PDA

View Full Version : Qld Team Championship 2007

Desmond
31-10-2007, 07:12 PM
QLD TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
SENIOR & JUNIOR 2007

This special and important CAQ fixture is now in its 6th year.

Certainly the most entertaining event on the CAQ calendar, the QTC offers
clubs the opportunity to fight hard and fair for boasting rights for the next 12 months.

It's a great way to end the year, and as always, a chance to prove that ratings aren't everything.

This year sees an extra section being added. It is for clubs that find it difficult to field an eight player team, but can manage four players.

In Section 3, If a club has not fielded a team in section 1, their section 3 team must have an average rating under 1600. If they have fielded a section 1 team, board one for Section 3 must be rated lower than their Section 1 board eight.

Clubs are strongly urged to participate with the prospect of board prizes for all, and colour coded attire to enhance team spirit.

PROVISIONAL COLOURS
Brisbane : Dark Blue
Bullwinkle : Black
Gold Coast : Yellow
Logan : Light Blue
Redcliffe : Red
Suncoast : White
The Gap : Green

FORMAT
Section 1- Senior [18+] 8 boards
Section 2- Junior [17-] 4 boards
Section 3- Senior [18+] 4 boards
20 minutes per player plus
10 seconds per move from move one.
Perpetual trophy for Section 1 Senior Champion
Trophies for board winners.

VENUE
Sunday 9th December
Logan City Chess Club
Springwood High School
Dennis Road, Springwood

TIMES
Welcome: 9:50am
Round 1: 10am

PAYMENT
Entry Fee per Team Enclosed:
Section 1- $80 per team
Section 2- $40 per team
Section 3- $40 per team
Postam address: PO Box 5014, Mt Gravatt East QLD 4122

ENQUIRIES
Garvin Gray 0422 99 30 62
garvingray@optusnet.com.au

ELIGIBILITY, CONDITIONS & NOTES
1. Players must be CAQ members
2. Players must be members of the club they are playing for.
3. This is a non rated event.
4. Teams are requested to respect the rules
and the spirit of the tournament.
5. Clubs may enter multiple teams
6. Seniors must play in ACF classical/normal rating order
7. Time controls subject to change, dependant on entries.
8. Weaker teams are encouraged to participate.
9. Entries will not be accepted on the day.
Get your entries in by Saturday 8th December,
with the full list of players.

Garrett
01-11-2007, 06:57 AM
go Logan !!

Capablanca-Fan
01-11-2007, 12:45 PM
go Logan !!
Do you play there?

Garrett
01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
sorry Jono

Sometime ago I asked for my handle to be changed but it didn't happen so I started another user name.

My former handle was GeorgeL and yes, I have played at Logan in the past.

It was my understanding that hydras were allowed as long I was in good stead with the Modrons.

Cheers
George.

Capablanca-Fan
02-11-2007, 08:24 AM
sorry Jono

Sometime ago I asked for my handle to be changed but it didn't happen so I started another user name.

My former handle was GeorgeL and yes, I have played at Logan in the past.

It was my understanding that hydras were allowed as long I was in good stead with the Modrons.

Cheers
George.
Thanx George. Seems to be nothing violating the spirit of the law, since you're open about who you are.

Logan could be quite strong in this year's teams champs if we have last year's strength plus Felix Klein (2200+) who is playing regularly on club nights, Abylkassov who beat Moulthun in the Interclub and had a fair score otherwise, and yourself.

Garvinator
02-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Logan could be quite strong in this year's teams champs if we have last year's strength plus Felix Klein (2200+) who is playing regularly on club nights, Abylkassov who beat Moulthun in the Interclub and had a fair score otherwise, and yourself.
It will most likely be a repeat of Qld Interclub, except that the strength of the lower boards will most likely be the determining factor, becuase that is the difference with Qld Interclub.

Capablanca-Fan
02-11-2007, 10:29 AM
It will most likely be a repeat of Qld Interclub, except that the strength of the lower boards will most likely be the determining factor, becuase that is the difference with Qld Interclub.
Then a full-strength "Kings of Chess" will be hard to match.

Garvinator
02-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Then a full-strength "Kings of Chess" will be hard to match.
Antic, Froehlich, Ly, Mastolivich, Wongwichit, Kimura and then who else?

Solomon, Klein, Sarfati and who would be likely?

Schmaltz, Humphrey, Edwards then whom?

Capablanca-Fan
02-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Antic, Froehlich, Ly, Mastolivich, Wongwichit, Kimura and then who else?
Since they won the second group as well, they likely have depth below that, e.g. Nakauchi, Jule.

Solomon, Klein, Sarfati and who would be likely?Abylkassov, Evlachkov, Lester (?), Ritchie, Wycha, Surridge.

Schmaltz, Humphrey, Edwards then whom?
Good question. If the Smurf were in town, they would try to recruit him. Oh, probably Craig Stewart, who did well in the Surfers Paradise Open recently.

Basil
02-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Takes this opportunity to remind all clubs of the spirit of the event (as deemed by its creator and lord :eek:). Teams are to be made up of legitimate (CAQ affiliated) clubs and their respective (legitimate) members.

Presenting a team of players on the day who've never set foot in the home club, let alone can put their hands on their hearts and claim to be club members is wrong.

This runs contrary to the very id of the Teams Champs concept - and adherence to the spirit is vital to the events future. Conversely, I can't think of a quicker way to ruin a flag-ship event that IMO is better than anything (in its class) anywhere in the country.

Please note, I am not commenting on the Logan team - I am flexing my puny muscles coz I'd genuinely hate to see the event ruined coz of 'no Howard presence'.

Garrett
02-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanx George. Seems to be nothing violating the spirit of the law, since you're open about who you are.

Yes Jono, I am available for Logan if selected. I plan to be back playing for in time for the November weekender.

For any interested party, I have quite often played at Logan chess club, and participated in the club champs this year. I don't think Logan has official memberships though ? We just chuck in a few dollars each night.

Basil
02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't think Logan has official memberships though ? We just chuck in a few dollars each night.
FWIW, that's all good. There are clubs that don't have a particularly tight membership structure - which is fine. A good guideline for team organisers (and CAQ event arbiter ;)) is to ascertain which club was nominated by the player on their CAQ annual membership form. Few can argue with the simplicity and integrity of that.

Garrett
02-11-2007, 02:34 PM
FWIW, that's all good. There are clubs that don't have a particularly tight membership structure - which is fine. A good guideline for team organisers (and CAQ event arbiter ;)) is to ascertain which club was nominated by the player on their CAQ annual membership form. Few can argue with the simplicity and integrity of that.

Yes, but these things fall out of date. In the QTC last year I played for Brisbane but had to contact the membership secretary a few days before the QTC as my club was listed as'Associate'.

I am sure that if any club want to play a certain player they can do likewise and just contact the membership secretary to effect the change.

Actually, come to speak of it, did Brisbane's board 1 from last year have 'Brisbane' noted on his membership form ? I can remember a kerfuffle from another thread where this gentlemen declined to join the CAQ when playing in a 'freebie' club tournament.

Basil
02-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes, but these things fall out of date.
Yes they do. And as long as propriety is in play, noone can have any cause for complaint. If you, for instance, are genuinely of the opinion that your primary club for the next 12 months will be Logan, then that, as Seinfeld says "is an episode" ;) It's all good.

In the QTC last year I played for Brisbane but had to contact the membership secretary a few days before the QTC as my club was listed as 'Associate'.

I am sure that if any club want to play a certain player they can do likewise and just contact the membership secretary to effect the change.
Same answer as above. The thing is all about the spirit of the event.

Actually, come to speak of it, did Brisbane's board 1 from last year have 'Brisbane' noted on his membership form? I can remember a kerfuffle from another thread where this gentlemen declined to join the CAQ when playing in a 'freebie' club tournament.
Last year was my first year 'out of it'. I had resigned (as preso and organiser) just a few weeks before the event. I do recall that in the (ugly) mayhem that followed (including some duck-shoving) leaving Boris (the Secy/ Treasurer) to fulfill the role, there might might have been gaps all over the shop- I really don't know.

I can't even recall who was Board #1 for Brisbane. It's all on the record, so please name him and (as VP of Brisbane) I might be able to tell you whether he/ she was eligible.

What's for sure is:
1) Last year was not at all ideal (sans moi)
2) Naturally all rules apply to all teams equally.

Except Bullwinkle :doh: :uhoh: :wall: :hmm: :P

Garrett
02-11-2007, 03:02 PM
From memory Brisbane's batting order last year was,

Mike Corner
Pat Byrom
Brian Thomas
Vince Barwinski
George Lester
John Alkin
Louay Al-Zaher
Howard

Basil
02-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I think Mike did play (not 100% though). Mike C was definitely not a member of the BCC last year. He certainly had been at one point but certainly wasn't playing at any other club.

In any event, your observation is valid and these are the sorts of things that require constant vigilance - else the event descends into a self-destructive self-serving clamour for players on tenuous reasons (that another state has recently experienced) and leaves nothing but an odorous death-knell hanging over its future.

Capablanca-Fan
02-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Solo has played in some tournaments and internal team matches at Logan, and is fairly well established as one of our team in Interclub. His main chess is in strong tourneys, but AFAIK when he does play club chess, it's at Logan.
I have been club captain for years, and have never been a member of another club in Briz, so I don't think my genuineness as a Logan player is in question ;)
Felix Klein is a regular during the year he is here as an exchange student from Aachen. He played for us in one Interclub game not long after he arrived. I don't think he plays for anyone else.
Abykassov was a strong regular at Logan when he immigrated here from Kazakhstan. Then he moved to Mackay for work for a few years, and returned this year.
Evlachkov was impressive in a friendly match where he played for the Brisbane City Council team against Logan. So Oleg talked him into playing at Logan. Like Abylkassov, family commitments means that he can't come regularly to the club.
Oleg Korenevsky plays at Logan most club nights, and played for us in the QLD interclub one-dayer as well as the match.
Garrett played in our Club Champs as well as some other tourneys and internal club matches, as well as in the QLD Interclub.
Jim Ritchie, Joe Wycha and John Surridge have been undisputed Logan players for years. Jim was president for years, Joe has had committee roles and convened a chess study group, while John is current president.

Aaron Guthrie
02-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Takes this opportunity to remind all clubs of the spirit of the event (as deemed by its creator and lord :eek:). Teams are to be made up of legitimate (CAQ affiliated) clubs and their respective (legitimate) members.

Presenting a team of players on the day who've never set foot in the home club, let alone can put their hands on their hearts and claim to be club members is wrong.

This runs contrary to the very id of the Teams Champs concept - and adherence to the spirit is vital to the events future. Conversely, I can't think of a quicker way to ruin a flag-ship event that IMO is better than anything (in its class) anywhere in the country.

Please note, I am not commenting on the Logan team - I am flexing my puny muscles coz I'd genuinely hate to see the event ruined coz of 'no Howard presence'.That ain't how we run our interclub down here. For example, one player I know has never been a member of any club (in your sense), and yet has played for just about every club.

Basil
02-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Solo has played in some tournaments and internal team matches at Logan, and is fairly well established as one of our team in Interclub. His main chess is in strong tourneys, but AFAIK when he does play club chess, it's at Logan.
I have been club captain for years, and have never been a member of another club in Briz, so I don't think my genuineness as a Logan player is in question ;)
Felix Klein is a regular during the year he is here as an exchange student from Aachen. He played for us in one Interclub game not long after he arrived. I don't think he plays for anyone else.
Abykassov was a strong regular at Logan when he immigrated here from Kazakhstan. Then he moved to Mackay for work for a few years, and returned this year.
Evlachkov was impressive in a friendly match where he played for the Brisbane City Council team against Logan. So Oleg talked him into playing at Logan. Like Abylkassov, family commitments means that he can't come regularly to the club.
Garrett played in our Club Champs as well as some other tourneys and internal club matches.
Jim Ritchie, Joe Wycha and John Surridge have been undisputed Logan players for years. Jim was president for years, Joe has had committee roles and convened a chess study group, while John is current president.

Them looks like good eligibility credentials to me.

Another defining criterion (on top of what is on the CAQ app) would be 'could another club hypothetically make a stronger claim to ownership of that player?' (regardless of whether that other club is participating in the Teams Champ). If the answer is 'no', then this criterion could also be used as currency to support a player's eligibility.

Basil
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
That ain't how we run our interclub down here. For example, one player I know has never been a member of any club (in your sense), and yet has played for just about every club.

Give me 'W'!

W _ _ _ _

Anyone wanna play hangman?

Aaron Guthrie
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Give me 'W'!

W _ _ _ _

Anyone wanna play hangman?You were supposed to ask who this scoundrel is.

Basil
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
You were supposed to ask who this scoundrel is.
Give me an 'A'? ;)

Aaron Guthrie
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Who is this scoundrel?Well, I'm reluctant to reveal his name directly. What I can say is that the word on the street he is a handsome, charming fellow, who has a crocodile as an avatar on an Australian chess forum.

Garrett
03-11-2007, 08:31 AM
post deleted (by poster).

Desmond
08-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Last year was my first year 'out of it'. I had resigned (as preso and organiser) just a few weeks before the event. I do recall that in the (ugly) mayhem that followed (including some duck-shoving) leaving Boris (the Secy/ Treasurer) to fulfill the role, there might might have been gaps all over the shop- I really don't know.
Indeed. There were even gaps where The Gap should have been! :whistle:

PS I was Asst Sec actually at that time.

Garvinator
08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Indeed. There were even gaps where The Gap should have been! :whistle:
The Gap could not even field a team when it was held at their venue :eek:

CameronD
08-11-2007, 11:51 PM
The Gap are always going to struggle to find 8 players to play.
And given the clubs strength, there's no incentive to play either, since they would be underdogs by 300-500 points on each board.
The club is a lot more social based than surrounding clubs.

Garvinator
08-11-2007, 11:59 PM
The Gap are always going to struggle to find 8 players to play.
And given the clubs strength, there's no incentive to play either, since they would be underdogs by 300-500 points on each board.
The club is a lot more social based than surrounding clubs.
This year they can enter a side in the four board adult division.

CameronD
09-11-2007, 12:00 AM
This year they can enter a side in the four board adult division.

I hope they do, a lot of their players aren't available on sundays for many reasons.

Garvinator
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
I hope they do, a lot of their players aren't available on sundays for many reasons.
If their players really wanted to play, I am sure they would find a way.

Desmond
09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I hope they do, a lot of their players aren't available on sundays for many reasons.A lot of their players don't seem to have been available much on Fridays lately either.

Garvinator
09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
A lot of their players don't seem to have been available much on Fridays lately either.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle:

Desmond
01-12-2007, 09:08 PM
1 week to go. Remember entries are not accepted on the day.

Capablanca-Fan
08-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Who is in it so far?

Garvinator
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Who is in it so far?
Section 1:

In no particular order, drawing of lots tomorrow:

Logan
Bullwinkle
Redcliffe
Gold Coast
Kings of Chess
Brisbane

Section 2 (juniors)

Gold Coast A
Gold Coast B
Gold Coast C
Gold Coast D
Southside
Brisbane
Bardon
Kings of Chess

Section 3 (adults under 1600)

Brisbane
Logan
Bullwinkle

Garrett
09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Good luck to all the teams today.

Nice to see 6 teams in the main division (up from 5 from last year).

Good to see 3 teams in the new division.

Not sure but I think the number of junior teams has increased a bit as well.

Well done everybody.

Desmond
09-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks George. I think we're going to need it.

Garrett
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Boris - I looked at the teams yesterday. Redcliffe wont come last. I eagerly await the result of the Brisbane - Redcliffe clash - should be a hum-dinger.

Capablanca-Fan
09-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Two games from memory
Thomas,B (Redcliffe)- Sarfati,J (Logan)
[A58]
QLD Teams Round 1, Board 2

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 c5 3.d5 b5 4.cxb5 a6 5.Nc3 axb5 6.Nxb5 Ba6 7.Nc3 g6 8.Nf3 Bg7 9.g3 d6 10.Bg2 Nbd7 11.0-0 Nb6 12.Re1 0-0 13.e4 Nc4 14.Bf1 Nd7 15.Qc2 Qa5 16.Nd2 Na3 17.Qb3 Rfb8 18.Qxa3 Qxa3 19.bxa3 Bxc3 20.Rb1 Rxb1 (21.Nxb1 Bxe1) 0-1

Edwards,J - Sarfati,J [A45]
QLD Teams Round 4, Board 2

1.d4 Nf6 2.Bg5 Ne4 3.Bf4 d5 4.Nd2 Bf5 5.c3 c5?! (I overlooked that this would lose a P) 6.Nxe4 Bxe4 7.Bxb8 Rxb8 8.Qa4+ b5 9.Qxa7 cxd4 10.Qxd4 f6 11.f3 (11.e3 is safer, then a3) 11...e5 12.Qd2 Bg6 13.Rd1 Bf7 14.e4 Qb6 (Black must gambit another P, but now White must watch the dark squares and can't castle. It's another thing to prove that Black has enough for the pawns though.) 15.exd5 Bc5 16.Nh3 0-0 17.Bd3 Rfd8 18.Be4 g6 19.g4 b4 20.Nf2 Be3 21.Qc2 bxc3 22.bxc3 Rbc8 23.Rd3 Rc4 24.Nd1 Bf4 25.Kf1 Rc5 26.h4 Ra8 27.h5 g5 28.c4 Rca5 29.Bxh7+ Kh8 30.Rb3 Qc5 31.Bg6 Rxa2 32.Qd3 (32.Qf5 is the line I was worried about but Fritz says Black is winning after 32...Qxc4+ 33.Rd3 R8a6; but simply 32.Rb2± is the end of Black's tricks) 32...Rd2 33.Qb1 Qxc4+ 34.Bd3 Qc7 35.Rb7? Rxd1+ 36.Qxd1 Qxb7 37.d6 Qd5 38.Bc2 Ra1! 39.Qxa1 Qxf3+ 40.Kg1 Qg3+ (41.Kf1 Bc4+ 42.Bd3 Bxd3#) 0-1

Garrett
09-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks Jono, a couple of interesting games.

Anyone know which team won ? Any results ?

Desmond
09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Kings of Chess won by a country mile.

Then Logan, Brisbane, Redcliffe, Bullwinkle all within a few points of each other (not sure of order there). Gold Coast was a fair was behind the pack.

Garvinator
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Rank Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 Pts. MP
1 KINGS OF CHESS * 5½ 6 5 6½ 7½ 30½ 10
2 BULLWINKLE 2½ * 3½ 5 4½ 7½ 23 6
3 REDCLIFFE 2 4½ * 2½ 5 8 22 6
4 BRISBANE 3 3 5½ * 3½ 6 21 4
5 LOGAN 1½ 3½ 3 4½ * 7 19½ 4
6 GOLD COAST ½ ½ 0 2 1 * 4 0

Garrett
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
okay thanks Boris, Garvo.

Congrats to Kings of Chess.

Well done to everyone who played.

Garvinator
09-12-2007, 08:07 PM
1.1 LOGAN 3 - 5 REDCLIFFE

1 SOLOMON Stephen 2429 1 : 0 TRUSCOTT Tony 1912
2 SARFATI Jonathon 2232 1 : 0 THOMAS Brian 1896
3 KORENEVSKI Oleg 1676 1 : 0 MYERS John 1857
4 RITCHIE Jim 1583 0 : 1 WELLER Tony 1762
5 AMBATALI Ric 1548 0 : 1 TEKI Elwyn 1721
6 WYCHA Josef 1413 0 : 1 STOKES Mark 1647
7 CRISTUTA Roy 1377 0 : 1 HUNTER Shayne 1587
8 CIGELJ David 1230 0 : 1 BIELENBERG Nathaniel 1558

1.2 GOLD COAST 2 - 6 BRISBANE

1 KUNZE Nicole 1983 0 : 1 CORNER Michael 2144
2 ESMONDE David 1613 0 : 1 BYROM Patrick 1979
3 SRETENOVIC Lazar 1427 1 : 0 BAILEY Cameron 1848
4 STAHNKE Axel 1393 0 : 1 AL ZAHER Louay 1687
5 MULLER Hans 1303 0 : 1 ALKIN John 1631
6 BENDER Peter 1227 0 : 1 WALKER Tyson 1602
7 HARON Peter 1213 0 : 1 BARWINSKI Vince 1559
8 RINGROSE Kyle 1066 1 : 0 DUGGAN Howard 1524

1.3 KINGS OF CHESS 5 - 2 BULLWINKLE

1 ANTIC Dejan 2490 1 : 0 HUMPHREY Jonathon 2232
2 FROEHLICH Peter 2352 1 : 0 EDWARDS Jacob 2082
3 MASTILOVIC Rajko 2128 1 : 0 DAVIDOVICI Victor 1832
4 WONGWICHIT Phachara 1949 : DAVIDOVICI Michael 1804
5 LOVEJOY David 1843 1 : 0 NATAPRAWIRA Halim 1697
6 CHELEBICHANIN Nenad 1629 0 : 1 WILLIAMS Bruce 1685
7 RADOVAN Peter 1505 0 : 1 VAN PELT Michael 1679
8 KARIBASIC Amir 1427 1 : 0 HARDY Chris 1613

2.1 REDCLIFFE 4 - 3 BULLWINKLE

1 TRUSCOTT Tony 1912 0 : 1 HUMPHREY Jonathon 2232
2 THOMAS Brian 1896 0 : 1 EDWARDS Jacob 2082
3 MYERS John 1857 : DAVIDOVICI Victor 1832
4 WELLER Tony 1762 1 : 0 DAVIDOVICI Michael 1804
5 TEKI Elwyn 1721 0 : 1 NATAPRAWIRA Halim 1697
6 STOKES Mark 1647 1 : 0 WILLIAMS Bruce 1685
7 HUNTER Shayne 1587 1 : 0 VAN PELT Michael 1679
8 BIELENBERG Nathaniel 1558 1 : 0 HARDY Chris 1613

2.2 BRISBANE 3 - 5 KINGS OF CHESS

1 CORNER Michael 2144 0 : 1 ANTIC Dejan 2490
2 BYROM Patrick 1979 0 : 1 FROEHLICH Peter 2352
3 BAILEY Cameron 1848 0 : 1 MASTILOVIC Rajko 2128
4 AL ZAHER Louay 1687 0 : 1 WONGWICHIT Phachara 1949
5 ALKIN John 1631 0 : 1 LOVEJOY David 1843
6 WALKER Tyson 1602 1 : 0 CHELEBICHANIN Nenad 1629
7 BARWINSKI Vince 1559 1 : 0 RADOVAN Peter 1505
8 DUGGAN Howard 1524 1 : 0 KARIBASIC Amir 1427

2.3 LOGAN 7 - 1 GOLD COAST

1 SOLOMON Stephen 2429 1 : 0 KUNZE Nicole 1983
2 SARFATI Jonathon 2232 1 : 0 ESMONDE David 1613
3 KORENEVSKI Oleg 1676 1 : 0 SRETENOVIC Lazar 1427
4 RITCHIE Jim 1583 1 : 0 STAHNKE Axel 1393
5 AMBATALI Ric 1548 0 : 1 MULLER Hans 1303
6 WYCHA Josef 1413 1 : 0 BENDER Peter 1227
7 CRISTUTA Roy 1377 1 : 0 HARON Peter 1213
8 CIGELJ David 1230 1 : 0 RINGROSE Kyle 1066

3.1 GOLD COAST 0 - 8 REDCLIFFE

1 KUNZE Nicole 1983 0 : 1 TRUSCOTT Tony 1912
2 ESMONDE David 1613 0 : 1 THOMAS Brian 1896
3 SRETENOVIC Lazar 1427 0 : 1 MYERS John 1857
4 STAHNKE Axel 1393 0 : 1 WELLER Tony 1762
5 MULLER Hans 1303 0 : 1 TEKI Elwyn 1721
6 BENDER Peter 1227 0 : 1 STOKES Mark 1647
7 HARON Peter 1213 0 : 1 HUNTER Shayne 1587
8 RINGROSE Kyle 1066 0 : 1 BIELENBERG Nathaniel 1558

3.2 KINGS OF CHESS 6 - 1 LOGAN

1 ANTIC Dejan 2490 : SOLOMON Stephen 2429
2 FROEHLICH Peter 2352 1 : 0 SARFATI Jonathon 2232
3 MASTILOVIC Rajko 2128 1 : 0 KORENEVSKI Oleg 1676
4 WONGWICHIT Phachara 1949 1 : 0 RITCHIE Jim 1583
5 LOVEJOY David 1843 1 : 0 AMBATALI Ric 1548
6 CHELEBICHANIN Nenad 1629 1 : 0 WYCHA Josef 1413
7 RADOVAN Peter 1505 0 : 1 CRISTUTA Roy 1377
8 KARIBASIC Amir 1427 1 : 0 CIGELJ David 1230

3.3 BULLWINKLE 5 - 3 BRISBANE

1 HUMPHREY Jonathon 2232 1 : 0 CORNER Michael 2144
2 EDWARDS Jacob 2082 : BYROM Patrick 1979
3 DAVIDOVICI Victor 1832 : BAILEY Cameron 1848
4 DAVIDOVICI Michael 1804 0 : 1 AL ZAHER Louay 1687
5 NATAPRAWIRA Halim 1697 1 : 0 ALKIN John 1631
6 WILLIAMS Bruce 1685 : WALKER Tyson 1602
7 VAN PELT Michael 1679 : BARWINSKI Vince 1559
8 HARDY Chris 1613 1 : 0 DUGGAN Howard 1524

4.1 REDCLIFFE 2 - 5 BRISBANE

1 TRUSCOTT Tony 1912 : CORNER Michael 2144
2 THOMAS Brian 1896 : BYROM Patrick 1979
3 MYERS John 1857 0 : 1 BAILEY Cameron 1848
4 WELLER Tony 1762 1 : 0 AL ZAHER Louay 1687
5 TEKI Elwyn 1721 0 : 1 ALKIN John 1631
6 STOKES Mark 1647 0 : 1 WALKER Tyson 1602
7 HUNTER Shayne 1587 : BARWINSKI Vince 1559
8 BIELENBERG Nathaniel 1558 0 : 1 DUGGAN Howard 1524

4.2 LOGAN 3 - 4 BULLWINKLE

1 SOLOMON Stephen 2429 1 : 0 HUMPHREY Jonathon 2232
2 SARFATI Jonathon 2232 1 : 0 EDWARDS Jacob 2082
3 KORENEVSKI Oleg 1676 0 : 1 DAVIDOVICI Victor 1832
4 RITCHIE Jim 1583 0 : 1 DAVIDOVICI Michael 1804
5 AMBATALI Ric 1548 1 : 0 NATAPRAWIRA Halim 1697
6 WYCHA Josef 1413 0 : 1 WILLIAMS Bruce 1685
7 CRISTUTA Roy 1377 : VAN PELT Michael 1679
8 CIGELJ David 1230 0 : 1 HARDY Chris 1613

4.3 GOLD COAST - 7 KINGS OF CHESS

1 KUNZE Nicole 1983 0 : 1 ANTIC Dejan 2490
2 ESMONDE David 1613 0 : 1 FROEHLICH Peter 2352
3 SRETENOVIC Lazar 1427 : MASTILOVIC Rajko 2128
4 STAHNKE Axel 1393 0 : 1 WONGWICHIT Phachara 1949
5 MULLER Hans 1303 0 : 1 LOVEJOY David 1843
6 BENDER Peter 1227 0 : 1 CHELEBICHANIN Nenad 1629
7 RINGROSE Kyle 1066 0 : 1 RADOVAN Peter 1505
8 HARON Peter 1213 0 : 1 KARIBASIC Amir 1427

5.1 KINGS OF CHESS 6 - 2 REDCLIFFE

1 ANTIC Dejan 2490 1 : 0 TRUSCOTT Tony 1912
2 FROEHLICH Peter 2352 1 : 0 THOMAS Brian 1896
3 MASTILOVIC Rajko 2128 1 : 0 MYERS John 1857
4 WONGWICHIT Phachara 1949 0 : 1 WELLER Tony 1762
5 LOVEJOY David 1843 1 : 0 TEKI Elwyn 1721
6 CHELEBICHANIN Nenad 1629 1 : 0 STOKES Mark 1647
7 RADOVAN Peter 1505 0 : 1 HUNTER Shayne 1587
8 KARIBASIC Amir 1427 1 : 0 BIELENBERG Nathaniel 1558

5.2 BULLWINKLE 7 - GOLD COAST

1 EDWARDS Jacob 2082 : KUNZE Nicole 1983
2 DAVIDOVICI Victor 1832 1 : 0 ESMONDE David 1613
3 DAVIDOVICI Michael 1804 1 : 0 SRETENOVIC Lazar 1427
4 NATAPRAWIRA Halim 1697 1 : 0 STAHNKE Axel 1393
5 WILLIAMS Bruce 1685 1 : 0 MULLER Hans 1303
6 VAN PELT Michael 1679 1 : 0 BENDER Peter 1227
7 HARDY Chris 1613 1 : 0 HARON Peter 1213
8 STEWART Craig 1535 1 : 0 RINGROSE Kyle 1066

5.3 BRISBANE 3 - 4 LOGAN

1 CORNER Michael 2144 0 : 1 SOLOMON Stephen 2429
2 BYROM Patrick 1979 0 : 1 SARFATI Jonathon 2232
3 BAILEY Cameron 1848 1 : 0 KORENEVSKI Oleg 1676
4 AL ZAHER Louay 1687 1 : 0 RITCHIE Jim 1583
5 ALKIN John 1631 : AMBATALI Ric 1548
6 WALKER Tyson 1602 0 : 1 WYCHA Josef 1413
7 BARWINSKI Vince 1559 1 : 0 CRISTUTA Roy 1377
8 DUGGAN Howard 1524 0 : 1 CIGELJ David 1230

Garvinator
09-12-2007, 08:13 PM
No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5

1 GOLD COAST B 1569 16.5 4: 4.0 3: 2.0 2: 2.5 7: 4.0 8: 4.0
2 GOLD COAST A 1770 14.5 5: 3.0 7: 4.0 1: 1.5 3: 2.0 6: 4.0
3 KINGS OF CHESS 1702 12.5 8: 3.0 1: 2.0 5: 3.0 2: 2.0 7: 2.5
4 SOUTHSIDE 1186 10.0 1: 0.0 6: 3.5 7: 2.0 8: 3.0 5: 1.5
5 BRISBANE 1322 9.5 2: 1.0 8: 3.0 3: 1.0 6: 2.0 4: 2.5
6 GOLD COAST D 1180 7.5 7: 1.0 4: 0.5 8: 4.0 5: 2.0 2: 0.0
7 GOLD COAST C 1350 6.5 6: 3.0 2: 0.0 4: 2.0 1: 0.0 3: 1.5
8 BARDON 1218 3.0 3: 1.0 5: 1.0 6: 0.0 4: 1.0 1: 0.0

Garvinator
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I will have results up later tonight for boards of the juniors.

Garvinator
09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Three teams entered. Bullwinkle, Logan and Brisbane.

Bullwinkle won with 11.5/16. Logan second and Brisbane third.

Capablanca-Fan
09-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Rank Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 Pts. MP
1 KINGS OF CHESS * 5½ 6 5 6½ 7½ 30½ 10
2 BULLWINKLE 2½ * 3½ 5 4½ 7½ 23 6
3 REDCLIFFE 2 4½ * 2½ 5 8 22 6
4 BRISBANE 3 3 5½ * 3½ 6 21 4
5 LOGAN 1½ 3½ 3 4½ * 7 19½ 4
6 GOLD COAST ½ ½ 0 2 1 * 4 0
Yeah, the Kings were very strong almost everywhere, Logan strong mainly at the top (almost 600 Elo points between boards 2 and 3), Redcliffe and Brisbane had good depth, Bullwinkle always dangerous, and Gold Coast had good spirit.

Garvinator
10-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Full results for QTC Adults division here:

http://chess-results.com/tnr9177.aspx?ix=1&art=1&lan=1&mm=1&m=5&turdet=YES

Garvinator
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Swiss manager used for QTC Adults. Licence for program courtesy of Australian Chess Enterprises.

Thanks to ACE :clap: :clap:

Desmond
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Full results for QTC Adults division here:

http://chess-results.com/tnr9177.aspx?ix=1&art=1&lan=1&mm=1&m=5&turdet=YES
Thanks Garvin, but it really has to be said that the performance rating calculations are horrible.

Garvinator
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Garvin, but it really has to be said that the performance rating calculations are horrible.
If they are performance rating calculation, then I agree. But I believe they are average rating of opponent calculations.

Desmond
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
If they are performance rating calculation, then I agree. But I believe they are average rating of opponent calculations.
The field is called "Ratingperformance" :hmm:

Garvinator
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
The field is called "Ratingperformance" :hmm:
It does :hmm:

I am looking at this page:

http://chess-results.com/tnr9177.aspx?tnr=9177&art=1&lan=1&turdet=NO&mm=1&m=5

and it says Rating Average in the final column.

Am I looking at the same page you are? If not, can you provide the link that you are looking at?

I thought I was careful not to supply rating performance as the rating Swiss Manager was providing was worthless and also I am not sure how Swiss Manager would calculate RatingP.

Desmond
11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Take your pick; any player page:

Like Jono's (http://chess-results.com/tnr9177.aspx?tnr=9177&art=9&lan=1&turdet=YES&mm=1&m=5&snr=9) for example.

Garvinator
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM

Like Jono's (http://chess-results.com/tnr9177.aspx?tnr=9177&art=9&lan=1&turdet=YES&mm=1&m=5&snr=9) for example.
Ahh ok. I now see where this comes from in Swiss Manager. Yes those ratings are meaningless.

Capablanca-Fan
13-12-2007, 01:10 PM

Heh, from an 80% score against an average field of 2020.4, my performance was apparently 1640 rather than my amateurish calculation of 2260 :confused:

Garrett
13-12-2007, 01:26 PM
yes but the bright side is your performance needs to drop well below 1000 before anyone questions your FM title.