PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Master v SwissPerfect

Phil Bourke
03-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I am considering purchasing Swiss Master.
Am I able to use the ratings lists supplied by ACF in the same manner as SwissPerfect?
Can I submit tournament results directly from Swiss Master as we do with SwissPerfect?
Is Swiss Master that much better that it justifies the expense of having it?
If you have further information that you feel is relevant, I welcome your input into my decision making process.

Bill Gletsos
03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I am considering purchasing Swiss Master.
Am I able to use the ratings lists supplied by ACF in the same manner as SwissPerfect?I dont believe so.

Can I submit tournament results directly from Swiss Master as we do with SwissPerfect?No.

Is Swiss Master that much better that it justifies the expense of having it?Possibly not for club events.

Phil Bourke
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I dont believe so.
No.
Possibly not for club events.
Thank you. Just saved me 50 Euros :)

Garvinator
05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Thank you. Just saved me 50 Euros :)
Hello Phil,

If the acf was to adopt SM5 as its recommended program, then I would imagine that the ability to import names, id's etc would change to being possible.

It is currently possible to import fide names, ratings etc into SM5 in a simple manner from the text file, so I believe it would be possible from the acf master list text file. I havent been able to work out how yet, maybe someone can help with this matter :) Would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Garvin

Phil Bourke
05-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Hello Phil,

If the acf was to adopt SM5 as its recommended program, then I would imagine that the ability to import names, id's etc would change to being possible.

It is currently possible to import fide names, ratings etc into SM5 in a simple manner from the text file, so I believe it would be possible from the acf master list text file. I havent been able to work out how yet, maybe someone can help with this matter :) Would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Garvin
1) What are the chances that the ACF will make the move to Swiss Master?
2) I tried working out the mapping required (only a trial version of SM) but found it beyond me, so much help is required in that area :)
As to the first question, I would have thought that a move to another program should be imminent as errors with SP are clearly identified. This raises the question, has anyone tried its successor Team League, I note that they have retained the chess parts and advertise the ability to use SP files. That transition may be an easier option.

Bill Gletsos
05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
This raises the question, has anyone tried its successor Team League,You mean LeagueWatch. In my opinion its is one of the most user unfriendly programs I have come across.

I note that they have retained the chess parts and advertise the ability to use SP files.All that means is you can convert existing SP files to LeagueWatch format.

That transition may be an easier option.In my opinion you would be mistaken. ;)

Phil Bourke
06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
In my opinion you would be mistaken. ;)
Would not be the first time, nor will it be the last :) But it is nice to know that someone has had a look at it.
Any answer on the possibility of the ACF 'switching' to SwissMaster or another pairing program?