PDA

View Full Version : New pro-chess cummunity

best-chess
26-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Helloo everybody, i need some feedbacks for my new chess website,

i've done an extensive work in making it a good place for chess players,

i'm also looking to cooporate with chess-chat as it has a huge number of members, we can have like two ways community discussions as my forums are totally different from chesschat, and we have a good arcade place. :D

also, i'll be glad to support chesschat with anything they need as i'm an adminstrator and a developer of vbulletin communites.

Its an honor to be part of this community, and i'll be glad if we could
work togather in making chess the best game in the world. ;)

Thanks.

Site URL : http://www.chessleaders.com (http://www.chessleaders.com)

Kevin Bonham
26-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi best-chess,

Welcome!

I think your site is quite lively and you have a good number of members already (unlike some forums which promote themselves here when they don't have any members !) Looks like most of your posters are young and there is some good material up for new players to get some basic ideas from. As they get stronger they may need more detailed training threads (for instance your King Bishop and Knight vs King thread gives the basics of how the mate finishes and happens, but see Jono's thread in the Training section here for links on how to actually do it!)

I'm not intending to post heavily on any new forums soon, but if I was a poster on yours the two things that would put me off are (i) advertisements between posts and (ii) some users have very large sig files. I find both these things distracting on any forum as it means you have to scroll a long way between posts. However, your posters may like it that way, or it may be that ads are the only way you can fund your forum.

Watch out for trolls and good luck! :D

Kevin.

best-chess
09-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi best-chess,

Welcome!

I think your site is quite lively and you have a good number of members already (unlike some forums which promote themselves here when they don't have any members !) Looks like most of your posters are young and there is some good material up for new players to get some basic ideas from. As they get stronger they may need more detailed training threads (for instance your King Bishop and Knight vs King thread gives the basics of how the mate finishes and happens, but see Jono's thread in the Training section here for links on how to actually do it!)

I'm not intending to post heavily on any new forums soon, but if I was a poster on yours the two things that would put me off are (i) advertisements between posts and (ii) some users have very large sig files. I find both these things distracting on any forum as it means you have to scroll a long way between posts. However, your posters may like it that way, or it may be that ads are the only way you can fund your forum.

Watch out for trolls and good luck! :D

Kevin.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback, i want to point out that the ads between the post will show only to unregistered users though we'r trying our best to eliminate annoying ads. About our member's signiture, actually now its not possible to have big size ones, however i like my posters to feel comfortable in the website with some limits :). I really liked Jono's thread in the training section though, i would be glad to refer to it in a later stage for my members.

I would like to thank you again for you feedback and i hope we get
more of these in order to get the best for our community.

:cool: