PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Euro 2004?

Machiavelli
14-06-2004, 12:45 AM
So, as the Socceroos embark on their titanic campaign against the Solomon Islands, a real soccer tournament is taking place on the opposite side of the world. Already, the highly favoured Portugal have suffered a shock loss to tournament minnows Greece. This morning sees what must be the match of the tournament thus far when England take on France.

So, who are people picking for Euro 2004? Will England rise up from their "perennial loser" status? Does anyone care?

Brian_Jones
14-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Looks like France are favourites now that Zinadine has woke up!

shaun
14-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Looks like France are favourites now that Zinadine has woke up!

The replay of France-England is on Fox Sports as I post this. The 90th minute is coming up with England leading 1-0. Surely they can't choke from here ....
:) :) :) :)

JGB
14-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Watching the game last night in a mates pub here in Germany last night and what can I say? I don't think the English will ever win anything in football again. Sad but sometime I wonder if all the English fans are traveling for the football or just the beer and sunshine.

Duff McKagan
14-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Smart money is on Germany

Alan Shore
15-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Smart money is on Germany

Yeah, I might bowl on down to the TAB and put something on Germany - pretty good odds.

JGB
15-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I might bowl on down to the TAB and put something on Germany - pretty good odds.

Dunno mate, They look good on paper until they have to play Holland. They have not beaten the Dutchies for 8 years, I wouldn't be putting my money on Germany just yet.

If they beat Holland then they must be about Favourites.

BrainsUK
21-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Englaaaand! *and various other rants*
It doesn't take too much intellect to guess where I come from :)
And as for France, we'll beat them in the Final :)

ursogr8
23-06-2004, 11:43 AM
So, who are people picking for Euro 2004? Will England rise up from their "perennial loser" status? Does anyone care?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Barry's AVATAR looks like the coach of England?

arosar
24-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Yo Bonning...what's happening in Germany? Have the knives come out yet? Man, these Germans are hopeless. They can't play for schit. I recall a coupla years ago their game against USA in the WC. They f**kin' barely survived that one. Germany's gotta be the most god-awful boring team in the world.

AR

JGB
25-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Yo Bonning...what's happening in Germany? Have the knives come out yet? Man, these Germans are hopeless. They can't play for schit. I recall a coupla years ago their game against USA in the WC. They f**kin' barely survived that one. Germany's gotta be the most god-awful boring team in the world.

AR

:clap:

I agree, although I wouldnt go saying around most of my mates here though. France still looks the goods to me. England (forgeting the insolent fans) is still where my heart is in european football.

arosar
25-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Wohoo....saw the game Eng-Por this morning? Mannn....what a match. And Becksters finally confirmed my belief that he must be the most over-rated player in all of galactic history...What a maroon!! The idiot nearly missed the whole stadium for god's sake.

AR

Trizza
26-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Wohoo....saw the game Eng-Por this morning? Mannn....what a match. And Becksters finally confirmed my belief that he must be the most over-rated player in all of galactic history...What a maroon!! The idiot nearly missed the whole stadium for god's sake.

AR
I can't believe England chose Beckham to take the 1st penalty, given his misses against France in the group and against Turkey in the qualifier. He NEVER took penalties when playing for Man Utd.

Still, one thing I can say about Becks is that he always bounces back. After getting sent off in France '98 vs Argentina he was lambasted in England, but followed up with one of his most impressive seasons in his time for Man Utd. I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same at Real Madrid in the upcoming season.

arosar
28-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I can't believe England chose Beckham to take the 1st penalty . . .

Well, Portugal can thank his mate Johnny. Did you know that even England coach is blaming the grass for their poor performance. Apparently the grass gave way on the run up to the spot kick. :lol: :hmm:

And man, I was at the pub last Saturday for the Wallabies - Eng rugby. There is nothing better than a bunch of crying poms.... :boohoo:

AR

Alan Shore
28-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Hahahaha, what a great pic AR!

arosar
02-07-2004, 10:24 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!! GReeeccceeee mannn!!!

This tournament is going to end the way it began. Greece to crush Portugal.

AR

ursogr8
02-07-2004, 10:54 AM
The poll at the beginning of the thread is remarkable.
One vote for one in the GF.
No vote for the other in the GF.
Not too late to vote and receive the prize?

arosar
05-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Hahaha....GReeece!!! Woohoo! Well done boys...

Funny thing is, this Greek side did the most unGreek thing of all: they didn't come from behind.

AR

ursogr8
15-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Hahaha....GReeece!!! Woohoo! Well done boys...

Funny thing is, this Greek side did the most unGreek thing of all: they didn't come from behind.

AR

:clap: :clap:

arosar
15-07-2004, 02:42 PM
What? So someone got it then...finally?

AR

Trizza
15-07-2004, 02:48 PM

AR

I got it, but I thought a response would be somewhat gratuitous, hang on a minute :)

ursogr8
15-07-2004, 02:51 PM

AR

Fair go Amiel,
I got it straight away; but I have down in the Greek quarter telling everyone I could interest in this topical joke and only now able to put my two hands together without hurting? :D
starter