PDA

View Full Version : Peter Daly Passed Away

bobby1972
03-10-2007, 08:35 AM
very sad to hear it,he looked very sick at the hospital earlier this year,he was a good man i am proud he was my friend.

Bereaved
03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Bobby,

I am saddened to hear of his passing; thank you for letting the chess community know about it. Do you know when the funereal is?

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Davidflude
03-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi Bobby,

I am saddened to hear of his passing; thank you for letting the chess community know about it. Do you know when the funereal is?

Thank you for the posting. I knew him in New Zealand before he came to Australia. He was ranked number four in New Zealand when I first played him.

I will try and get to the funeral.

ER
04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I said all I had to say for Peter in the shoutbox when I first heard about it and it was from the heart.
All I want to say here is to repeat what I first felt when I heard about the sad news: "What a horrible waste"! :(
I also want to commend on the efforts of some of the people who stood by Peter in good and bad times.
Serge, Greg, Ascaro, Colin and Elie where amongst them.
God bless his soul!

Metro
06-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi Bobby,

Peter was a member of Elwood Chess Club circa 2003.
He was in poor health the last few times I saw him.I would like to say,he was a fine man and a fine chess player.

PS Does anyone have funeral details?

bobby1972
09-10-2007, 09:32 AM
we rung the coroners last week,they said that the funeral not for another 3 weeks at least and to just keep calling them as it will not be in the newspapers.when i will called them in 2 weeks for more details.

rhys
09-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Peter Daly was my uncle, but unfortunately I never met him and only learnt of his death last week...

Would anyone here be willing to tell me a bit about him?

Thanks

rhys
16-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Peter Daly was my uncle, but unfortunately I never met him and only learnt of his death last week...

Would anyone here be willing to tell me a bit about him?

Thanks

I don't want to be intrusive, but Peter was estranged from our family for over 30 years. It is a comfort to know that he continued doing something that he loved (one of the few things we knew about him was his skill at Chess) throughout his life and made friends doing it.

If you were a friend of Peter's - I would love to hear from you.

Metro
18-04-2009, 04:02 AM
I don't want to be intrusive, but Peter was estranged from our family for over 30 years. It is a comfort to know that he continued doing something that he loved (one of the few things we knew about him was his skill at Chess) throughout his life and made friends doing it.

If you were a friend of Peter's - I would love to hear from you.
Your Private Message and email functions are disabled.How can members contact you?

Kevin Bonham
18-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Your Private Message and email functions are disabled.How can members contact you?

PMs are only available once users have made three posts.

rhys
14-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Thank you for replying! Apologies for not coming back on here sooner.

This is my third post, so hopefully the PM function should work now - alternatively, you can e-mail me at hesteresa@yahoo.co.nz

Thank you - look forward to hearing from anyone who knew Peter.