PDA

View Full Version : Chess clock for sale?

DanielBell
27-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I wanna get a clock to add some heat to the games with friends I have regularly, particularly for work so we can fit games into our scheduled breaks.. Problem is I don't wanna spend a lot of money! :D

Anyone got an old clock lying around they wanna get rid of? I don't mind if it's analogue. If you have one give me model number/condition/make an offer of price and i'll see if I can squeeze it in the budget :D.

Thanks guys,
Daniel

Phil Bourke
27-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I wanna get a clock to add some heat to the games with friends I have regularly, particularly for work so we can fit games into our scheduled breaks.. Problem is I don't wanna spend a lot of money! :D

Anyone got an old clock lying around they wanna get rid of? I don't mind if it's analogue. If you have one give me model number/condition/make an offer of price and i'll see if I can squeeze it in the budget :D.

Thanks guys,
Daniel
May not help, but ACE was selling some demo models a little while back for around the $100 mark. That would get you one of the best and most modern clocks available. Of course there is always the clock that was used in the Capablanca-Alekhine match of 1927, it is for sale on E-bay at the moment. Last time I checked it was at $11,000 !! :)

Ausknight
31-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Of course there is always the clock that was used in the Capablanca-Alekhine match of 1927, it is for sale on E-bay at the moment. Last time I checked it was at $11,000 !! :)

I saw this yesterday... a beautiful historic piece...

peter_parr
01-08-2007, 03:23 PM

Thanks guys,
Daniel

New analogue chess clocks are available from under $40 from your favorite chess supplier.

pax
01-08-2007, 04:50 PM
New analogue chess clocks are available from under $40 from your favorite chess supplier.
Peter is too modest to tell you that your favourite chess supplier is:
http://www.chessdiscountsales.com :)