PDA

View Full Version : being self aware..to thine own self be true

chesslover
06-05-2004, 08:08 PM
we are all unique human beings, created from God. All of us are special and wonderful in our own way. Our minds, our thoughts, our emotions, our subconsious, our personalities, our dreams, our desires are unique and special

when we think that there has never ever been in the history of the universe, anyone like everyone of us, and that there never ever will be anyone like us, we are struck with awe and amazement at how special and unique all of us are.

Yet how many of us, spend the time and effort to know ourselves. To truely know ourselves. to know who we are and why we do the thinsg that we do????

Instead we spend our times in external things. We watch tv. we play sports. we obsess about chess. yet how much time do we spend mediating and thinking abpout the essential us, the unique irreplacable individual that exists only in this time and space.

I have decided to spend time thinking about me and my personality and why I do the things that I do and what drives me. I want to understand myself better. I suggest that others do that too

One of the most credible and popular indicator of personality types is the Myers Briggs Type Indicator based on the theory of Carl Jung. this URL tells more about it

http://www.smc.qld.edu.au/mbti.htm

there is also a free online test, that will tell you what MBTI type you are and gives the meaning of your personality

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I am an ENTJ

eclectic
06-05-2004, 08:35 PM
we are all unique human beings, created from God. All of us are special and wonderful in our own way. Our minds, our thoughts, our emotions, our subconsious, our personalities, our dreams, our desires are

etc etc etc ...

I am an ENTJ
so you are now known as

HAMLET ?

or

POLONIUS ?

eclectic

Bill Gletsos
06-05-2004, 08:36 PM
so you are now known as

HAMLET ?

or

POLONIUS ?

eclectic
Some know him as Jose. ;) :whistle:

chesslover
06-05-2004, 08:42 PM
so you are now known as

HAMLET ?

or

POLONIUS ?

eclectic

I am an ENTJ in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator

That means I am an E(xtroverted) iN(tuitive) T(hinking) J(udging) person, as opposed to an intoverted, sensing, feeling, perceiving person.

This is the psychological profile of an ENTJ. what are you?

http://typelogic.com/entj.html

eclectic
06-05-2004, 08:52 PM
I am an ENTJ in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator

That means I am an E(xtroverted) iN(tuitive) T(hinking) J(udging) person, as opposed to an intoverted, sensing, feeling, perceiving person.

This is the psychological profile of an ENTJ. what are you?

http://typelogic.com/entj.html
CL

i was once an

INTJ

then after a stressful relationship breakdown i found i had turned into an

INTP

eclectic

JGB
06-05-2004, 08:53 PM
we are all unique human beings, created from God. All of us are special and wonderful in our own way. Our minds, our thoughts, our emotions, our subconsious, our personalities, our dreams, our desires are unique and specia

etc etc...

I am an ENTJ

This is the same person who posted that he loves Big Brother,
ummmmm :whistle:

chesslover
06-05-2004, 09:03 PM
this is a personality disorder test. It will tell you what is wrong with you

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

eclectic
06-05-2004, 09:04 PM
just wondering ...

would an

INFP

Introverted
iNtuitive
Feeling
Perceptive

person ever make it onto

"Why Bother?"

:hmm: :whistle:

eclectic

chesslover
06-05-2004, 09:08 PM

the fact that a person does not act accoring to type on some instances, does not mean that they are not of that type.

chesslover
06-05-2004, 09:12 PM
for those who belived in dante, this personality test, tells you what level of Hell you will go to, and how you perform agaisnt the various sinful types

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

I it seems will be condemned to the second level of hell, for I scored a very high lustful :eek: :eek: It seems Cleopatra and helen of Tro are with me in this hell ;)

But I did not even get register in the scale for being a heretic, as all my beliefs were consistent with mainstream christinaity :p

eclectic
06-05-2004, 09:18 PM

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
CL

i must have some type of personality disorder

i'm posting here ...

like you

:lol: :lol: :hand: :whistle:

eclectic

Rincewind
06-05-2004, 09:30 PM
One of the most credible and popular indicator of personality types is the Myers Briggs Type Indicator based on the theory of Carl Jung. this URL tells more about it

CG Jung has to be one of the most overrated psychoanalysts of all time, and I'm including Dr Phil in that list. ;) I mean the collective unconscious what was THAT all about? I think Freud was closer to the mark, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;)

chesslover
06-05-2004, 09:44 PM
CG Jung has to be one of the most overrated psychoanalysts of all time, and I'm including Dr Phil in that list. ;) I mean the collective unconscious what was THAT all about? I think Freud was closer to the mark, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;)

MBTI is an internationally accepted and recognised standard.It is a mainstream testing standard, which is based on Jung's work

chesslover
06-05-2004, 09:56 PM
this test tells you what your chances are of being murdered

https://www.rateyourrisk.org.secure.moses.com/murder.html

this test tells you how likely is it for you to be beaten, raped, or robbed

https://www.rateyourrisk.org.secure.moses.com/beaten.html

please please take care chess friends if you are in the high risk group. Do not expose yourself to murder, or rape or being beaten.

Observe and do not do anything that contributes to you being murdered, as in the test, for a life is a precious and most wonderful gift and we must not waste it

Rincewind
06-05-2004, 10:26 PM
MBTI is an internationally accepted and recognised standard.It is a mainstream testing standard, which is based on Jung's work

Of course you are right. MB is an established standard by people who think personality tests serve some purpose. I think these things (like IQ tests) are in general over used. I wasn't complaining about MB test so much, more about some of Jung's more fanciful idea and their adherents.

chesslover
06-05-2004, 10:40 PM
just wondering ...

would an

INFP

Introverted
iNtuitive
Feeling
Perceptive

person ever make it onto

"Why Bother?"

:hmm: :whistle:

eclectic

a true introvert would not want to be put in a big Brother home, and be exposed to the whole country. Extroversion would be a big part of going to BB4, and the BB4 producers will also want extroverts. not much fun for the viewers if they pick Introverts, who do nothing but read books and do solitary things

JGB
06-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I cant believe I just wasted 5 minutes on that stupid test.

chesslover
06-05-2004, 10:46 PM

whcih one

the MBTI was good

Cat
06-05-2004, 11:35 PM

Ah yes, I can see why you'd have a problem with that. Well consider an individual who wishes himself to be a rationalist. In order for him to maintain his rational 'ego' it becomes necessary for him to suppress many (natural) emotional reactons, he consigns then to 'the shadow' of the unconscious, becoming oblivious to their existence. In time conflict arise between the rational ego and the emotional subconscious. Something is missing, it doesn't feel right. The greater the determination to maintain the rational ego, the greater the conflict with the subconscious, the ideas the ego represses to maintain itself. The collective unconscious refers to those repressed thoughts and ideas.

Rincewind
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Ah yes, I can see why you'd have a problem with that. Well consider an individual who wishes himself to be a rationalist. In order for him to maintain his rational 'ego' it becomes necessary for him to suppress many (natural) emotional reactons, he consigns then to 'the shadow' of the unconscious, becoming oblivious to their existence. In time conflict arise between the rational ego and the emotional subconscious. Something is missing, it doesn't feel right. The greater the determination to maintain the rational ego, the greater the conflict with the subconscious, the ideas the ego represses to maintain itself. The collective unconscious refers to those repressed thoughts and ideas.

No, I just can't see any validity in the idea from a scientific viewpoint. I know psychoanalysis is not an exact science but you can't just hypothesise anything, can you?

Rincewind
07-05-2004, 12:15 AM

To quote Nelson, "ha-ha". ;)

Alan Shore
07-05-2004, 12:30 AM
The three quiz links

I really enjoyed those descriptions of the 'levels of hell' nice writing. I made it to Purgatory, yay :)

I got INTP but only the Intuitive (78%) really counts, the others were <20%.

Apparently I got high on Schizotypal.. go me.

Jung had some interesting ideas on spirituality and consciousness, I wouldn't put him below Freud.

Speaking as someone with a psychology degree, I can't say those test were very well designed with the forced-choice options, Likert Scales are the most popularly implemented technique for survey design these days. *Real* personality tests like the MMPI can tell you something.

Kevin Bonham
07-05-2004, 12:53 AM
we are all unique human beings, created from God.

I'm not!

(With apologies to Monty Python).

Now, if we're all so unique why did your hackneyed intro to this post sound so much like something I'd read before that I googled parts of it to see if it was plagiarised (and was surprised to find it wasn't!)?

there is also a free online test, that will tell you what MBTI type you are and gives the meaning of your personality

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I am an ENTJ

I've taken this kind of test before and don't consistently get the same result. Today I got INTJ which I think is the one I have most commonly got before.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/person...isorder_test.mv

Well no, it will give you a hint. As it says, leave diagnosis to the pros.

Indeed it must be unreliable, it said I was fine. :lol:

Think I got moderate for everything Matthew's ever accused me of being and low for all the rest. :cool:

(But I did wish there was a "not sure" option on some of those questions.)

for those who belived in dante, this personality test, tells you what level of Hell you will go to, and how you perform agaisnt the various sinful types

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

I'll see you (well not you actually, only those with the necessary class) in the sixth circle, reserved for heretics. I deservedly got an "extreme" score for that one, and "high" for levels 3,4,5,7 and 9.

The rest are American so I won't bother with them as I doubt they are applicable to Australia.

Rincewind
07-05-2004, 01:53 AM
Jung had some interesting ideas on spirituality and consciousness, I wouldn't put him below Freud.

Yeah, but you're the kind of Schizotypal Jung-loving tree-hugging hippy weirdo I was talking about. :)

(With apologies to Eric Cartman).

PHAT
07-05-2004, 02:47 AM
Being curious about my own motivations I took the test and find that I am INTP / INFP

Introverted 11
Intuitive 67
Thinking 1
Perceiving 67

Noone says I am introverted. As for Thinking/Feeling - being on the fence tells me nothing but I am naturally balanced. I guess I am intuative and (under the surface) non-judgemental.

This test sounds mostly like bollocks - a bit like a horoscope, you can agree with a lot of the proclaimations because "we all got a liddle bit of everyfin in us."