PDA

View Full Version : Explosion in Ultimo this morning.

eclectic
04-02-2008, 09:40 AM
It is likely many of you will now have heard about the explosion in Ultimo Sydney this morning which completely demolished a building on Broadway resulting in the evacuation of 1000 people and which the police are treating as suspicious.

The NetLogistics head office is situated in the building next door so many of its staff had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The ChessChat site is not directly affected as I understand it is hosted at the NetLogistics Brisbane server.

Nethertheless they are our hosts with its Managing Director Karthick Rajendran being this site's owner (skip to my lou).

Service levels being provided by the NetLogistics head office are temporarily downgraded this week in response to this emergency.

We should all wish any affected staff there a speedy recovery and also convey our best wishes to Karthick during this difficult time.

eclectic

Adamski
04-02-2008, 10:33 AM
I didn't realise there was any relationship with CCF. Thanks and I pray for a quick recovery for all affected.

Rincewind
04-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the update Tic.

Best wishes for all those impacted and I hope the cause of the Ultimo incident is determined and reoccurence prevented.

ER
04-02-2008, 01:32 PM
It is likely many of you will now have heard about the explosion in Ultimo Sydney this morning which completely demolished a building on Broadway resulting in the evacuation of 1000 people and which the police are treating as suspicious.

The NetLogistics head office is situated in the building next door so many of its staff had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The ChessChat site is not directly affected as I understand it is hosted at the NetLogistics Brisbane server.

Nethertheless they are our hosts with its Managing Director Karthick Rajendran being this site's owner (skip to my lou).

Service levels being provided by the NetLogistics head office are temporarily downgraded this week in response to this emergency.

We should all wish any affected staff there a speedy recovery and also convey our best wishes to Karthick during this difficult time.

eclectic

Very thoughtful of you Eclectic!
It proves once again your sensitivity in matters that concern all and your possitive attitude towards others.
I join you and all the other members of CCF who send their best wishes to the affected staff and others.
Moreover, I am more than willing to assist financially in case the CCF organises some sort of an appeal.
Cheers and good luck!

Kevin Bonham
04-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I've seen it was a suspected gas explosion. I have very little trust in gas after temporarily losing half an eyebrow to the stuff very many years ago!

Hope all is well and returning to normal at HQ and thanks very much for posting the news - I actually did not know anything about it until I saw this thread!

skip to my lou
01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for their wishes. We've fully recovered from the incident now.