PDA

View Full Version : A sign of the times?

firegoat7
29-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello,

Is it a coincidence that this link now appears on the ACF website?

http://www.auschess.org.au/ACFBannedPlayers.html

I say no. Is it necessary? Again I say no. Is this problematic, much like Chesschat bannings? I say yes. Same people, same Mo, different context.
:hand:

cheers Fg7

Basil
29-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Hello
Hello

Coincidence with what? Try and make sense, man.

I say no.
As you've probably realised by now, what you say has very little bearing on anything.

Is it necessary?
Yes, so tournament organisers have ready reference. They can go to the one spot where they would expect to find it. Where do you suggest the information is posted?

Again I say no.
And again I say, as you've probably realised by now, what you say has very little bearing on anything.

Bill Gletsos
29-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello,

Is it a coincidence that this link now appears on the ACF website?Good to see you are as observant as ever.
That link has been there for over 12 months.

Basil
29-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Good to see you are as observant as ever.
Spoiler! I wanted to do him slowly (as opposed to the [Alex] game, where I did myself slowly :eek:)

Desmond
29-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Spoiler! I wanted to do him slowly.NTTAWWT

firegoat7
29-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello

hi

Coincidence with what? Try and make sense, man.

A question followed by ............

As you've probably realised by now, what you say has very little bearing on anything.

abuse

Yes, so tournament organisers have ready reference. They can go to the one spot where they would expect to find it. Where do you suggest the information is posted?

hmmmmmmmm. 2 comments then a question.
I agree with your comments, but I think you have missed the point. Do I have to answer the question? It seems not really relevent.

And again I say, as you've probably realised by now, what you say has very little bearing on anything.
abuse.

Thanks for your opinion Howard.

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
29-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Good to see you are as observant as ever.

Thanks for the compliment Bill.

Yep. That's right. Do you have a problem with that?

What I find interesting is who is banned, by whom and who is doing the banning.
Any comments on the real questions?

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
29-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Spoiler! I wanted to do him slowly (as opposed to the [Alex] game, where I did myself slowly :eek:)
:hmm: Why is this an issue? Unless of course you want to deflect it into becoming an issue

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
29-05-2007, 05:17 PM
NTTAWWT
Sorry don't understand boys club banter.

cheers Fg7

Aaron Guthrie
29-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Is it a coincidence that this link now appears on the ACF website?What is the thing with which it coincided with, with more than just correlation?

edit: actually the correlation thing might not be relevant, so I will reformulate the question.

What is the thing which it relevantly coincided with?

Basil
29-05-2007, 05:29 PM
David, it is you who is deflecting.

1) Asking you to make sense is not abuse; not by your low standards anyway, and certainly not when you weren't making any.

2) It remains that you didn't make sense when posing the co-incidence question as you have not tied the queried event to another event.

3) It remains that you have not taken the opportunity to address the error.

The one coherent question you did ask was answered, viz "why is the list 'there'".

You're cocking this up and you haven't even reached the end of the page.

Bill Gletsos
29-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the compliment Bill.You are as deluded as ever.

Yep. That's right. Do you have a problem with that?Only that your first post is misleading as it implies that the link just suddenly appeared recently which is most certainly not the case.

What I find interesting is who is banned, by whom and who is doing the banning.Your comprehension is as poor as ever.
The link makes it clear who is banned, who banned them, how long they are banned and from what ACF events they are banned.

Any comments on the real questions?The link is self explanatory so you must be clueless if you cannot work it out for yourself.

firegoat7
29-05-2007, 06:34 PM
What is the thing which it relevantly coincided with?

Chesschat bannings plus ACF banning plus NSWCA. All linked.
cheers Fg7

eclectic
29-05-2007, 06:38 PM
cheers Fg7

chesschat_banningsRacf_banningRnswca

;)

Bill Gletsos
29-05-2007, 06:48 PM
cheers Fg7You are delusional.

Currently Sweeney and [Alex] are permanently banned here. Neither are under a current NSWCA or ACF ban.

Art and Kresinger are banned by the NSWCA. The NSWCA ban applies to NSWCA events. Any ACF events covered by the ban are explained on the ACF banned players list link. To my knowledge neither of them post here and hence are not banned here.

Donnelly whilst banned here for a period was not banned by the NSWCA (no juridiction) nor the ACF.

Basil
29-05-2007, 06:48 PM
cheers Fg7

[Alex] was banned by CAQ. He was also banned from chesschat.
The documentation of the circumstances for both events is available freely.
Due process was followed precisely for both events.

NSW and Bill Gletsos had nothing to do with either.
[Alex] managed to cock everything he touched all himself and continues to do so.

How about you run off and do a thesis concerning the correlation between idiots and their likelihood of being idiots in more than one place at approximately the same time.

Take a couple of years and let me know how you get on.

Aaron Guthrie
29-05-2007, 07:19 PM
chesschat_banningsRacf_banningRnswca

;)Actually aRb.bRc.aRc is not how I would write it since I only use that notation for the specific problem you saw tonight. ;)

I also wouldn't write it like this E= backwards E (can you do that on here?) (Ex)(Ey)(Ez)xRy.yRz.aRz.~(x=y).~(y=z)

Basil
29-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Actually aRb.bRc.aRc is not how I would write it since I only use that notation for the specific problem you saw tonight. ;)

I also wouldn't write it like this E= backwards E (can you do that on here?) (Ex)(Ey)(Ez)xRy.yRz.aRz.~(x=y).~(y=z)
I think I can help:

(fg)7=C(lo)Wn.=W(aS)te~(band)width.

Aaron Guthrie
29-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I think I can help:

(fg)7=C(lo)Wn.=W(aS)te~(band)width.~ is the symbol for negation

eclectic
29-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I also wouldn't write it like this E= backwards E (can you do that on here?)

$

:)

Aaron Guthrie
29-05-2007, 07:54 PM
$

:)Show me the money.

Kevin Bonham
29-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Hello,

It's been there for ages actually.

After the ACF approved the state ban extension policy there became a need to make it easy for organisers to find out which players were banned. Hence the list.

eclectic
29-05-2007, 07:59 PM
$

:)

Do you see a backwards E, MangaFranga, or a question mark like in your quote of me?

Aaron Guthrie
29-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Do you see a backwards E, MangaFranga, or a question mark like in your quote of me?dollar sign actually

eclectic
29-05-2007, 08:09 PM
FONT="Symbol"]$[/FONT

Opening and closing brackets removed to show the code

I simply wrote Symbol inside the " " and copied the code relevant to the backwards E from the Symbol grid of the character map.

When it does get pasted in it is indeed a $ but on my computer it then gets transformed into the desired symbol.

Perhaps there is a lack of uniformity about how different operating systems or servers interpret different font sets.