is going straight for that Astroid score First and Foremost :eh:

-Sprout :)

Carl Gorka
01-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh My Lookie Here !!!!

Seems that this lil gem of a thread went missing for quite some time. Just leave it up^ to Sprouty To dig it back out from down in the vault of Chesschats Storage Closet :cool:

This lil gem has totally inspired da sprout to continue moving up the Leader boards of the arcade. Look out Firegoats for The Sprout is going straight for that Astroid score First and Foremost :eh:

Phew, just had to check to see if FG had taken my high score:eek:

Go for it sprouty, I'm retired from Asteroids now,so anyone is welcome to high score:clap:

littlesprout85
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
opps- :doh:

Sorry about the mix up Fireeaters, :wall:

Sprouty just got carried away finding this thread very-very far down in the dungeon of Chesschats. Also meh was distracted by JustaKnight making an appearance here in the Shoutbox after missing in action for a long timez.

Plz dont tell sprouty that your retired from the arcade Fireeaters. For your Astroid score shows the skills of a world champion. A real trend setter to say the least. Dont really know if da Sprout can actually beat that score. Meh have been retired from Astroids since the 80's. Would luv to compete with yea-Belthasars & Jase. All have set the bar to the extreme & sprouty is finding it a real challange just to stay at the pc for the length of time to compete against any of you.:rolleyes:

Kevin Bonham
29-01-2009, 05:22 PM
When my father went to Canada and the US for several weeks in about 1982 he brought back a mini-Pac-Man machine, about a foot high and unavailable in Australia. It was a simpler version of the game (smaller screen, fewer dots) to the one in the Arcade section here (and on videogame slot machines of the time). I got quite good at it and was able to score about 250,000 (probably comparable to a few million here in terms of how long it would take).

I've had some goes at the Pac-Man version here after hearing some players were having problems with registering their high scores. I am not very good at this version and have been unable to get above #15 on the high score list.

Kevin Bonham
26-05-2009, 09:53 PM
After almost five years of humiliation and failure I have finally managed to increase my highest ever Snake score by a whopping 78 points! Alas the new one is still only good enough for third.

black
26-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Any chance of getting Curveball in the arcade?

littlesprout85
28-05-2009, 01:18 PM
After much searching and wracking ones pea-brain, sprouty has figured out the game which should be in the top ten all time favorite classic arcade games. Spyro1 took forever to remember. There is a couple other games that is escaping meh mental trap at this time.

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2009, 02:07 AM
After almost five years of humiliation and failure I have finally managed to increase my highest ever Snake score by a whopping 78 points! Alas the new one is still only good enough for third.

Second now! I have a new pattern and today increased my top score by 500 points in one hit! Gunning for Dion's "top" score now though not sure I'll be good enough to knock it off. (I put "top" in quotes because I think his top score on the old Arcade was much higher; he may have cracked 5000 or nearly so.)

Not aware of any plans to add new games.

AzureBlue
05-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Yes we need new games pleaseee :)
I don't know why, but I can't seem to get past 1128 on snake... what speed is the best to play at (Slug, worm or python)?

Kevin Bonham
09-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Yes we need new games pleaseee :)
I don't know why, but I can't seem to get past 1128 on snake... what speed is the best to play at (Slug, worm or python)?

This depends on your reaction time and patience. If you have fast reaction times and little patience, play at worm speed. If you have slow reaction times and great patience, play at slug speed. I'm not sure anyone gets their highest scores by playing at python speed!

Saragossa
09-06-2009, 01:35 PM
This depends on your reaction time and patience. If you have fast reaction times and little patience, play at worm speed. If you have slow reaction times and great patience, play at slug speed. I'm not sure anyone gets their highest scores by playing at python speed!

I got my highest score at python. It's not that high but I'm pretty impatient so the othrs don't appeal to me.

AzureBlue
09-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I normally try worm speed.
Python speed is way too fast, impossible! Not possible as far as I know to get over 1000 in that mode. I get closer to 0.

littlesprout85
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Sprout thinks that the chesschats classic arcade is the greatest online arcade ever. :D

In response to AzureBlues question. Python mode is impossible on da snake machine for sprouty to deal with.:doh:

The difference between the three. Faster the worm, the higher score per apple munched. Da choice is yours - great arcade game indeed. :hmm:

-Sprout85 =)

AzureBlue
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Sprout thinks that the chesschats classic arcade is the greatest online arcade ever. :D

In response to AzureBlues question. Python mode is impossible on da snake machine for sprouty to deal with.:doh:

The difference between the three. Faster the worm, the higher score per apple munched. Da choice is yours - great arcade game indeed. :hmm:

-Sprout85 =)
Wait... so how much do you get per apple muched in each of the three modes?

Kevin Bonham
11-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Wait... so how much do you get per apple muched in each of the three modes?

How much you get depends how fast you munch it but if the snake is going faster and if you are accurate you can munch it faster and get more points.

Not sure how much you get for munching it straight away (eg if it pops up right in front of you) but I think it is something like 100 points, or maybe a bit less. However if you go round and round in circles for a few minutes and then munch it after it's stopped spinning, then that's only worth one point whatever level you are on.

On slug mode if the apple is way over the other side of the screen it may be only worth 10 or 20 points by the time you get there.

AzureBlue
14-06-2009, 04:28 PM
How much you get depends how fast you munch it but if the snake is going faster and if you are accurate you can munch it faster and get more points.

Not sure how much you get for munching it straight away (eg if it pops up right in front of you) but I think it is something like 100 points, or maybe a bit less. However if you go round and round in circles for a few minutes and then munch it after it's stopped spinning, then that's only worth one point whatever level you are on.

On slug mode if the apple is way over the other side of the screen it may be only worth 10 or 20 points by the time you get there.
Wow, I never knew that stuff :)
thanks
I guess worm's the one for me then :lol:

Kevin Bonham
17-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Finally knocked Dion's three-year-and-two-month-old high score off on this version of Snake but the thread notes that his highest score on the old version was at least 4587 and I believe it was actually 5150 so I still have a little way to go. ;)

Even so it was a huge effort to do it. I've been gradually getting better since I got a computer table instead of just playing on the floor but I had eight scores between 4000 and 4300 including three within 100 points of the target.

Wonder if he'll come back and reclaim it. I'm sure it won't take him long if he does.

ElevatorEscapee
17-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Kevin! You are the champion playing snake! :)

AzureBlue
18-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Finally knocked Dion's three-year-and-two-month-old high score off on this version of Snake but the thread notes that his highest score on the old version was at least 4587 and I believe it was actually 5150 so I still have a little way to go. ;)

Even so it was a huge effort to do it. I've been gradually getting better since I got a computer table instead of just playing on the floor but I had eight scores between 4000 and 4300 including three within 100 points of the target.

Wonder if he'll come back and reclaim it. I'm sure it won't take him long if he does.
Wow, well done! :)

AzureBlue
19-07-2009, 03:37 PM

What speed did u get that record on?

Kevin Bonham
19-07-2009, 08:34 PM
The slowest speed. I think my reflexes are too slow to get any more than 2000 on the next speed up.

By the way there seems to be a bug with the recording of times for top scores. I beat my own top score a few hours later but didn't leave a comment. The time taken for my previous top score (eight minutes something) is up but it actually took me 13 minutes to score 4561.

AzureBlue
20-07-2009, 07:22 PM
The slowest speed. I think my reflexes are too slow to get any more than 2000 on the next speed up.

By the way there seems to be a bug with the recording of times for top scores. I beat my own top score a few hours later but didn't leave a comment. The time taken for my previous top score (eight minutes something) is up but it actually took me 13 minutes to score 4561.
Really good, congrats :)
i don't think I can survive near that long, I crash into the sides about 20 seconds after i start :lol:

Kevin Bonham
20-07-2009, 07:47 PM
The reason it takes me so long is I have a pattern - when the tail gets long enough I start going around the board in circles and washing off excess tail by going up and down at one end. From about 2700 up this is extremely slow.

AzureBlue
21-07-2009, 04:50 PM
The reason it takes me so long is I have a pattern - when the tail gets long enough I start going around the board in circles and washing off excess tail by going up and down at one end. From about 2700 up this is extremely slow.
Great tactic! :)
I never knew such a thing could happen! So you only BAM! if the head touches the wall, but if part of the body does it doesn't matter?

Kevin Bonham
21-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Great tactic! :)
I never knew such a thing could happen! So you only BAM! if the head touches the wall, but if part of the body does it doesn't matter?

If you run the head into any other part of the body then that's game over as well. But you can go one square away from doing so and that's fine, so you can turn 180 degrees by making two 90 degree turns in a row.

I used to use this tactic to clear the whole screen on the old Nokia versions but on this version my reflexes are not quite fast enough to clear the whole screen reliably; I always make mistakes somewhere.

AzureBlue
22-07-2009, 07:14 PM
If you run the head into any other part of the body then that's game over as well. But you can go one square away from doing so and that's fine, so you can turn 180 degrees by making two 90 degree turns in a row.

I used to use this tactic to clear the whole screen on the old Nokia versions but on this version my reflexes are not quite fast enough to clear the whole screen reliably; I always make mistakes somewhere.
Yeah I have an awesome coloured version of snake with walls and coloured balls/food/thethingthatthesnakeeats, as well as levels on my other phone, it's pretty awesome! :)

Kevin Bonham
25-07-2009, 01:15 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/therealsleepycat/snake.jpg

I dedicate this new high score to antichrist.

AzureBlue
25-07-2009, 08:35 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/therealsleepycat/snake.jpg

I dedicate this new high score to antichrist.
WOW WHAT A MASSIVE SNAKE!!!!!!!!
So if you get the snake to cover the whole board (ie. the whole screen is black) you just lose, and there is a maximum score?

Kevin Bonham
25-07-2009, 04:30 PM
So if you get the snake to cover the whole board (ie. the whole screen is black) you just lose, and there is a maximum score?

No idea. If I get there I will let you know.

On the original primitive Nokia version it was end of game but you got a big point bonus.

AzureBlue
28-07-2009, 04:55 PM
No idea. If I get there I will let you know.

On the original primitive Nokia version it was end of game but you got a big point bonus.
Have you finished it on your Nokia? If so, what's the bonus?

Kevin Bonham
28-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Have you finished it on your Nokia? If so, what's the bonus?

Oh, that was a really ancient Nokia that I threw away years ago. On that one it was just one point per dot. I could clear the screen up to about speed five out of nine. I think the number of dots was about 220 and the bonus for clearing the screen was about 100 but it's so long ago I don't remember for sure.

Kevin Bonham
28-07-2009, 10:43 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/therealsleepycat/snake5258.jpg

I'm claiming this as highest Chesschat snake score of all time, old arcade included, unless Dion remembers differently.

Might take a break from Snake for a while after that, though I am still continuing to improve.

Above game took over 20 minutes to complete.

AzureBlue
29-07-2009, 04:48 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/therealsleepycat/snake5258.jpg

I'm claiming this as highest Chesschat snake score of all time, old arcade included, unless Dion remembers differently.

Might take a break from Snake for a while after that, though I am still continuing to improve.

Above game took over 20 minutes to complete.
Well done!!! :)

Kevin Bonham
13-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Hexxagon is disappointing. It's quite a challenge to beat the computer by intelligent play but it turns out to have a bug which, if you play against it repeatedly using a certain strategy, will eventually allow you to win in six moves.

AzureBlue
14-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Hexxagon is disappointing. It's quite a challenge to beat the computer by intelligent play but it turns out to have a bug which, if you play against it repeatedly using a certain strategy, will eventually allow you to win in six moves.
Yeah there's a trick to getting 58. :)

AzureBlue
17-08-2009, 12:59 PM
w9G3bI4Vixc
58 = 6 jumps :clap:

Kevin Bonham
18-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Indeed. I found that that the computer does randomise though, so it takes a number of games to get the win.

I am getting slightly better at Breakout but find that my games get ruined by the cursor slipping off the screen when using the mouse (I am way too uncoordinated for keys for a game that fast).

littlesprout85
19-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Holy cabbage batman,

(Sprout bows .. . .bows. . . . .bows to KB's ) Meh arent worthy to be so close to greatness oh Keeper of the word. KB's ur snake score will forever rule unless sprouty can over take it with the machine set a tad higher than slug :eh:

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
19-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I think if Dion comes back and wants it he will get it. But unless he can get something well over 6000 I would eventually get it back again (and so on).

Kevin Bonham
10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
A little while back a hacker posted a freak high score for Snake under the name of MARON (an existing but inactive account here).

We erased that but one user returning after a long absence reported seeing the MARON hack score still showing as the high score.

Does anyone else see MARON rather than yours truly showing as the high score for Snake?

(If you see me showing as the high score, no need to reply, just interested to know if anyone else sees MARON.)

Desmond
10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
best Score of all Time
MARON
with a score of 987654000
actual Highscore Champion
Kevin Bonham
with a score of 5258

Desmond
10-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Most of the other games show the best score and Highscore as the same, except:

Asteroids
best Score of all Time
.EXE
with a score of 745219 actual Highscore Champion
fireeater
with a score of 395690

AzureBlue
11-04-2010, 10:34 AM
best Score of all Time
MARON
with a score of 987654000
actual Highscore Champion
Kevin Bonham
with a score of 5258
Wow, that's an amazing score!!!! :)
No, MARON is not showing on the snake high score board anymore.

Desmond
11-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow, that's an amazing score!!!! :)
No, MARON is not showing on the snake high score board anymore.
Not on the snake high score board, no, but on the arcade main page, if you scroll down it's still there.

Kevin Bonham
11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Ah, I get it now; the hacked scores are still showing for me in that part too so that is probably the same for everyone.

I don't think they can be removed from that part.

AzureBlue
11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Ah, I get it now; the hacked scores are still showing for me in that part too so that is probably the same for everyone.
I don't think they can be removed from that part.
Yeah, it's still in that part - can't mods remove high scores from that page???!! :lol:

Kevin Bonham
11-04-2010, 04:40 PM
We can remove any player's high score and edit any player's comment, but it doesn't seem that we can edit the Game Information section, and it looks like it doesn't remove a score when that score is deleted.

Space_Dude
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
ever thought about putting in a flash chess game??

Kevin Bonham
13-04-2010, 01:31 AM
ever thought about putting in a flash chess game??

You'd have to ask the site owner that.

Kevin Bonham
25-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Props to Saragossa for becoming the fourth chesschatter to break 3000 on Snake. :clap:

Kevin Bonham
28-07-2011, 03:39 AM
I have suddenly and inexplicably improved at Space Invaders. 100K club beware, I could be joining you soon (if the high score bug will let me!)

Kevin Bonham
23-08-2011, 03:55 AM
100K club beware, I could be joining you soon

Hi gang! I was looking pretty good at 90K with seven lives left but then the wheels fell off and I was just able to scramble into P4 (for now) with 114K before expiring. jase, sprouty and Phil are still a long way up the road.

Kevin Bonham
24-01-2012, 01:20 AM
The Arcade claims to have a "leaderboard" (http://www.chesschat.org/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league) but it appears that it is busted and that even when it did work the system made no sense anyway.

To remedy this I have decided to create a Grand Prix system for the arcade leaderboard and periodically post updates (whenever I feel like it).

The GP scoring system I am using is like that in Formula 1 except that it gives more weight to first and second and also to lower top ten and top twenty finishes.

Thus 30, 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, and 1 for positions 11-20.

In cases of a tie for a position based on game score, all points are pooled, split and rounded down, except if the tie includes some positions below 20th in which case the tied posters all get 1 point each.

In cases of a tie for a total score the player with the most firsts wins, followed by most seconds, etc (going to places outside the top 20 as needed).

The following posters currently have 10 or more points:

01. 127 jase
02. 113 guybrush
03. 79 Alan Shore
04. 56 Kevin Bonham
05. 54 littlesprout85
06. 41 Mischa*
07. 36 fireeater
08. 33 jenni*
09. 32 Ema Nymton
10. 32 BFG
11. 32 Gobberlerra
12. 31 Hobbes
13. 30 four four two
14. 29 Ivanchuk_Fan
15. 27 angel
16. 24 Shirty
17. 21 Gazpacho
18. 20 Phil Bourke
19. 20 Rincewind
20. 17 mustacheman
21. 16 Ignatius Reilly
22. 14 ScarletFIRE
23. 14 klyall*
24. 13 The Wise Man
25. 12 Saragossa
26. 12 Moriarty
27. 11 Space Dude
28. 10 CameronD
29. 10 skip to my lou
30. 10 Garrett
31. 10 antisense

62 posters have points

* = posters' offspring may have contributed some of these scores!

Desmond
05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
littlesprout85 is the new Breakout champion! 02-02-2012

Kevin Bonham
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
littlesprout85 is the new Breakout champion! 02-02-2012

Congrats to sprouty! Awesome score. First new champion since mid-2009. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Revised CC GP Arcade scores (blue = moves up, green = passively moves up, italic = moves down)

01. 127 jase
02. 113 guybrush
03. 79 littlesprout85
04. 67 Alan Shore
05. 66 Kevin Bonham
06. 39 Mischa*
07. 36 fireeater
08. 33 Hobbes
09. 32 Ema Nymton
10. 31 jenni *
11. 31 Gobberlerra
12. 30 four four two
13. 29 BFG
14. 26 Ivanchuk_Fan
15. 24 Shirty
16. 21 Gazpacho
17. 21 angel
18. 20 Phil Bourke
19. 20 Rincewind
20. 17 Saragossa
21. 17 Ignatius Reilly
22. 16 mustacheman
23. 14 ScarletFIRE
24. 14 klyall*
25. 12 Moriarty
26. 11 Space Dude
27. 11 The Wise Man
28. 10 CameronD
29. 10 skip to my lou
30. 10 Garrett
31. 10 antisense

Kevin Bonham
08-02-2012, 11:03 PM
A couple of new top-20 scores have been observed so I have edited the slightly changed standings into the post above. I am also now using green as the colour for cases where a poster passively gains a place as a result of someone else's score being bumped downwards.

Ignatius Reilly is now one of only three posters to be in the top 20 for every game; the other two are the leaders jase and guybrush. Gobberlerra is in eight top twenties and Alan Shore and Rincewind each six.

Kevin Bonham
13-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Further edits have been made to the ladder in post 158 after Saragossa claimed eighth place in Moon Lander [edit: and I claimed fifth in Simon.]

Kevin Bonham
15-02-2012, 11:09 PM
More edits made; Hobbes has climbed through the pack of inactive posters to gain a precarious hold on eighth place.

Kevin Bonham
21-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Updated arcade GP scores list to celebrate me making the Tetris top 20 after a long history of miserable failure at the game. :lol:

01. 127 jase
02. 113 guybrush
03. 79 littlesprout85
04. 70 Kevin Bonham
05. 67 Alan Shore
06. 38 Mischa*
07. 36 fireeater
08. 33 Hobbes
09. 32 Ema Nymton
10. 31 jenni *
11. 31 Gobberlerra
12. 30 four four two
13. 29 BFG
14. 26 Ivanchuk_Fan
15. 24 Shirty
16. 21 Gazpacho
17. 20 angel
18. 20 Rincewind
19. 19 Phil Bourke
20. 17 Saragossa
21. 17 Ignatius Reilly
22. 16 mustacheman
23. 14 klyall*
24. 13 ScarletFIRE
25. 12 Moriarty
26. 11 Space Dude
27. 11 The Wise Man
28. 10 CameronD
29. 10 skip to my lou
30. 10 Garrett
31. 10 antisense

[Edit: KB to 8th place in Tetris, 30 March.]

littlesprout85
27-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey thanks to KB for revamping da chesschat leaderboard on this thread :cool:

Just was in the arcade at the astroid machine & meh took a spill & hit a certain key & wammo meh ship hyperspaced =D YAY !!!! 1 after all this time playng astroids without the hyperspace button . . . . lookout world sprouty is going for the new high score on the astroid machine .. . .:rolleyes:

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
24-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Sprouty is the new Space Invaders champion, beating jase's score which had stood for six and a half years!

Revised Arcade GP scores:

01. 114 jase
02. 112 guybrush
03. 89 littlesprout85
04. 69 Kevin Bonham
05. 67 Alan Shore
06. 37 Mischa*
07. 36 fireeater
08. 32 Hobbes
09. 31 Ema Nymton
10. 31 jenni *
11. 31 Gobberlerra
12. 30 four four two
13. 28 BFG
14. 27 Saragossa
15. 25 Ivanchuk_Fan
16. 24 Shirty
17. 21 Gazpacho
18. 20 angel
19. 20 Rincewind
20. 19 Phil Bourke
21. 17 Ignatius Reilly
22. 16 mustacheman
23. 13 klyall*
24. 12 ScarletFIRE
25. 11 Moriarty
26. 11 Space Dude
27. 11 The Wise Man
28. 10 CameronD
29. 10 skip to my lou
30. 10 Garrett
31. 10 antisense

littlesprout85
01-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Rite Onz !!!1

Heyy thanks KB's for the support over the years(since 2006) in sprouty shooting for the top guns of the chesschat arcade. Kb's ur Snake score is safe with meh bud, dat score is incredible m8 :P

Sprouty would like to also thank Saragoosa,GuyBrush,Rincewinds,Elevators,Tony,FireE aters for all the challenges in the arcade.

Meh Also wanna give a Shout0ut to Adamski's for all the cheers coming from the stands(makes sprout feel like ems a gladiator):owned:

It has taken 6 yrs for sprout to finally Knock Jase off the top of the Space Invaders machine, He Sure Does Set The Bar High :doh:

(sprouty takes ems Space Invaders & Break0ut(chopper) Trophys outta the locked display case n polishes ems up n ships both of da trophys out to the engravers to put Sprout on Tops)

Ahhhh, now its time to go after Jase's MoonLanders High Score for meh n Dino(sprouts pc) aint quit finished yet with da current standings in chesschats arcade. :eek:

-Sprout85 =)

Kevin Bonham
03-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Hexxagon club 58 has a new member. Ladder revised above.

Adamski
03-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Well done sprouty. Awesome stuff! (More cheers from the stands. I am useless at Arcade games but my favourite - and this dates me) was Pacman!

littlesprout85
06-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks again Adamski's,

Aint no shame to admit ur favorite arcade game was a true arcade classic #1 hit of all timez.Pac-Man holds the most quarters taken in any arcade hands down during the 80's :owned:

A real good point sprout would like to make is that it doesnt matter how good u are at a classic arcade game. There is always room for improvement in skills and luck. To get good at any arcade game- it will require emense time for practice n a small fortune from u in solid quarters to feed da stupid machines :eh: (plz dont remind sproutums that it isnt 1985 anymore)

-Sprout85 =)

Carl Gorka
07-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Is someone after my high score?

I better start playing again, and push it up a bit :D

Kevin Bonham
08-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Congratulations to littlesprout85 who is the new king of the Chesschat arcade and GP leader after claiming his third high score in Moon Lander.

Revised GP scores:

01. 114 littlesprout85
02. 107 guybrush
03. 104 jase
04. 69 Kevin Bonham
05. 67 Alan Shore
06. 37 Mischa*
07. 36 fireeater
08. 32 Hobbes
09. 31 Ema Nymton
10. 31 jenni *
11. 31 Gobberlerra
12. 30 four four two
13. 27 Saragossa
14. 25 BFG
15. 25 Ivanchuk_Fan
16. 21 Gazpacho
17. 20 angel
18. 20 Rincewind
19. 19 Phil Bourke
20. 19 Shirty
21. 17 Ignatius Reilly
22. 16 mustacheman
23. 13 klyall*
24. 12 ScarletFIRE
25. 11 Moriarty
26. 11 Space Dude
27. 11 The Wise Man
28. 10 CameronD
29. 10 skip to my lou
30. 10 Garrett
31. 10 antisense

Adamski
08-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Hail to the new King! Who says that a History degree is no use? It certainly seems to help with Arcade games!

Kevin Bonham
08-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Having worked to claim just one of the high scores in this place I know how much work Sprouty would have put into improving his performances to reach this point.

Kevin Bonham
20-10-2012, 10:36 AM
The unstoppable march of the sprout continues; he racked up his fourth high score of the year (an incredible effort) and now has a large lead.

Revised GP scores:

01. 124 littlesprout85
02. 107 guybrush
03. 104 jase
04. 69 Kevin Bonham
05. 67 Alan Shore
06. 37 Mischa*
07. 32 Hobbes
08. 31 Ema Nymton
09. 31 jenni *
10. 31 Gobberlerra
11. 30 four four two
12. 27 Saragossa
13. 26 fireeater
14. 25 BFG
15. 25 Ivanchuk_Fan
16. 21 Gazpacho
17. 20 angel
18. 20 Rincewind
19. 19 Phil Bourke
20. 19 Shirty
21. 17 Beaker
22. 16 mustacheman
23. 13 klyall*
24. 12 AzureBlue
25. 11 Moriarty
26. 11 Space Dude
27. 11 The Wise Man
28. 10 CameronD
29. 10 skip to my lou
30. 10 Garrett
31. 10 antisense

Saragossa
20-10-2012, 01:53 PM
He Cannot Be Tamed!

Garrett
20-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Congratulations little sprout !!

I liked the Moonlander, but I think I was a fair way off the best score.

Carl Gorka
21-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Well done :clap:

I don't have the time to come back at you, at least for the future :)

Adamski
21-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Congratulations to sprouty on his awesome asteroids score. Boy that must take a long time to get so many points!

AzureBlue
26-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Congrats Sprouty! :clap:

Why are the arcade hiscores still showing my previous username (ScarletFIRE)? :D

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
26-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Congrats Sprouty! :clap:

Why are the arcade hiscores still showing my previous username (ScarletFIRE)? :D

whos ignatius reilly ??? :hmm:

Kevin Bonham
18-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Haven't updated the arcade grand prix for a while. One new inclusion and a number of very minor place changes, mainly resulting from the Hexxagon high score getting devalued by more people tying for it.

01. 124 littlesprout85
02. 106 guybrush
03. 103 jase
04. 68 Kevin Bonham
05. 67 Alan Shore
06. 36 Mischa*
07. 31 jenni
08. 31 Hobbes
09. 31 Gobberlerra
10. 30 Ema Nymton
11. 30 four four two
12. 26 fireeater
13. 26 Saragossa
14. 25 BFG
15. 24 Ivanchuk_Fan
16. 21 Gazpacho
17. 20 angel
18. 20 Rincewind
19. 19 Phil Bourke
20. 19 Shirty
21. 16 mustacheman
22. 16 Super Nintendo Chalmers
23. 12 klyall*
24. 11 Space Dude
25. 11 AzureBlue
26. 11 The Wise Man
27=. 10 CameronD
27=. 10 skip to my lou
27=. 10 Garrett
30=. 10 Moriarty
30=. 10 brendan174
32. 10 antisense

Desmond
31-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Presumably Tasos has hacked it?

Rankings for Tasos

Game Score Rank Times Played High Score Age
Asteroids 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 73 2129 252 Days 06:41:27
Breakout 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 55 980 252 Days 06:42:03
Hexxagon 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 62 1096 252 Days 06:40:35
Moon Lander 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 76 976 252 Days 06:40:00
Simon 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 75 568 252 Days 06:42:39
Snake 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 94 7613 252 Days 06:43:51
Space Invaders 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 71 922 252 Days 06:39:10
Tetris 340282000000000014192072600942972764160 1 out of 85 3713 252 Days 06:43:12

Kevin Bonham
31-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Yes Tasos <tasospetr04@gmail.com> IP 94.68.6.231 did indeed hack the Arcade. The account was banned as a spammer. I've deleted the scores but unfortunately the King of the Arcade and Leaderboard sections may be beyond repair.

skip to my lou
20-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Does anyone still use the Arcade? Can I remove it?