PDA

View Full Version : For King & Country

Cat
25-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Did anyone see Tony Robinson's (Baldrick) wonderful polemic on the English Monarchy on Sunday?

It seems Edward IV was a complete baaarstard, and had no real claim to the throne at all. The Tudors were a bunch of fake's and the true Plantagenet King and heir is alive and well and living in outback NSW in a place called Jindalee (pop 1100). And you know he's a real nice bloke, the sort of person you could share a pint with!

Australia voted for a monarchy and now we have one!! Not one of those dysfunctional Windsors but the real King Michael I of England, Wales, Scotland & Australia.

I ask all to pledge allegiance to the true & good King Mick I of Jindalee. I am interested in raising an army on our King's behalf to march on Kirrabille and thence on the Palace of Buckingham demanding restoration of the true Plantagenet Monarchy. My wife and I are busy recruiting for The Royal Gold Coast Fusiliers, but we could summon no more than 100 men & women. Some of our pitch forks are a little bent, but I have a strong Axe. We need support from the Armies of Sydney & Melbourne. I believe that King Mick holds tolerance for the Protestants, so you don't have to be Catholic.

Are you with us? We must march before the solstice or the omens will be against us, so speed is of the essence. For King & Country.

Gandalf
26-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Mick's a Catholic?

Ah, how the world would be, had England now a Catholic King!

[/wistful]

Cat
26-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Mick's a Catholic?

Ah, how the world would be, had England now a Catholic King!

[/wistful]

The Plantagenets were Catholic. One can only assume if the true King Mick were restored, then so too the power of the Papacy?

Alan Shore
26-05-2004, 07:27 AM
I did watch the program, it was fascinating. And I bet King Michael would be better than Prince Charles as a ruler.. imagine the rubbish we could give to the English too, an Aussie that's King of England! And Prince Jet.. hahaha. I'd support them to take over from old Queen Liz.

Tony Robinson rules.. I've just been watching some Blackadder. He was also brilliant in 'Maid Marian and her Merry Men' and 'Fat Tulip's Garden'.

eclectic
26-05-2004, 12:16 PM
the irony of it ... the person who is "rightfully" the monarch is most likely a republican !!

eclectic

Rincewind
26-05-2004, 12:18 PM
The Plantagenets were Catholic. One can only assume if the true King Mick were restored, then so too the power of the Papacy?

But so too were various members of the Tudors and Stewarts (including James II if I remember correctly) so a Catholic King is no guarantee of a conversion of the state church of England.

Besides, back in the days of the Plantagenets everyone in Western Europe was Catholic.

Gandalf
28-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Quite so, quite so.

I highly doubt a Catholic King would "restore the power of the Papacy" anyway, since England has become an extremely lax country (from the religious viewpoint). The attendance rates at weekly services are at the lowest level for any predominantly Christian country...ever.

A change of state religion would do nothing to improve this, but may actually worsen it as the people will feel their ruler can not stick to one faith. This of course avoids the whole issue of the Church of England's legitemacy blah blah blah.

For anyone that may care, tonight was the Feast Day of St Augustine of Canterbury, the original Archbishop of Canterbury, and the first missionary ever to be sent out with a Papal Commission to bring Christianity to a foregn land. Monday was the Feast of Our Lady, Help of Christians (the Patroness of Australia).

shaun
28-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Monday was the Feast of Our Lady, Help of Christians (the Patroness of Australia).

And in more sectarian times, this feast would often coincide with the Queens Birthday holiday, allowing Irish catholics to believe they were only celebrating the feast day, and not the birthday
;)

(Source: My father told me this)

antichrist
03-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Monday was the Feast of Our Lady, Help of Christians (the Patroness of Australia).[/QUOTE]

Has anyone noticed those billboards a few years ago showing a Christian message and the signature of Mother Mary. I could not help thinking of my grandmother who come to this country from the "(un)Holy Land" about 80 years ago and could only sign her name with an "X". Yet on the billboards we have Mary who supposedly existed 2000 years ago writing English in beautiful Gothic script probably before both were invented. Ignorance is bliss!