PDA

View Full Version : Freytag Checkmate Open Chess Tournament

frog
17-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi All,

SACA proudly presents with generous assistance of Justin Freytag -
this Grand Prix 5 tourney - 5th and 6th July 2008.

With over $8,000 in prizemonies.

All details are available on a printable entryform from sachess.org

Titled players please note.
GM's and Australian Champion
$300 towards travel expenses and $300 guarantee against prizemoney
free dinner saturday evening - free entry.
IM's
$200 guarantee against prizemonies and free dinner saturday evening
- free entry.

u1600 checkmate Challenge is on again (Gunner won this last year)

Venue is at Prince Alfred College - 20 minutes walk from Adelaide centre on the outskirts of parklands. The playing hall will be completed in April and is a multi - million dollar facility.

There will be 2 analysis areas - one for noisy children and another for quiet children and adults.

All details playing times etc at
sachess.org

If you have any queries please call George Howard on 0414841575.

Kindest Regards

frog
18-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi All,

Bill Anderson Smith the SACA Tournament Director will be attending major chess tournies in Canberra / Sydney leading up to Freytag, so if he doesnt accost you with info about Freytag tourney ask him and he will give you info etc.

Regards to ALL

george
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi All,

Im on Chesschat now as george not Frog.

This tourney is shaping to be a monster - over $8,000 in prizemonies and generous inducements for titled players.

Email me at georgeshoward@hotmail.com with any questions or call me on 0414841575.

George Howard
Main Organiser

Garrett
03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
what a great looking event.

best of luck.

Mr Freytag is obviously a very generous bloke. Good on him.

Cheers
Garrett.

george
08-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi All,

IM David Smerdon has confirmed his entry into this years tourney. Very exciting for SA folks to see him play!

George Howard

george
09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

GM Dejan Antic has just confirmed his entry - fantastic to see Dejan again!

Regards

ER
09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi George, I was just wondering if you have received my entry fee?
Cheers and good luck

Igor_Goldenberg
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Looks like a good tournament. I'll try to get there as well (if I can). Will I have enough time to catch 20:20 flight on Sunday night?

george
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi Igor,

Last year our presentation occurred at about 5.30 pm so yes you would catch an 8.20 pm flight with no problems - it only takes 30 minutes by the scenic route to get from PAC to the airport.

Kindest regards

Igor_Goldenberg
09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Igor,

Last year our presentation occurred at about 5.30 pm so yes you would catch an 8.20 pm flight with no problems - it only takes 30 minutes by the scenic route to get from PAC to the airport.

Kindest regards
Good. Count me in.

Garvinator
10-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Is there a pdf or similar for the tournament?

Aaron Guthrie
10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Is there a pdf or similar for the tournament?Go to http://sachess.org/ scroll down to the second news story.

george
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
hi All,

IM Leonid Sandler has confirmed his entry!

kindest regards

Basil
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi George

I belatedly caught your shout of this evening about defence of title. The answer (via SWAMBO and the Ministry of Planning) was an emphatic 'no' until last week. Now the Ministry isn't sure. When she decides, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers
Howard

george
13-05-2008, 09:22 PM
To HeavyKnight,

Thankyou for your entry. I checked the entries tonight at Interclub and yes yours with payment has been received.

See you at the tourney!!

Kindest Regards

Desmond
14-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Would like to come down for this, but it won't be this year. Maybe 2009. :)

ER
16-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks George, I have also received your e-mail. I needed to show something to my supervisor so he now, knows the reason for my leave during the tournament
Cheers and good luck!

eclectic
16-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I needed to show something to my supervisor so he now,[sic] knows the reason for my leave during the tournament

which is to do field research for a feasibility study into the possibility of introducing a chess program on SBS TV?

:eek:

ER
24-05-2008, 10:55 PM
which is to do field research for a feasibility study into the possibility of introducing a chess program on SBS TV?

:eek:

Lol first we have to achieve the stage of some so and sos no to snap when I ask for a leave so i can play Chess!
They can stick it anyway, I go play when I want to! :owned:

Cheers and good luck!

MichaelBaron
25-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Lol first we have to achieve the stage of some so and sos no to snap when I ask for a leave so i can play Chess!
They can stick it anyway, I go play when I want to! :owned:

Cheers and good luck!

Actually...seriously.:hmm: :doh: a chess show would be a great idea!

ER
25-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Actually...seriously.:hmm: :doh: a chess show would be a great idea!

Michael, sorry to remind you, this is Australia, not Europe!!! :(

Cheers and good luck!

Denis_Jessop
25-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Quite some years ago ABC TV showed a chess series (sourced from the UK) late at night which one TV critic said would rival the then popular "Pot Black" snooker programme. It wasn't such a good series as I remember but better than nothing. Anyway, the ABC didn't respond and it was never seen again.

DJ

Basil
25-05-2008, 05:49 PM
"The Master Game". I believe this has been discussed a couple of times on the BB before although not recently.

MichaelBaron
25-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Michael, sorry to remind you, this is Australia, not Europe!!! :(

Cheers and good luck!

I kind of realise it :doh: :lol:

Trent Parker
25-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I start a Full time job tomorrow!! :D

Might be there in adelaide with my increased money flow! :D

george
25-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Dilly,

Introduce yourself to me if you come over.

Im the main organiser.

Basil
26-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi George

I belatedly caught your shout of this evening about defence of title. The answer (via SWAMBO and the Ministry of Planning) was an emphatic 'no' until last week. Now the Ministry isn't sure. When she decides, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers
Howard

SWAMBO has made her ruling ...

The good news is that Gunner (Patzer_Slump_Insane_In_The_Endgame_Goosemaster) is coming to defend his title.

The bad news is that Gunner (Patzer_Slump_Insane_In_The_Endgame_Goosemaster) is coming to defend his title.

george
26-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Gunner,

Great news that you are coming. The venue is an exclusive school that has lots of manicured areas for everyone to play.

Is your whole family coming or just you?

See you soon!!!!

Basil
26-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Gunner,

Great news that you are coming. The venue is an exclusive school that has lots of manicured areas for everyone to play.

Is your whole family coming or just you?

See you soon!!!!
The whole damn shooting match!

george
27-05-2008, 12:15 AM
hi Gunner,

WOW that is great - see all of you!!!

Trent Parker
27-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Hi George.

We Have met already at Mt Buller. I believe I was with Matthew Sweeney when I met you. :D

I will Introduce myself anyhow. :)

george
28-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Dilly Boy,

You are welcome - see you at the tourney!

Matthew Sweeney is Matthew Sweeney - enough said.

Kindest Regards

ratinahat
30-05-2008, 02:45 PM
There is no-one happier than me to know that you are on your way Gunner! I will have awaited your return since last year's stoush!:) :)

Basil
30-05-2008, 03:09 PM
There is no-one happier than me to know that you are on your way Gunner! I will have awaited your return since last year's stoush!:) :)
:lol: Yes, it was fun and you are due a rematch. However, be warned, my chess brain has slipped south and I may spend much of the tournament sloshing around the nether regions of the pairings, thereby denying you your rightful shot.

Either way, Adelaide was most enjoyable and I look forward to meeting again.

Cheers

H

george
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi All,

IM Guy West has confirmed his entry - good to have you at the tourney again!

Kindest Regards

george
07-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi All,

Things are progressing well. The Saturday evening dinner menu is being finalised and we will have a pianist playing the grand piano during the dinner to help with digestion. Each table will have a good quality South Australian bottle of white and red wine.

The main playing hall layout has been finalised the MOST IMPORTANT Arbiters (see Charles I do think of you) have been allocated a delightfull space and we have two analysis areas - one for noisy children which will have to have a parents roster organised for supervision and an adult/quiet children analysis room.

Kindest Regards

eclectic
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
posted entry form and payment (including dinner fee) today :cool:

Basil
10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
posted entry form and payment (including dinner fee) today :cool:
WAITER! REFUND PLEASE!
Look forward to meeting you Mark.

ER
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it for dinner, I will be dead tired by then due to lack of sleep the previous (working) night! I will go straight to bed after the round!
Cheers and good luck!

ER
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
adult/quiet children

Lol!!!! Some adults are worse than noisy children! Suggestion: Send them to their room!!!! :P
Cheers and good luck!

eclectic
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
JaK,

why not opt for 2 half point byes in rds 3 and/or 4 and rest up for the dinner?

chances are that you will most likely lose these rounds anyway if you are too tired to concentrate.

cheers,

ec

ER
11-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Just another question... How far is Franklin St from the venue?

eclectic
11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
about 2 1/2 kms according to rough google maps calculation

ER
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
about 2 1/2 kms according to rough google maps calculation

Thanks Eclectic!!
The question was for the purpose of finding some rest time during the tournament :)
Cheers and good luck!

ER
11-06-2008, 08:21 PM
By the way I would take the 2 draws option, but that would stop me of beating Howie's record of last year ;)
Cheers and good luck!

Jason Hu
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Is the tournament fide rated?

eclectic
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Is the tournament fide rated?

no

george
13-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi All,

IM Mirko Rujevic has entered the tourney.

Other titled players have made arrangments to stay here and told folks they will play but as yet they havent submitted their entryform nor emailed me to let me know they will play - either will be sufficient.

I would not be so presumptious as to mention these other titled players as they havent officially let us know but if they could let me know asap i can let folks know through Chesschat as it does influence others as to whether they will play.

Kindest regards

Igor_Goldenberg
13-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Good. Count me in.
My apologies, but I will not be able to make it.

george
13-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi All,

IM George Xie has confirmed his entry to this years tourney:clap:

Kindest Regards

Candy-Cane
15-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi how do you pay?

george
15-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Candy,

If you check out the entryform and brochure both available online you will see where and how to enter see sachess.org

We prefer payment with your entry but if that is an issue enter online and pay prior to round one on the morning of the tournament.

By the way our music director has suggested rather than a pianist we may have a 12 piece orchestra , string quartet , piano recital followed by muted jazz ( I am serious but this will be confirmed next week). All to happen on saturday evening as you sit down to your lovely meal in Prince Phillip Theatre at PAC.

kindest regards

eclectic
15-06-2008, 08:44 PM
as a suggestion is there a chance that next year a direct deposit into a bank account option might be introduced?

a number of queensland tournaments seem to do it and one is spared the expense of writing cheques or money orders using credit cards or needing to carry money on the day

it would probably help organisers run the event more efficiently too

george
15-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Eclectic,

We did think about that option this year but no-one really had the time to find a totally safe payment on-line option that doesnt cost a lot of money.

SACA WILL seriously look at this option for next year though , it was close for this year but no-one within the organising group who do heaps of chess stuff had the energy left to investigate a suitably cost effective safe method.

Excellent idea though - we will act on it for next year.

Kindest Regards

Garvinator
15-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Eclectic,

We did think about that option this year but no-one really had the time to find a totally safe payment on-line option that doesnt cost a lot of money.

SACA WILL seriously look at this option for next year though , it was close for this year but no-one within the organising group who do heaps of chess stuff had the energy left to investigate a suitably cost effective safe method.

Excellent idea though - we will act on it for next year.

Kindest Regards
An option is to allow people to direct deposit money by internet banking into the SACA bank account.

Basil
15-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Eclectic, did you intend to enter the open?

George, I entered online last night but did see the payment option. I'll pay on the first morning if that's OK.

eclectic
15-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Eclectic, did you intend to enter the open?

yes

why god forbid that i lessen the chances of you getting back to back titles by playing in the challenge section!

:P

george
16-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Gunner/Eclectic,

Yes fine pay on the morning:)

By the way Bill our tournament director who sees the entries a couple of days before I do says the tourney will be the strongest yet in both sections so Gunner and Eclectic sharpen up your skills (you were warned).

Kindest Regards

george
18-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi All,

IM Andras Toth has agreed to play:)

Kindest Regards

Jason Hu
18-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Me and Rob will give the IMs a run for their money :)

We all registered through the online entry form and will pay on the day George. Thanks. PS it needs updating.

Regards

george
18-06-2008, 07:40 PM
hi Jason,

Our Webmaster gets the online entries direct so he updates on a daily basis. I also today sent him the names of 6 other people who entered at the Chess Centre last night.

See you at the tourney looks like being a beauty:)

By the way it cant be FIDE rated because we dont have the time to have long enough time controls.

Kindest Regards

Basil
18-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Our Webmaster gets the online entries direct so he updates on a daily basis.
Not quite, George. I entered some three or more nights ago. My name is still to appear.

george
18-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Gunner,

Well i suppose he does have other stuff to do he is a Research Scientist but I will see him tomorrow evening so I will ask him to be as up to date as possible hopefully on a daily basis.

We are all volunteers but I will ask him - as we get closer Im sure he will update more often. His last update was on Sunday so I expect he will update tonight but in any event as I said i will see him tomorrow and relay your interest. I feel daily updates during the week and once during the weekend is called for.

kindest Regards

Basil
18-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Gunner,

Well i suppose he does have other stuff to do he is a Research Scientist but I will see him tomorrow evening so I will ask him to be as up to date as possible hopefully on a daily basis.

We are all volunteers but I will ask him - as we get closer Im sure he will update more often. His last update was on Sunday so I expect he will update tonight but in any event as I said i will see him tomorrow and relay your interest. I feel daily updates during the week and once during the weekend is called for.

kindest Regards
Thanks George. I was merely pointing out his deficiency in meeting the standard suggested by you. I'd like to confirm I was neither seeking to attack his work nor suggest the speed be increased.

Watto
18-06-2008, 10:30 PM
His last update was on Sunday
I get the 7th June as the last update of entries. Am I looking in the right spot? If there's a more recent page, it would be great if you could post the link. Many thanks.

eclectic
18-06-2008, 10:32 PM
same for me watto

i suspect the webmaster will wait until next week and update a lot in one hit including processing payments

:)

Trent Parker
18-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Righto. Time to go fill in that form. get the ball rolling.....

I'll pay for the airline tickets next week methinks.

Jason is Josh going with you guys?

george
18-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi All,

When he updates stuff it appears on Whats New with a date of the update.

Thats where i got sunday from.

the site is sachess.org

kindest regards

Jason Hu
18-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Yes he is Dillyboy, the car's gonna be George Xie, me, Rob Hvis, J Christ and Ness Reid (in rating order).

eclectic
19-06-2008, 10:48 PM
list of entrants page updated :)

Garvinator
19-06-2008, 11:23 PM
The under 1600 division is almost a chesschat tournament ;) ;)

george
20-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi All,

Part of the ARPA orchestra not the full 35 players will be playing for us on the saturday evening whilst we are dining.
They will play a selection of classical,light classical and jazz.

There are 60 places of which about 15 are already taken by titled players, organisers arbiters etc. This dinner is heavily subsidised and is not a fund raiser. The meal will be a sitdown three course meal with a selection of 2 main courses with a vegetarian option.

Good South Australian wine will be provided free at each table from 8.30 pm.

We will have fruit juices and softdrinks on the table for your enjoyment also free.

There will be 6 tables each of which seats ten persons - if you intend dining elsewhere on the Saturday evening i suggest you reconsider and book your place as numbers are strictly limited.

kindest regards

george
21-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi All,

GM Darryl Johansen has decided to play in this year's tourney:)

Kindest regards

ER
22-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi All,

if you intend dining elsewhere on the Saturday evening i suggest you reconsider and book your place as numbers are strictly limited.

kindest regards

Ok I think I am convinced! Since I have already entered (sans dinner) is it ok to book me in and receive the money upon my arrival in Adelaide? Or shall I send the money at some stage between now and then?
Cheers and good luck, Elliott

george
22-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi Elliot,

Paying on the morning to our hard working treasurer Rita will be fine - she is a very fine lady for whom I have the greatest respect as I do Evelyn whom may or may not be able to make it this year due to health concerns re travel.

Kindest Regards

eclectic
24-06-2008, 05:36 PM
will there be "live" games broadcast via dgt boards?

george
25-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Hi Eclectic,

The answer to your question is no. I have no real knowledge of where they are and with the trouble we have had over the years quite frankly I am not all that interested. All they seem to attract is a lot of work and criticsm when the system invariably malfunctions. This year we are in an exclusive school with incredible firewalls even more than those we experienced at Adelaide Uni last year.

Last year I think we got 1 board going after much effort because the cabling we received only enabled us to use one board.

All the games will however be available on Bill's games database shortly after the tourney - he has nearly all compeitive games played in SA in the last 20 years.

Im sure if I ask nicely Magna or others will post the more memorable games on chesschat.

kindest regards

george
25-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi All,

We received another 15 entries yesterday including one from Trevor Tao.

Last year we had 101 players and this year we expect to at least get that number - very heartening to see a number of interstate players coming over for their first attack at a SA tourney.

Last year it was suggested we organise a canteen/lunchbar type service for the players because there wasnt a shop handy- we have listened to you and have organised either a school or a charity to run such a service and keep any profits for their organisation.

Your positive suggestions are always welcome as we try to always do things better.

Our webmaster will update the list of entries asap.

kindest regards

george
25-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi All,
Further to the music being played during Saturday evening dinner.

just received this last evening from the orchestra which will provide said music-
Music will be selected from;
Blue Moon
Blue Tango
Boccherini Minuet
Fantasia on Greensleeves
George Gershwin melodies
Handel Water Music Suite 1
Haydn Divertimento
ll Bacio
Jamacian Rhumba
La Cumparsita
La Paloma
March from Carmen
Misty
Mazart Ave Verum Corpus
Mozart Andante for Flute
Mozart Piano Concerto #1.2nd
Puppet on a String
Radetsky March
Siboney
Stranger on the Shore
Voices of Spring
Waltz from Masquerade

Selections by Quartets:
Strings
Woodwind
Jazz

Kindest Regards

eclectic
25-06-2008, 04:57 PM
is this a subtle ploy to try and have chess receive government funding as a cultural pursuit should receiving it as a sport fail? :P :owned:

William AS
25-06-2008, 05:14 PM
is this a subtle ploy to try and have chess receive government funding as a cultural pursuit should receiving it as a sport fail? :P :owned:
Just following the advice of Oscar Wilde, Nothing succeeds like excess.

ER
25-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I interpret the (excellent) proposed repertoir as a fine move :clap: on behalf of the organisers to instill some culture into some unrully elements allarmingly frequenting Chess venues! :P:P:P

george
26-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi All,

this saturday evening dinner entertainment has taken on a life of its own!

Main Course: ( a vegetarian option will be available )
Cajun Chicken Breast,seasoned Potato and Zucchini Wedges served with a Crisp Garden Salad with French dressing
or
Red Wine marinated beef Fillet served with a Sweet Potato mash and accompanied with a Crisp Garden salad with French dressing

Both served with a crusty bread roll

DESSERT
vanilla Panacotta with a Raspberry Couli and mixed berries

Red and White SA wine and juices

Great music see earlier post

Titled players , persons providing billets and organisers free (arbiters ?;) )- players $15 , non players $25

THIS evening is very heavily subsidised so that you the players can have a great social time with your fellow chessplayers and if you dont want to talk , listen to the music eat and drink. If you want to dance that will be OK as well!

Enjoy:) :) :)

george
29-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi All,

List of entries was updated yesterday.

Kindest Regards

Trent Parker
29-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm still top seed in the minor 1 week out!

I've booked my flights.....

george
01-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi All,

Looks like there will be more children playing than ever before - dont worry i have arranged a special noisy childrens analysis room. As I coach at PAC (the venue) I know there will be a number of 10 - 12 year olds playing but I assure you they are not ferral and have impeccable manners - unless they lose of course:)

kindest regards

Metro
01-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi All,

Looks like there will be more children playing than ever before - dont worry i have arranged a special noisy childrens analysis room. As I coach at PAC (the venue) I know there will be a number of 10 - 12 year olds playing but I assure you they are not ferral and have impeccable manners - unless they lose of course:)

kindest regards

George,how many entries thus far?:D

Garvinator
01-07-2008, 05:29 PM
George,how many entries thus far?:D
http://sachess.org/events/2008/entries.html

george
01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
hi Met and All,

There are 80 entries so far as of tonight - the entries will be updated thursday evening and will include any more we get in the next two days. We expect to definitely break the 100 entrants barrier - its a matter of by how much.

IM Mark Chapman has agreed to play in this years tourney:)

That makes 2 GM's 7 IM's and a WIM. The strongest of the untitled players : men - Trevor Tao. women - Giang

Looks like being a very strong tourney with great depth amongst the strongest players.

Kindest Regards

William AS
02-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Latest Entry List Freytag Open

1. |Antic, Dejan |OS |2476|gm
2. |Smerdon, David C |ACT |2463|im
3. |Xie, George |NSW |2449|im
4. |Johansen, Darryl K |VIC |2423|gm
5. |Toth, Andras |OS |2401|im
6. |Tao, Trevor |SA |2375|
7. |West, Guy |VIC |2310|im
8. |Chapman, Mark |SA |2303|im
9. |Sandler, Leonid |VIC |2282|im
10.|Rujevic, Mirko |VIC |2207|im
11.|Oliver, Gareth |ACT |2160|
12.|Stojic, Dusan |VIC |2142|
13.|Hu, Jason |NSW |2141|
14.|Dragicevic, Domagoj|VIC |2125|
15.|Nguyen, Giang |SA |2121|
16.|Zaric, Srboljub |SA |2101|
17.|Freytag, Justin B |SA |2073|
18.|Lojanica, Milenko |VIC |2016|
19.|Cloudsdale, Colin |SA |1991|
20.|Mdinaradze, Edgar |SA |1975|
21.|Kerr, Bill |SA |1937|
22.|Saint, Andrew |SA |1922|
23.|Jackson, Ralph E |SA |1899|
24.|Zulfic, Fedja |SA |1856|
25.|Stojic, Svetozar |VIC |1836|
26.|Juszczynski, Mathew|SA |1800|
27.|Oliver, Shannon |ACT |1799|wfm
28.|Hams, Jeff L |SA |1769|
29.|Szuveges, Narelle S|VIC |1711|wim
30.|Dyer, Alastair |TAS |1708|
31.|Guo, Emma |ACT |1683|
32.|Memedi, Sam |SA |1627|
33.|Christensen, Joshua|NSW |1624|
34.|Milton, Anthony W |SA |1548|
35.|Russell, Luthien |ACT |1528|
36.|Staak, Eric |SA |1496|
37.|Cooke, Tristrom P |SA |1495|
38.|Griggs, James |SA |1464|
39.|Oliver, Tamzin L |ACT |1445|
40.|McKenzie, Mark |VIC |1145|

William AS
02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Latest Entry List Freytag Challengers

1. Parker, Trent 1538
2. Turcaj, Pavel 1536
3. Haydn, Gavin 1534
4. Horton, Vincent 1529
5. Kennett, Kim 1514
6. Duggan, Howard 1501
7. Searle, Zachary 1498
8. Reid, Vaness 1496
9. Hatch, John H 1466
10. Ivanov, Nikola 1460
11. Horton, Russell 1449
12. Cameron, Alistair 1417
13. Sag, Andrew 1379
14. Low, Brandon 1365
15. Renzies, Elliott 1312
16. Kiripitige, Punala 1289
17. Milton, Thomas J 1283
18. Vuckov, George 1226
19. Watson, Jean 1210
20. Glascott, Brent 1206
21. Bortsova, Natasha 1133
22. Yang, Owen 1092
23. Lower, Kevin 1051
24. Branson, Edward 1033
25. Mayo, Eleesheva 670
26. Carter, Morgan 335
27. Karykis, Christos
28. Seet, Kee-An
29. Gwinnett, Aaron
30. Jezukaitis, James Nicholas
31. Hunt, Peter
32. Smith, Michael Dean
33. Hirayama, Kodai
34. Mai, Davin
35. Lee, Joel
36. Thoi, Vinh
37. Liew, Sean
38. Bowditch, James
39. Spiliotis, Alexios
40. Sarstedt, Adrian
41. Spiliotis, Stephania

Garvinator
02-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Open

1. Antic, Dejan OS 2476 gm
2. Smerdon, David C ACT 2463 im
3. Xie, George NSW 2449 im
4. Johansen, Darryl K VIC 2423 gm
5. Toth, Andras OS 2401 im
6. Tao, Trevor SA 2375
7. West, Guy VIC 2310 im
8. Chapman, Mark SA 2303 im
9. Sandler, Leonid VIC 2282 im
10. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im
11. Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160
12. Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142
13. Hu, Jason NSW 2141
14. Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125
15. Nguyen, Giang SA 2121
16. Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101
17. Freytag, Justin B SA 2073
18. Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016
19. Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991
20. Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975
21. Kerr, Bill SA 1937
22. Saint, Andrew SA 1922
23. Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899
24. Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856
25. Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836
26. Juszczynski, Mathew SA 1800
27. Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm
28. Hams, Jeff L SA 1769
29. Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim
30. Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708
31. Guo, Emma ACT 1683
32. Memedi, Sam SA 1627
33. Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624
34. Milton, Anthony W SA 1548
35. Russell, Luthien ACT 1528
36. Staak, Eric SA 1496
37. Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495
38. Griggs, James SA 1464
39. Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445
40. McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145

Candy-Cane
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Is dinner still available?

george
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
hi Candy,

We got sets timers scoresheets etc all packed. Good news Evelyn is coming!!

Dinner - there are 12 places only left out of 60. There will be a 15 piece orchestra.

If you wish to attend the dinner send me an email or PM me through chesschat ASAP like NOW- saturday morning to book may be too late as we are only catering for 60.

Kindest regards

ER
02-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi George, could you please double check If I have booked? I feel hungry already!
Cheers and good luck, Elliott

Basil
02-07-2008, 11:15 PM
For those that missed it, I'd like to draw attention to the heading in the previous post. $2 HCDs

george
02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi Gunner,

Just got back about an hour ago after final organisation meeting - spent sometime (3 - 4 hours )packing sets , timers etc organising roles for folks etc

Guess Im not so sharp at the moment - some would say "what do you mean at the moment".:) :( :)

Kindest Regards

Basil
02-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Have you seen my recent chess results? I'm in no position to laugh (it only hurts).

george
03-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi Gunner,

You have a lot to live up to after last year - you wont slip under anyones radar this year. A few folks have entered aagain because they want to have another go at "Gunner" - over the chessboard of course.

We are hoping to make this tourney the second biggest weekender in the Australian chess year - to do that we need to get more than 110 entrants - the field looks like being the second strongest in australia - we cant nor would want to challenge the D Cup - but if we can keep making it better and bigger that would be great.

I have obviously tried to make it into a 'Chess event" not just a chess tourney - we want to make it an event/ tourney which for many reasons including the chess ,folks just cant miss.

The key though is to keep making it an event our very kind sponsor is happy with!

kindest Regards

Garvinator
03-07-2008, 12:26 AM
We are hoping to make this tourney the second biggest weekender in the Australian chess year - to do that we need to get more than 110 entrants - the field looks like being the second strongest in australia - we cant nor would want to challenge the D Cup - but if we can keep making it better and bigger that would be great.
Brings up an interesting question. Which is the largest (tournament numbers and prizes etc) two day weekender in Australia?

William AS
03-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Latest Entry List Freytag Open

6. Tao, Trevor SA 2375
7. West, Guy VIC 2310 im
10. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im
11. Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160
12. Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142
13. Hu, Jason NSW 2141
14. Hacche, David J VIC 2127
15. Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125
16. Nguyen, Giang SA 2121
17. Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101
18. Freytag, Justin B SA 2073
19. Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030
20. Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016
21. Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991
22. Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975
23. Kerr, Bill SA 1937
24. Saint, Andrew SA 1922
25. Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899
26. Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856
27. Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836
28. Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820
29. Juszczynski, Mathew SA 1800
30. Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm
31. Hams, Jeff L SA 1769
32. Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim
33. Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708
34. Guo, Emma ACT 1683
35. Memedi, Sam SA 1627
36. Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624
37. Milton, Anthony W SA 1548
38. Russell, Luthien ACT 1528
39. Staak, Eric SA 1496
40. Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495
41. Griggs, James SA 1464
42. Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445
43. McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145

William AS
03-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Latest Entry List Freytag Challengers

1. Parker, Trent NSW 1538
2. Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536
3. Haydn, Gavin SA 1534
4. Sannidhanam, Anurag VIC 1532
5. Horton, Vincent TAS 1529
6. Kennett, Kim SA 1514
7. Duggan, Howard QLD 1501
8. Searle, Zachary SA 1498
9. Reid, Vaness NSW 1496
10. Hatch, John H SA 1466
11. Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1460
12. Horton, Russell TAS 1449
13. Cameron, Alistair SA 1417
14. Sag, Andrew SA 1379
15. Low, Brandon SA 1365
16. Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312
17. Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289
18. Milton, Thomas J SA 1283
19. Vuckov, George SA 1226
20. Watson, Jean VIC 1210
21. Glascott, Brent SA 1206
22. Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133
23. Yang, Owen SA 1092
24. Lower, Kevin SA 1051
25. Branson, Edward SA 1033
26. Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670
27. Carter, Morgan SA 335
28. Liew, Sean SA
29. Man, Isabella SA
30. Hirayama, Kodai SA
31. Spiliotis, Alexios SA
32. Thoi, Vinh SA
33. Seet, Kee-An SA
34. Lee, Joel SA
35. Spiliotis, Stephania SA
36. Hunt, Peter SA
37. Gwinnett, Aaron SA
38. Sarstedt, Adrian SA
39. Branch, Lachlan SA
40. Mai, Davin SA
41. Man, Johnathon SA
42. Bowditch, James SA
43. Smith, Michael Dean SA
44. Karykis, Christos SA
45. Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA

William AS
03-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Is dinner still available?
Hi Candy received your booking for 3 dinners.

Basil
03-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi Gunner,

You have a lot to live up to after last year - you wont slip under anyones radar this year. A few folks have entered aagain because they want to have another go at "Gunner" - over the chessboard of course.

Oh gawd :rolleyes:

We are hoping to make this tourney the second biggest weekender in the Australian chess year - we cant nor would want to challenge the D Cup...
Don't be shy. There's another size or two up from a D Cup. Someone's got to go there.

george
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

Bill and myself checked out the venue this morning with PAC staff and everything is set for a great tourney.

The saturday evening dinner is set in an old atmospheric victorian building and I am really looking forward to the 15 piece orchestra.

Each table will have wine , juice etc compliments of the organisers - we will keep the wine flowing but just be aware you have to play on Sunday.:)

See you folks at the tourney it will be fun :) :) :)

William AS
04-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Latest Entry List for Frytag Open

6. Tao, Trevor SA 2375
7. West, Guy VIC 2310 im
10. Scott, Ronald NSW 2241
11. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im
12. Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160
13. Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142
14. Hu, Jason NSW 2141
15. Hacche, David J VIC 2127
16. Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125
17. Nguyen, Giang SA 2121
18. Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101
19. Freytag, Justin B SA 2073
20. Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030
21. Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016
22. Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991
23. Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975
24. Wedding, Robin SA 1937
25. Kerr, Bill SA 1937
26. Saint, Andrew SA 1922
27. Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899
28. Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856
29. Hoff, Michael R SA 1840
30. Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836
31. Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820
32. Juszczynski, Mathew SA 1800
33. Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm
34. Hams, Jeff L SA 1769
35. Garcia-Blanco, Miguel SA 1733
36. Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim
37. Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708
38. Guo, Emma ACT 1683
39. Ivkovic, Novica SA 1657
40. Memedi, Sam SA 1627
41. Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624
42. Milton, Anthony W SA 1548
43. Russell, Luthien ACT 1528
44. Staak, Eric SA 1496
45. Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495
46. Griggs, James SA 1464
47. Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445
48. McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145

William AS
04-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Latest Entry List for Freytag Challengers

2. Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536
3. Haydn, Gavin SA 1534
6. Kennett, Kim SA 1514
9. Reid, Vaness NSW 1496
13. Ivancic, Fabian SA 1443
14. Cameron, Alistair SA 1417
15. Sag, Andrew SA 1379
16. Low, Brandon SA 1365
17. Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312
18. Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289
19. Milton, Thomas J SA 1283
20. Vuckov, George SA 1226
21. Watson, Jean VIC 1210
22. Glascott, Brent SA 1206
23. Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133
24. Yang, Owen SA 1092
25. Lower, Kevin SA 1051
26. Branson, Edward SA 1033
27. Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670
28. Mitra, Druva SA 627
29. Perks, Hugh SA 615
30. Carter, Morgan SA 335
31. Mishra, Aditya SA 123
32. Gupta, Aashray SA
33. Spiliotis, Alexios SA
34. Hirayama, Kodai SA
35. Karykis, Christos SA
36. Sarstedt, Adrian SA
37. Liew, Sean SA
38. Smith, Michael Dean SA
39. Trezise, Klarke SA
40. Branch, Lachlan SA
41. Spiliotis, Stephania SA
42. Thoi, Vinh SA
43. Mai, Davin SA
44. Seet, Kee-An SA
45. Bowditch, James SA
46. Roberts, Joo Yung Alan Thomas SA
47. Duong, Vu SA
48. Hunt, Peter SA
49. Daenke, Stephen SA
50. Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA
51. Gwinnett, Aaron SA
52. Man, Johnathon SA
53. Mitra, Veda SA
54. Man, Isabella SA
55. Lee, Joel SA

george
04-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Hi All,

The challenger is full of children - some playing their first tournament and experienced children skilled in trench warfare out for blood (watch out Gunner).

103 players so far and building - Bill seems to think we will get over 120 players which would be great but numbers and strength wise its already the strongest weekender we have ever had.

Only about 6 places left for dinner and looks like we will need to run a reserve list able to take the places of those who are unable to come - folks will need to confirm by mid morning on Saturday.

Kindest Regards

Trent Parker
04-07-2008, 06:57 AM
hello peoples!

I wish to obtain Fritz 11 however I will not be able to get to Parr's or Jone's shop in the near future.

Is there going to be any chess book/program stall at the tournament?

george
04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
hi Dilly Boy,

There will not be a stall but if you contact Alan Goldsmith - his contact details are on SACA website or Junior website at sajuniorchess.org
he runs a chessshop and will bring it with him if he has it in stock.

But please call him today as he is playing over the weekend and has 4 guests (players) staying with him so unless you give him notice i dont think he will be able to help you.

Kindest Regards

Trent Parker
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Bummer!

Alans apparently run out of them..... oh well.

Brian_Jones
04-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I wish to obtain Fritz 11 however I will not be able to get to Parr's or Jone's shop in the near future.

ACE has plenty in stock in Sydney and we can always mail it out to you!

See http://www.chessaustralia.com.au/index.cfm?p=detail&o=CBFRITZ11

george
04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

There are 106 entries up to a couple of hours ago and growing.

Our estimates of total players is now about 130 by the time things kick off tomorrow morning.

We are rounding up extra timers from all over the place - wouldnt be too good to be short.

We can take up to 156 players but we honestly believe we will get around 130 mark or a little less which is unbelievable for us in SA.:P

queenant89
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Good luck to all that is playing

Metro
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi All,

There are 106 entries up to a couple of hours ago and growing.

Our estimates of total players is now about 130 by the time things kick off tomorrow morning.

We are rounding up extra timers from all over the place - wouldnt be too good to be short.

We can take up to 156 players but we honestly believe we will get around 130 mark or a little less which is unbelievable for us in SA.:P

Excellent work. You are crowing:clap:

HigherThanMax
05-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Can someone please tell me when the dang first round starts... the online printable entry form is in unreadable format :S

William AS
05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Latest Entry List for Freytag Open

6. Tao, Trevor SA 2375
7. West, Guy VIC 2310 im
10. Obst, James SA 2250
11. Scott, Ronald NSW 2241
12. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im
13. Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160
14. Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142
15. Hu, Jason NSW 2141
16. Srdic, Goran SA 2133
17. Hacche, David J VIC 2127
18. Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125
19. Nguyen, Giang SA 2121
20. Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101
21. Freytag, Justin B SA 2073
22. Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030
23. Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016
24. Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991
25. Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975
26. Stevens, Tristan SA 1965
27. Wedding, Robin SA 1937
28. Kerr, Bill SA 1937
29. Saint, Andrew SA 1922
30. Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899
31. Hoile, Robert SA 1860
32. Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856
33. Hoff, Michael R SA 1840
34. Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836
35. Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820
36. Juszczynski, Mathew SA 1800
37. Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm
38. Hams, Jeff L SA 1769
39. Jelic, Mato SA 1741
40. Garcia-Blanco, Miguel SA 1733
41. Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim
42. Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708
43. Guo, Emma ACT 1683
44. Ivkovic, Novica SA 1657
45. Memedi, Sam SA 1627
46. Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624
47. Glasson, Ben VIC 1589
48. Milton, Anthony W SA 1548
49. Russell, Luthien ACT 1528
50. Staak, Eric SA 1496
51. Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495
52. Griggs, James SA 1464
53. Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445
54. Tan, Peter SA 1236
55. McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145

William AS
05-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Latest Entry List for Freytag Challengers

2. Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536
3. Haydn, Gavin SA 1534
6. Kennett, Kim SA 1514
9. Reid, Vaness NSW 1496
13. Ivancic, Fabian SA 1443
14. Cameron, Alistair SA 1417
15. Sag, Andrew SA 1379
16. Low, Brandon SA 1365
17. Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312
18. Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289
19. Milton, Thomas J SA 1283
20. Vuckov, George SA 1226
21. Watson, Jean VIC 1210
22. Glascott, Brent SA 1206
23. Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133
24. Yang, Owen SA 1092
25. Lower, Kevin SA 1051
26. Branson, Edward SA 1033
27. Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670
28. Mitra, Druva SA 627
29. Perks, Hugh SA 615
30. Carter, Morgan SA 335
31. Mishra, Aditya SA 123
32. Gupta, Aashray SA
33. Spiliotis, Alexios SA
34. Hirayama, Kodai SA
35. Karykis, Christos SA
36. Sarstedt, Adrian SA
37. Liew, Sean SA
38. Smith, Michael Dean SA
39. Trezise, Klarke SA
40. Branch, Lachlan SA
41. Spiliotis, Stephania SA
42. Thoi, Vinh SA
43. Mai, Davin SA
44. Seet, Kee-An SA
45. Bowditch, James SA
46. Roberts, Joo Yung Alan Thomas SA
47. Duong, Vu SA
48. Hunt, Peter SA
49. Daenke, Stephen SA
50. Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA
51. Gwinnett, Aaron SA
52. Man, Johnathon SA
53. Mitra, Veda SA
54. Man, Isabella SA
55. Lee, Joel SA

george
05-07-2008, 01:11 AM
hi
The first round starts at 9.30 sharp. You must be registered as having turned up if already entered by no later than 9.10 otherwise we will pair you with whomever else also turns up late possibly with time penalties possibly not.

Whilst Charles is doing the draw at 9.15 I will open the tourney speak of housekeeping things then hand over to Roland who will say a few things re Arbiters then Charles will tell you whom is playing whom in 1st round and we start at 9.30.

Havent had queries from other folks re 1st round only really the mothers of children playing in their first tourney.

kindest regards

george
05-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Hi Met,

Crowing maybe but just a little:)

Its been bloody hard work by a lot of people.

Kindest Regards

Garvinator
05-07-2008, 03:02 AM
The first round starts at 9.30 sharp.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jono, you have to love that ;)

Trent Parker
05-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Morning all....

I'm ready to go.....

Hmm Josh and crew might be a little late...... they think its a 10 min walk from the YHA to the venue..... lol

I'll be there with plenty of time!

queenant89
05-07-2008, 08:09 PM
any results known ??? or are any resultv going to be published??

Watto
05-07-2008, 10:56 PM
any results known ??? or are any resultv going to be published??
Know a few scores only I'm afraid but Tao beat Antic in the 4th round. So Tao and Smerdon are on 4/4. Johansen and West are on 3.5 plus other people I think...
Upset of the day was Ralph Jackson beating George Xie and then he followed that up with a win over Jason Hu. Also, Goldsmith beat Sandler.

William AS
06-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Freytag Open Standings after round 4

1-2 Smerdon, David C ACT 2463 im 4
Tao, Trevor SA 2375 4
3-4 West, Guy VIC 2310 im 3.5
Johansen, Darryl K VIC 2423 gm 3.5
5-14 Antic, Dejan OS 2476 gm 3
Obst, James SA 2250 3
Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im 3
Toth, Andras OS 2401 im 3
Hacche, David J VIC 2127 3
Xie, George NSW 2449 im 3
Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708 3
Chapman, Mark SA 2303 im 3
Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030 3
Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975 3
15-19 Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160 2.5
Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899 2.5
Jelic, Mato SA 1741 2.5
Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142 2.5
Hams, Jeff L SA 1769 2.5
20-37 Sandler, Leonid VIC 2282 im 2
Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125 2
Scott, Ronald NSW 2241 2
Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820 2
Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101 2
Stevens, Tristan SA 1965 2
Nguyen, Giang SA 2121 2
Russell, Luthien ACT 1528 2
Saint, Andrew SA 1922 2
Brown, Andrew ACT 1925 2
Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016 2
Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991 2
Wedding, Robin SA 1937 2
Hu, Jason NSW 2141 2
Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836 2
Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856 2
Kerr, Bill SA 1937 2
Hoff, Michael R SA 1840 2
38-41 Hoile, Robert SA 1860 1.5
Freytag, Justin B SA 2073 1.5
Glasson, Ben VIC 1589 1.5
Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm 1.5
42-51 McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145 1
Staak, Eric SA 1496 1
Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim 1
Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495 1
Garcia-Blanco, Miguel SA 1733 1
Guo, Emma ACT 1683 1
Ivkovic, Novica SA 1657 1
Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624 1
Tan, Peter SA 1236 1
Griggs, James SA 1464 1
52-53 Memedi, Sam SA 1627 0.5
Srdic, Goran SA 2133 0.5
54-55 Milton, Anthony W SA 1548 0
Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445 0

William AS
06-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Freytag Challengers Standings after round 4

1-2 Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536 4
Eustace, Sophie SA 1448 4
3-4 Ivancic, Fabian SA 1443 3.5
Searle, Zachary SA 1498 3.5
5-13 Sannidhanam, Anurag VIC 1532 3
Haydn, Gavin SA 1534 3
Cameron, Alistair SA 1417 3
Mading, John Thon SA 1271 3
Milton, Thomas J SA 1283 3
Yang, Owen SA 1092 3
Low, Brandon SA 1365 3
Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289 3
Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312 3
14-21 Horton, Vincent TAS 1529 2.5
Hatch, John H SA 1466 2.5
Sag, Andrew SA 1379 2.5
Vuckov, George SA 1226 2.5
Sander, Henry SA 2.5
Bowditch, James SA 2.5
Watson, Jean VIC 1210 2.5
Glascott, Brent SA 1206 2.5
22-36 Mitra, Druva SA 627 2
Horton, Russell TAS 1449 2
Reid, Vaness NSW 1496 2
Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1460 2
Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670 2
Perks, Hugh SA 615 2
Lower, Kevin SA 1051 2
Duggan, Howard QLD 1501 2
Parker, Trent NSW 1538 2
Mishra, Aditya SA 123 2
Tan, Robert SA 2
Hunt, Peter SA 2
Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133 2
Branson, Edward SA 1033 2
Hirayama, Kodai SA 2
37-42 Mitra, Veda SA 1.5
Roberts, Joo Yung Alan Thomas SA 1.5
Thoi, Vinh SA 1.5
Gupta, Aashray SA 1.5
Sarstedt, Adrian SA 1.5
Branch, Lachlan SA 1.5
43-51 Daenke, Stephen SA 1
Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA 1
Spiliotis, Alexios SA 1
Trezise, Klarke SA 1
Liew, Sean SA 1
Man, Johnathon SA 1
Smith, Michael Dean SA 1
Man, Isabella SA 1
Lee, Joel SA 1
52-54 Spiliotis, Stephania SA 0.5
Seet, Kee-An SA 0.5
Gwinnett, Aaron SA 0.5

William AS
06-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Freytag Open Draw round 5

1 Tao, Trevor SA 2375 [4] : Smerdon, David C ACT 2463 [4]
2 Johansen, Darryl K VIC 2423 [3.5] : West, Guy VIC 2310 [3.5]
3 Antic, Dejan OS 2476 [3] : Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030 [3]
4 Xie, George NSW 2449 [3] : Hacche, David J VIC 2127 [3]
5 Toth, Andras OS 2401 [3] : Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975 [3]
6 Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 [3] : Chapman, Mark SA 2303 [3]
7 Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708 [3] : Obst, James SA 2250 [3]
8 Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160 [2.5] : Hams, Jeff L SA 1769 [2.5]
9 Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899 [2.5] : Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142 [2.5]
10 Sandler, Leonid VIC 2282 [2] : Kerr, Bill SA 1937 [2]
11 Scott, Ronald NSW 2241 [2] : Wedding, Robin SA 1937 [2]
12 Hu, Jason NSW 2141 [2] : Brown, Andrew ACT 1925 [2]
13 Saint, Andrew SA 1922 [2] : Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125 [2]
14 Hoff, Michael R SA 1840 [2] : Nguyen, Giang SA 2121 [2]
15 Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101 [2] : Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856 [2]
16 Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016 [2] : Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836 [2]
17 Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991 [2] : Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820 [2]
18 Russell, Luthien ACT 1528 [2] : Stevens, Tristan SA 1965 [2]
19 Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 [1.5] : Freytag, Justin B SA 2073 [1.5]
20 Glasson, Ben VIC 1589 [1.5] : Hoile, Robert SA 1860 [1.5]
21 Staak, Eric SA 1496 [1] : Garcia-Blanco, Miguel SA 1733 [1]
22 Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 [1] : Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495 [1]
23 Guo, Emma ACT 1683 [1] : Tan, Peter SA 1236 [1]
24 Griggs, James SA 1464 [1] : Ivkovic, Novica SA 1657 [1]
25 Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624 [1] : McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145 [1]
26 Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445 [0] : Milton, Anthony W SA 1548 [0]
27 Jelic, Mato SA 1741 [2] .5:.5 BYE

William AS
06-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Freytag Challengers Draw Round 5

30 Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536 [4] : Eustace, Sophie SA 1448 [4]
31 Ivancic, Fabian SA 1443 [3.5] : Searle, Zachary SA 1498 [3.5]
32 Yang, Owen SA 1092 [3] : Haydn, Gavin SA 1534 [3]
33 Sannidhanam, Anurag VIC 1532 [3] : Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289 [3]
34 Cameron, Alistair SA 1417 [3] : Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312 [3]
35 Low, Brandon SA 1365 [3] : Milton, Thomas J SA 1283 [3]
36 Hatch, John H SA 1466 [2.5] : Mading, John Thon SA 1271 [3]
37 Watson, Jean VIC 1210 [2.5] : Horton, Vincent TAS 1529 [2.5]
38 Bowditch, James SA [2.5] : Sag, Andrew SA 1379 [2.5]
39 Vuckov, George SA 1226 [2.5] : Glascott, Brent SA 1206 [2.5]
40 Sander, Henry SA [2.5] : Parker, Trent NSW 1538 [2]
41 Duggan, Howard QLD 1501 [2] : Mishra, Aditya SA 123 [2]
42 Reid, Vaness NSW 1496 [2] : Hunt, Peter SA [2]
43 Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1460 [2] : Tan, Robert SA [2]
44 Branson, Edward SA 1033 [2] : Horton, Russell TAS 1449 [2]
45 Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670 [2] : Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133 [2]
46 Perks, Hugh SA 615 [2] : Lower, Kevin SA 1051 [2]
47 Gupta, Aashray SA [1.5] : Hirayama, Kodai SA [2]
48 Thoi, Vinh SA [1.5] : Branch, Lachlan SA [1.5]
49 Sarstedt, Adrian SA [1.5] : Roberts, Joo Yung Alan Thomas SA [1.5]
50 Daenke, Stephen SA [1] : Man, Isabella SA [1]
51 Lee, Joel SA [1] : Smith, Michael Dean SA [1]
52 Spiliotis, Alexios SA [1] : Liew, Sean SA [1]
53 Trezise, Klarke SA [1] : Man, Johnathon SA [1]
54 Spiliotis, Stephania SA [.5] : Gwinnett, Aaron SA [.5]
55 Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA [0] 1:0 BYE
56 Mitra, Druva SA 627 [1.5] .5:.5 BYE
57 Mitra, Veda SA [1] .5:.5 BYE
58 Seet, Kee-An SA [0] .5:.5 BYE

William AS
06-07-2008, 01:27 AM
:cool: Thanks Bill. I was sitting here trying to work out how to do that. Think I know now.

Bill Gletsos
06-07-2008, 01:48 AM
:cool: Thanks Bill. I was sitting here trying to work out how to do that. Think I know now.No Problem.

Bt the way please see if you can get the DOB's for those players who dont have them on the SP master file.

William AS
06-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Freytag Open Final Standings

1 Smerdon, David C ACT 2463 im 6.5
2-4 Antic, Dejan OS 2476 gm 5.5
Johansen, Darryl K VIC 2423 gm 5.5
Toth, Andras OS 2401 im 5.5
5-8 Tao, Trevor SA 2375 5
Obst, James SA 2250 5
Xie, George NSW 2449 im 5
Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030 5
9-16 Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im 4.5
West, Guy VIC 2310 im 4.5
Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142 4.5
Chapman, Mark SA 2303 im 4.5
Hacche, David J VIC 2127 4.5
Scott, Ronald NSW 2241 4.5
Hu, Jason NSW 2141 4.5
Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016 4.5
17-25 Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160 4
Hams, Jeff L SA 1769 4
Sandler, Leonid VIC 2282 im 4
Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125 4
Wedding, Robin SA 1937 4
Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975 4
Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101 4
Stevens, Tristan SA 1965 4
Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991 4
26-27 Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899 3.5
Russell, Luthien ACT 1528 3.5
28-41 Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708 3
Nguyen, Giang SA 2121 3
Brown, Andrew ACT 1925 3
Jelic, Mato SA 1741 3
Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836 3
Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820 3
Kerr, Bill SA 1937 3
Saint, Andrew SA 1922 3
Hoile, Robert SA 1860 3
Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856 3
Garcia-Blanco, Miguel SA 1733 3
Hoff, Michael R SA 1840 3
Guo, Emma ACT 1683 3
Glasson, Ben SA 1589 3
42-45 Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm 2.5
Freytag, Justin B SA 2073 2.5
Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624 2.5
Tan, Peter SA 1236 2.5
46-52 Ivkovic, Novica SA 1657 2
McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145 2
Griggs, James SA 1464 2
Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495 2
Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim 2
Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445 2
Milton, Anthony W SA 1548 2
53 Staak, Eric SA 1496 1.5
54-55 Memedi, Sam SA 1627 0.5
Srdic, Goran SA 2133 0.5

William AS
06-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Freytag Challengers Final Standings

1-3 Searle, Zachary SA 1498 6
Ivancic, Fabian SA 1443 6
Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536 6
4 Cameron, Alistair SA 1417 5.5
5-10 Sannidhanam, Anurag VIC 1532 5
Milton, Thomas J SA 1283 5
Horton, Vincent TAS 1529 5
Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312 5
Duggan, Howard QLD 1501 5
Parker, Trent NSW 1538 5
11-14 Eustace, Sophie SA 1448 4.5
Glascott, Brent SA 1206 4.5
Gupta, Aashray SA 4.5
Vuckov, George SA 1226 4.5
15-25 Haydn, Gavin SA 1534 4
Mading, John Thon SA 1271 4
Reid, Vaness NSW 1496 4
Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289 4
Watson, Jean VIC 1210 4
Yang, Owen SA 1092 4
Low, Brandon SA 1365 4
Horton, Russell TAS 1449 4
Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1460 4
Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133 4
Daenke, Stephen SA 4
26-30 Sag, Andrew SA 1379 3.5
Hatch, John H SA 1466 3.5
Thoi, Vinh SA 3.5
Bowditch, James SA 3.5
Gwinnett, Aaron SA 3.5
31-40 Perks, Hugh SA 615 3
Lower, Kevin SA 1051 3
Mitra, Druva SA 627 3
Branson, Edward SA 1033 3
Liew, Sean SA 3
Spiliotis, Alexios SA 3
Tan, Robert SA 3
Roberts, Joo Yung Alan Thomas SA 3
Hunt, Peter SA 3
Man, Johnathon SA 3
41-44 Sander, Henry SA 2.5
Trezise, Klarke SA 2.5
Branch, Lachlan SA 2.5
Sarstedt, Adrian SA 2.5
45-50 Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670 2
Mishra, Aditya SA 123 2
Hirayama, Kodai SA 2
Lee, Joel SA 2
Man, Isabella SA 2
Mitra, Veda SA 2
51-52 Smith, Michael Dean SA 1.5
Seet, Kee-An SA 1.5
53 Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA 1
54 Spiliotis, Stephania SA 0.5

William AS
06-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Freytag Open 2008

No Name Feder Loc Title Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 Smerdon, David C ACT 2463 im 6.5 30:W 15:W 19:W 9:W 5:W 3:W 4:D
2 Antic, Dejan OS 2476 gm 5.5 21:W 13:W 6:W 5:L 8:W 9:D 7:W
3 Johansen, Darryl K VIC 2423 gm 5.5 36:W 20:D 33:W 17:W 10:W 1:L 9:W
4 Toth, Andras OS 2401 im 5.5 37:W 29:W 9:L 26:W 22:W 6:W 1:D
5 Tao, Trevor SA 2375 5 39:W 23:W 14:W 2:W 1:L 7:L 11:W
6 Obst, James SA 2250 5 18:W 8:W 2:L 24:W 28:W 4:L 20:W
7 Xie, George NSW 2449 im 5 26:L 46:W 21:W 29:W 13:W 5:W 2:L
8 Goldsmith, Alan D SA 2030 5 53:W 6:L 38:W 19:W 2:L 28:W 17:W
9 Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2207 im 4.5 50:W 25:W 4:W 1:L 12:W 2:D 3:L
10 West, Guy VIC 2310 im 4.5 32:W 16:W 11:W 0:D 3:L 17:D 15:D
11 Stojic, Dusan VIC 2142 4.5 40:W 27:W 10:L 18:D 26:W 19:W 5:L
12 Chapman, Mark SA 2303 im 4.5 33:D 35:W 20:D 23:W 9:L 25:W 13:D
13 Hacche, David J VIC 2127 4.5 54:W 2:L 30:W 27:W 7:L 39:W 12:D
14 Scott, Ronald NSW 2241 4.5 38:W 34:W 5:L 22:L 21:W 16:D 29:W
15 Hu, Jason NSW 2141 4.5 46:W 1:L 26:L 38:W 30:W 22:W 10:D
16 Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2016 4.5 49:W 10:L 18:L 42:W 32:W 14:D 26:W
17 Oliver, Gareth ACT 2160 4 28:W 26:D 31:W 3:L 18:W 10:D 8:L
18 Hams, Jeff L SA 1769 4 6:L 48:W 16:W 11:D 17:L 23:D 34:W
19 Sandler, Leonid VIC 2282 im 4 42:W 22:W 1:L 8:L 34:W 11:L 30:W
20 Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2125 4 44:W 3:D 12:D 28:L 35:W 27:W 6:L
21 Wedding, Robin SA 1937 4 2:L 40:W 7:L 44:W 14:L 46:W 28:W
22 Mdinaradze, Edgar SA 1975 4 51:W 19:L 50:W 14:W 4:L 15:L 39:W
23 Zaric, Srboljub SA 2101 4 52:W 5:L 32:W 12:L 37:D 18:D 35:W
24 Stevens, Tristan SA 1965 4 45:W 0:D 0:D 6:L 27:L 42:W 31:W
25 Cloudsdale, Colin SA 1991 4 48:W 9:L 28:L 46:W 33:W 12:L 36:W
26 Jackson, Ralph E SA 1899 3.5 7:W 17:D 15:W 4:L 11:L 37:W 16:L
27 Russell, Luthien ACT 1528 3.5 43:W 11:L 34:W 13:L 24:W 20:L 37:D
28 Dyer, Alastair TAS 1708 3 17:L 47:W 25:W 20:W 6:L 8:L 21:L
29 Nguyen, Giang SA 2121 3 41:W 4:L 36:W 7:L 39:L 32:W 14:L
30 Brown, Andrew ACT 1925 3 1:L 44:W 13:L 53:W 15:L 40:W 19:L
31 Jelic, Mato SA 1741 3 0:D 55:+ 17:L 35:D 0:D 36:D 24:L
32 Stojic, Svetozar VIC 1836 3 10:L 41:W 23:L 40:W 16:L 29:L 43:W
33 Rigo, Bernard A SA 1820 3 12:D 43:W 3:L 37:D 25:L 34:L 46:W
34 Kerr, Bill SA 1937 3 47:W 14:L 27:L 50:W 19:L 33:W 18:L
35 Saint, Andrew SA 1922 3 0:D 12:L 53:W 31:D 20:L 44:W 23:L
36 Hoile, Robert SA 1860 3 3:L 52:W 29:L 0:D 41:W 31:D 25:L
37 Zulfic, Fedja SA 1856 3 4:L 54:D 49:W 33:D 23:D 26:L 27:D
38 Garcia-Blanco, Miguel SA 1733 3 14:L 51:W 8:L 15:L 53:W 43:D 41:D
39 Hoff, Michael R SA 1840 3 5:L 53:L 52:W 47:W 29:W 13:L 22:L
40 Guo, Emma ACT 1683 3 11:L 21:L 48:W 32:L 45:W 30:L 47:W
41 Glasson, Ben SA 1589 3 29:L 32:L 43:D 52:W 36:L 49:W 38:D
42 Oliver, Shannon ACT 1799 wfm 2.5 19:L 49:D 54:W 16:L 43:D 24:L 44:D
43 Freytag, Justin B SA 2073 2.5 27:L 33:L 41:D 54:W 42:D 38:D 32:L
44 Christensen, Joshua NSW 1624 2.5 20:L 30:L 45:W 21:L 47:W 35:L 42:D
45 Tan, Peter SA 1236 2.5 24:L 50:L 44:L 0:W 40:L 53:W 49:D
46 Ivkovic, Novica SA 1657 2 15:L 7:L 51:W 25:L 48:W 21:L 33:L
47 McKenzie, Mark VIC 1145 2 34:L 28:L 0:W 39:L 44:L 50:W 40:L
48 Griggs, James SA 1464 2 25:L 18:L 40:L 51:W 46:L 52:L 0:W
49 Cooke, Tristrom P SA 1495 2 16:L 42:D 37:L 0:D 50:D 41:L 45:D
50 Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1711 wim 2 9:L 45:W 22:L 34:L 49:D 47:L 51:D
51 Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1445 2 22:L 38:L 46:L 48:L 52:D 0:W 50:D
52 Milton, Anthony W SA 1548 2 23:L 36:L 39:L 41:L 51:D 48:W 53:D
53 Staak, Eric SA 1496 1.5 8:L 39:W 35:L 30:L 38:L 45:L 52:D
54 Memedi, Sam SA 1627 .5 13:L 37:D 42:L 43:L 0: 0: 0:
55 Srdic, Goran SA 2133 .5 0:D 31:- 0: 0: 0: 0: 0:

William AS
06-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Freytag Challengers 2008

No Name Feder Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 Searle, Zachary SA 1498 6 25:W 16:D 9:W 4:W 2:D 5:W 3:W
2 Ivancic, Fabian SA 1443 6 48:W 20:W 5:D 17:W 1:D 16:W 6:W
3 Turcaj, Pavel SA 1536 6 33:W 26:W 22:W 6:W 11:W 15:W 1:L
4 Cameron, Alistair SA 1417 5.5 35:W 10:W 27:W 1:L 8:W 11:D 15:W
5 Sannidhanam, Anurag VIC 1532 5 46:W 8:W 2:D 16:D 18:W 1:L 19:W
6 Milton, Thomas J SA 1283 5 44:W 9:W 17:W 3:L 21:W 26:W 2:L
7 Horton, Vincent TAS 1529 5 29:W 18:W 11:L 14:D 19:D 20:W 16:W
8 Renzies, Elliott VIC 1312 5 50:W 5:L 25:W 31:W 4:L 21:W 23:W
9 Duggan, Howard QLD 1501 5 43:W 6:L 1:L 35:W 46:W 12:W 24:W
10 Parker, Trent NSW 1538 5 34:W 4:L 31:L 48:W 41:W 18:W 11:W
11 Eustace, Sophie SA 1448 4.5 53:W 32:W 7:W 15:W 3:L 4:D 10:L
12 Glascott, Brent SA 1206 4.5 54:W 22:L 13:W 26:D 14:W 9:L 27:W
13 Gupta, Aashray SA 4.5 17:L 51:W 12:L 28:D 47:W 29:W 26:W
14 Vuckov, George SA 1226 4.5 52:W 27:L 46:W 7:D 12:L 41:W 28:W
15 Haydn, Gavin SA 1534 4 31:W 21:W 23:W 11:L 20:W 3:L 4:L
16 Mading, John Thon SA 1271 4 42:W 1:D 45:W 5:D 27:W 2:L 7:L
17 Reid, Vaness NSW 1496 4 13:W 19:W 6:L 2:L 39:W 24:L 32:W
18 Kiripitige, Punala SA 1289 4 41:W 7:L 33:W 23:W 5:L 10:L 36:W
19 Watson, Jean VIC 1210 4 51:W 17:L 28:W 0:D 7:D 22:W 5:L
20 Yang, Owen SA 1092 4 37:W 2:L 36:W 22:W 15:L 7:L 39:W
21 Low, Brandon SA 1365 4 40:W 15:L 32:W 24:W 6:L 8:L 33:W
22 Horton, Russell TAS 1449 4 39:W 12:W 3:L 20:L 34:W 19:L 31:W
23 Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1460 4 47:W 24:W 15:L 18:L 37:W 32:W 8:L
24 Bortsova, Natasha SA 1133 4 36:W 23:L 42:W 21:L 45:W 17:W 9:L
25 Daenke, Stephen SA 4 1:L 52:W 8:L 37:L 49:W 35:W 41:W
26 Sag, Andrew SA 1379 3.5 49:W 3:L 34:W 12:D 29:W 6:L 13:L
27 Hatch, John H SA 1466 3.5 30:W 14:W 4:L 0:D 16:L 38:W 12:L
28 Thoi, Vinh SA 3.5 32:L 47:W 19:L 13:D 43:W 34:W 14:L
29 Bowditch, James SA 3.5 7:L 41:D 37:W 38:W 26:L 13:L 45:W
30 Gwinnett, Aaron SA 3.5 27:L 36:L 40:L 0:D 53:W 42:W 44:W
31 Perks, Hugh SA 615 3 15:L 40:W 10:W 8:L 32:L 37:W 22:L
32 Lower, Kevin SA 1051 3 28:W 11:L 21:L 50:W 31:W 23:L 17:L
33 Mitra, Druva SA 627 3 3:L 49:W 18:L 0:D 0:D 48:W 21:L
34 Branson, Edward SA 1033 3 10:L 35:W 26:L 40:W 22:L 28:L 49:W
35 Liew, Sean SA 3 4:L 34:L 51:W 9:L 36:W 25:L 46:W
36 Spiliotis, Alexios SA 3 24:L 30:W 20:L 46:W 35:L 47:W 18:L
37 Tan, Robert SA 3 20:L 48:W 29:L 25:W 23:L 31:L 47:W
38 Roberts, Joo Yung Alan Thomas SA 3 0:D 45:L 54:W 29:L 44:W 27:L 0:D
39 Hunt, Peter SA 3 22:L 54:D 43:W 41:- 17:L 45:W 20:L
40 Man, Johnathon SA 3 21:L 31:L 30:W 34:L 42:L 52:W 48:W
41 Sander, Henry SA 2.5 18:L 29:D 44:W 39:+ 10:L 14:L 25:L
42 Trezise, Klarke SA 2.5 16:L 53:W 24:L 47:L 40:W 30:L 0:D
43 Branch, Lachlan SA 2.5 9:L 44:D 39:L 53:W 28:L 49:L 0:W
44 Sarstedt, Adrian SA 2.5 6:L 43:D 41:L 54:W 38:L 50:W 30:L
45 Mayo, Eleesheva SA 670 2 0:D 38:W 16:L 0:D 24:L 39:L 29:L
46 Mishra, Aditya SA 123 2 5:L 50:W 14:L 36:L 9:L 51:W 35:L
47 Hirayama, Kodai SA 2 23:L 28:L 49:W 42:W 13:L 36:L 37:L
48 Lee, Joel SA 2 2:L 37:L 52:W 10:L 51:W 33:L 40:L
49 Man, Isabella SA 2 26:L 33:L 47:L 52:W 25:L 43:W 34:L
50 Mitra, Veda SA 2 8:L 46:L 53:W 32:L 0:D 44:L 51:D
51 Smith, Michael Dean SA 1.5 19:L 13:L 35:L 0:W 48:L 46:L 50:D
52 Seet, Kee-An SA 1.5 14:L 25:L 48:L 49:L 0:D 40:L 53:W
53 Jezukaitis, James Nicholas SA 1 11:L 42:L 50:L 43:L 30:L 0:W 52:L
54 Spiliotis, Stephania SA .5 12:L 39:D 38:L 44:L 0: 0: 0:

george
07-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi All,

The tournament went extremely well according to feedback and those who were there will never forget the Dinner event.

Justin Freytag has agreed to the same sponsorship next year so again a big thankyou to Justin for this year and looking forward to next years event.:) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Igor_Goldenberg
07-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Well done, David:clap: :clap:
Not completely unexpected, but bulldozering such a strong field is impressive.

eclectic
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I really enjoyed playing in the tournament.
Perhaps I should have played in the challengers.
However recently I have been through a stressful time.
I decided I wanted to participate in the open where the bar is raised.

Thank you to George Howard and all the other organisers.

It was a pleasure to meet you Gunner! ;)

Event: Freytag Checkmate Open
Site: ?
Date: 2008.07.06
Round: 6.24
White: McKenzie, Mark
Black: Szuveges (WIM), Narelle
Result: 1-0
ECO: B50
WhiteElo: 1145 Acf
BlackElo: 1711 Acf
PlyCount: 61

1. e4 c5 2. c3 d6 3. Nf3 Nf6 4. Bd3 Qc7 5. Bc2 Bg4 6. O-O Nbd7 7. d4 cxd4 8.
cxd4 e6 9. Nc3 a6 10. d5 e5 11. Re1 Be7 12. Bg5 h6 13. Bh4 g5 14. Bg3 Rc8 15.
Rc1 Qb8 16. h3 Bh5 17. Bh2 g4 18. hxg4 Nxg4 19. Ba4 Nxh2 20. Bxd7+ Kxd7 21.
Nxe5+ dxe5 22. Qxh5 Ke8 23. Kxh2 Rd8 24. Na4 Bg5 25. Rc2 Qd6 26. Nc5 Rb8 27.
Ne6 Qb4 28. Nxg5 Rh7 29. Nxh7 Qxe1 30. Qxe5+ Kd7 31. Rc7+ 1-0

Basil
08-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Freytag 08 - Patzer Division Report - A La Gunner ("Idiot")

Forget 'Film at 11'. Try' Landing at 11'. PM that is. No early Friday arrival allowing sightseeing (and mangafrangering) this time. The flight down was the same ol' knees around the ears job with a boy on each parent's lap. Two and half hours of that and a stoush with the clueless warden looking after the disability taxis and hey presto - four Grumpy Duggans.

To make matters worse, "idiot" had decided to take the publicity spiel at face value, viz "the tournament hall is 5 minutes from the city" and you know, actually book a hotel in the city. Lazy as I am, I can manage a five minute walk. IT'S A FORTY FIVE MINTE WALK! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooorrrrrggggggggggggge! Utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter... OK, I could have checked out the map.

The hotel was at least 2000 HCDs up from last year's shoe-box (the one with nails sticking out of the walls), and with an upgrade thrown in gratis, things had taken a turn for the better. Except one young man decided that 2am was a fit and proper bed-time when in Adelaide :wall:

8 am and it's taxi time.. because I'M NOT FIVE MINUTES FROM THE PLAYING HALL ... AM I!!!!!!!!!??????????? :lol: I got to know the Adelaide taxi drivers very well over the next two days. No complaints - especially from the Indian who translated the Punjabi pop song for me (three men fighting over a woman, mesmerised by her eyes).

Tournament hall at last. Bloody queue. I'm not hanging around here while all the pensioners and sorry arses fiddle around with banal questions. Let them get it all out of their systems while I go and have a sausage. Perhaps I can start a Sausage League (a la Gunner and mac in Parra). What sort of weather do you call this anyway? I might as well have caught a flight to London. George spies me lurking away from the action - aha - he's going to welcome me to Adelaide - haven't seen him in 12 months - I decide not to mention the publicity spiel. "Hi Howard! Piss off out of the ground with that bloody smoke. This is a school. Who do you think you are?" Actually he didn't say that at all, but I got the message. And from that moment on, all smokers were destined to leave the grounds for the duration of the ingestion of their filthy habit.

Inside the hall, I located Parker, Renzies, Watson & West. Excellent! And what's this? It's an Eccles! Another one with a hardy mop of thick lustrous hair. Bastard. I was sure he was going to pay out on me a la Dozy (see HADBBAs and Parra). No sign of The Managa though - perhaps a guest appearance later? Was good to meet Gavin Hayden again (after our final round game last year) and Alan Branch (whose son plays) and to whom I got chatting last year.

* Round one. Oh no! Alan's son. There's no upside here.

* Round two. A 73 move tour de force (against Tom Milton - also 5/7) with my second half played surfing the increment with less than 5 minutes on the clock; the box later confirming my position at between +1 and +2. After the game Gavin and I discussed "only an idiot could lose from here" themes. Truly one for the trophy cabinet :wall: Oh well, I dropped a game last year and was fortunate enough to win the gong. Perhaps I could repeat the feat. Ha!

* Round three. White (and equally rated) against eventual (deserving) tournament winner Zachary Searle. Maintained a solid and tactical?! Colle Zukertort with a plus score to move 30 before being outplayed in the endgame. More surfing the increment. More "only an idiot could lose from here".

And that was the ball game. A clean sweep from there on did little for my overall position, my rating or my humour;) It was time to turn my attentions to my colleagues' fortunes - and that proved far more satisfying.

* I had good hopes for Gavin at the end of Day one (3/4), but unfortunately his second day was a tough one.
* Congratulations to Jean (Watto). She punched well above her weight finishing with a creditable 4/7 with a win against Russell Horton on the way through :clap:
* Elliott was also looking good (both on the ladder and his new-found healthy lifestyle) at the end of day one (3/4) and finished above his seeding, joining Trent and myself in the 5s.

Eclectic who had shown great humour (and bravery by entering the open division) was rewarded with the best win of his career over a WIM (reported elsewhere). By no means a lucky win, I enjoyed playing through it with him shortly afterwards. It was difficult to know whether I was more impressed with the quality of his play or his beaming smile which required three ambulances and some industrial solvent to remove. Congratulations Mark :clap: It's always gratifying to see we bunnies bite back!

The Managa never fronted. What's that all about?

The food stall was great - best ever actually. George was a great host. All the behind the scenes (and not so behind the scenes) people were great. Charles and Roland were great. Good on Justin Freytag (who also played) for his generous support. It was all great. Another crackerjack tournament from the Adelaide crew.

I'll leave the open report to someone who knows what they're talking about - except for a note on the lad Smerdon. Great win for a Queenslander eeer Victorian eeeer ACT ... ah forget it. Queenslander! I enjoyed sauntering up and viewing the heady heights. GMs playing chess .... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8! I did spare a moment for Ian Rogers on account of his last (official) tournament being the same fixture last year. Delighted to see him at Ergas Training.

Until next time ... carry on!

Garrett
08-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Good report Gunner.

Enjoyable read.

Almost good enough to be a professional mate.

Cheers
Garrett.

george
08-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi Gunner,

Great report but please see post 1 - I did write 20 minutes walk from CBD:( :)
I will be playing in the tourney next year rather than organising it and as I will play in the Challenger hopefully we will play each other :)

Basil
08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Gunner,

I was looking at this > (first sentence after table)
http://sachess.org/events/2008/FreytagCheckmate.html

george
08-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Gunner,

My apologies , I did write 5 mins in blurb on website but 20 mins here.:(

You can kill me over the board next year:) :)

Basil
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Gunner,

I will be playing in the tourney next year rather than organising it and as I will play in the Challenger hopefully we will play each other :)

I've dispatched a 'Dribbling Hit Squad' from elsewhere to talk to you for 365 days until you've forgotten your middle name (most people don't last the first week).

Seriously, it's all good. Our hotel was great. The family enjoyed being central. No dramas.

ER
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
[B]Freytag 08 - Patzer Division Report - Until next time ... carry on!

You need to edit "an" instead of "and" in the "only an idiot" paragraph! An excellent, witty and typically Dugganesque report! Cheers and good luck!

Metro
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Inside the hall, I located Parker, Renzies, Watson & West. Excellent! And what's this? It's an Eccles! Another one with a hardy mop of thick lustrous hair. Bastard.
He didn't want to boast online.

Eclectic who had shown great humour (and bravery by entering the open division)
He said "What the hell,I've got nothing to lose;)
was rewarded with the best win of his career over a WIM (reported elsewhere). By no means a lucky win, I enjoyed playing through it with him shortly afterwards. It was difficult to know whether I was more impressed with the quality of his play or his beaming smile which required three ambulances and some industrial solvent to remove. Congratulations Mark :clap:

He doesn't mind boasting online about this one and who can blame him?:clap:

Gringo
08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Nice Game, Bazza :pirate:

Basil
08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
BTW - Hi to "ChessMum" who revealed herself to me!!! Didn't realise that I already knew this poster (and had done for some time).

george
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi All,

We have our SACA monthly meeting tonight - Rita will tell us how we went financially. Last year the tourney cost SACA over $3,000 we think it will probably be about $1,000 this year which financially is acceptable.

SACA is prepared to make up any shortfall because the tourney is the one time each year SA players get to play nearly all the best players in Australia.

A BIG thankyou to all the players who entered I hope it was enjoyable!

Of course an enormous thankyou to JUSTIN FREYTAG.

George Howard
President SACA

Rincewind
10-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Freytag 08 - Patzer Division Report - A La Gunner ("Idiot")

Excellent report, Gunner, giving some considerable accompt of what appears to have been a successful tournament for organisers and competitors alike. :clap:

Perhaps if you replaced the t with an n in your division you would be more successful. :)

Ivanchuk_Fan
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if there are games from the Freytag Checkmate Open on the Internet?

Thanks in advance :).

george
10-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi All,

Bill will publish the games on his database (mentioned before) and i will suggest on a games section on SACA website but give him some time.

Charles will write a report which will appear in the ACF Newsletter.

I will let you know here when games are available:)

Kindest Regards

george
10-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi All,

The tourney ended up financially OK and SACA came out making up only a comparative small shortfall which was celebrated (not the shortfall but the tourney).

kindest Regards

Oepty
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Which venue do players prefer, the Adelaide Uni or PAC venue? Please give reasons
Scott

Duff McKagan
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I was surprised to hear how much money the organisers were paying to hire the PAC hall! Personally I prefer the Uni venue as it is warmer and there are more activities (table tennis, movies). PAC was ok.
How about give a small amount money to an Adelaide uni student to help fund a small club so that they can secure the Uni venue for next year? It's got to be better than forking out for a hall.

Miguel
10-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I prefer Adelaide Uni, primarily because the location is more convenient.

george
10-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi All,

Adelaide Uni with all bells and whistles as at PAC was much more expensive ($1,500 more expensive to be precise).

Adelaide Uni has timber floors.

The main issue I think is parking!

Kindest Regards

george
10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi All,

What you pay for is ; hire of hall,analysis rooms ,water tea and coffee provided,dinner,alcohol
(and in case of Adelaide Uni $2,500 for stewards). Also included is setup and takedown of tables/chairs etc.

Not just hall.

Kindest Regards

george
10-07-2008, 11:38 PM
hi All,

How about some other SA folks come and help next year - us people who have been running things here in SA are getting pretty tired. Im giving it away at SA AGM so is probably our Treasurer and Bill has about had enough or at least his workload has to be diminished. As far as I know Peter will continue with interclub.

Roland has other things of urgent attention , Stan is not well , Alan is heavily involved with junior stuff - come on volunteer and get involved in organising or there will be no-one left to organise.

Kindest Regards

Oepty
11-07-2008, 04:11 PM
hi All,

How about some other SA folks come and help next year - us people who have been running things here in SA are getting pretty tired. Im giving it away at SA AGM so is probably our Treasurer and Bill has about had enough or at least his workload has to be diminished. As far as I know Peter will continue with interclub.

Roland has other things of urgent attention , Stan is not well , Alan is heavily involved with junior stuff - come on volunteer and get involved in organising or there will be no-one left to organise.

Kindest Regards

I might be able to help, I am involved in other things as you know but I strongly want the tournament to continue.
Scott

Watto
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi All,

Adelaide Uni with all bells and whistles as at PAC was much more expensive ($1,500 more expensive to be precise).

Adelaide Uni has timber floors.

The main issue I think is parking!

Kindest Regards
For what it's worth I think both venues that I've been to (Adelaide Uni and PAC) are well above average so I’m happy to trust the organisers’ choice on this. This time we didn't have a car and just walked so parking wasn’t an issue for us. This Adelaide weekender is a really excellent, well run tournament. Dinner and music on Saturday night was also much appreciated and great value (beforehand I’d had my doubts about the orchestra to be honest… but ended up really enjoying it!)

So a big thank you to the organisers, especially George, and Justin Freytag.

Cheers,
Jean.

ER
13-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Depends on where you live of course if you are from Adelaide! For me who visits from interstate, (and loving this beautiful city of yours I prefer hotels around the CBD area) both venues are great for as long as u do a bit of homework you can reach both either by walking (Gunner excluded) or a very pleasant bus ride.
The tournament is, no doubt about that, of a very high standard and that is owed to the great and tireless efforts of the organisers. So, let's encourage more volunteers to help, Well, I did my bit by helping to put pieces in bags after the final round. So, I am putting my hand up if there are interstate volunteers needed for next time. I am sure there must be some work for us.
Cheers and good luck!

george
14-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Thankyou Justaknight,

Thanks for your help and it is very much appreciated if other people other than the organisers pack , clean the rooms (analysis rooms could be called something else after our lovely young chessplayers were finished - but we did want juniors :) ) , store and then unpack all the gear at the Chess Centre the day or so after.

So ANY help is much appreciated:clap:

george
23-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

Bill will give a full tourney report with games etc on the SACA website as soon as the analysis is completed.

Photographs etc. will be loaded on the SACA website in the near future.

Kindest regards

William AS
06-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Games from Rounds 1 to 4 now on SACA Website sachess.org

george
07-09-2008, 09:00 PM
hi Bill,Tristrom.

Thx guys for the excellent pix and games on SACA website.

See you guys this Wednesday evening!

Kindest regards:) :clap: