PDA

View Full Version : Bogans? or Yobbos?

BroadZ
02-05-2004, 09:45 PM
durin a conversation i was havin with a mate the other day we got into a bit of an argument bout if theres a fine line btween bogans n yobbos, or if theyre exactly the same....i said there was a fine line btween the two
what do we all think?

Rincewind
02-05-2004, 09:49 PM
durin a conversation i was havin with a mate the other day we got into a bit of an argument bout if theres a fine line btween bogans n yobbos, or if theyre exactly the same....i said there was a fine line btween the two
what do we all think?

I thought bogan was more a socio-economic label, whereas yobbo has an element of attitude associated with it, usually but not always a bogan.

BroadZ
02-05-2004, 09:57 PM
I thought bogan was more a socio-economic label, whereas yobbo has an element of attitude associated with it, usually but not always a bogan.

funny....i always thought it the other way round where a bogan could be a fairly rich person but the attitude he/she holds n the language chosen could label em a bogan whereas a yobbo is well within the lower classes and hangs out with other lower class ppl

Rincewind
02-05-2004, 10:15 PM
funny....i always thought it the other way round where a bogan could be a fairly rich person but the attitude he/she holds n the language chosen could label em a bogan whereas a yobbo is well within the lower classes and hangs out with other lower class ppl

Probably just a case of definitions changing over time and the "generation gap" as I learned by definitions in the 70's. When I was a junior "sick" meant you needed to see a doctor. ;)

BroadZ
02-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Probably just a case of definitions changing over time and the "generation gap" as I learned by definitions in the 70's. When I was a junior "sick" meant you needed to see a doctor. ;)

heh, still does....only ppl your gonna hear that from is the wogs or the wannabe-wog

Rincewind
02-05-2004, 11:03 PM
heh, still does....only ppl your gonna hear that from is the wogs or the wannabe-wog

Too much SBS. :sick:

What about "rude"? I take it from the Streets latest that can be a good thing too.

Garvinator
02-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Too much SBS. :sick:

What about "rude"? I take it from the Streets latest that can be a good thing too.

your bad man :p

JGB
03-05-2004, 07:51 PM
If all Bogans are Yobbos, and all Yobbos are not Bogans, and all Yobos have an attitude and only some Bogans have an attitude, therefore; all Yobbos are not Bogans although it could be possible that all Bogans are Yobos?! :doh:

Kevin Bonham
03-05-2004, 09:48 PM
To me "yobbo" involves actual loutish behaviour, whereas "bogan" is just a subculture. There is a lot of crossover but not all yobbos are bogans and not all bogans are yobbos.