PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother starts!!!!!!!!

chesslover
02-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Big Brother starts today..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am so excited. It says that there is a secret and I have spent a week and going to all the BB chat sites to find out what the secret is....

today we will know....I am beside myself in excitement. Last time regina the dumb tassie won, the first female to win. I was honestly shocked when Peter beat Marty in BB 2 :eek:

are there any BB fans in this BB?????

chesslover
06-05-2004, 07:29 PM
the big secret was that $1 million will be awarded to the winner of the 3 month Big Brother 4 series :eek: :eek: not bad - see who's laughing now

So far none of them are chess players. or have played chess.

the favourite to win is an AFL player who played with the Swans who has got himself into the hpouse as one of the contestent

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/05/1083635206860.html

JGB
06-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Big Brother starts today..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am so excited. It says that there is a secret and I have spent a week and going to all the BB chat sites to find out what the secret is....

today we will know....I am beside myself in excitement. Last time regina the dumb tassie won, the first female to win. I was honestly shocked when Peter beat Marty in BB 2 :eek:

are there any BB fans in this BB?????

are you serious?
:uhoh:

JGB
06-05-2004, 07:58 PM
we have big brother here in Germany, and its just as crap !
What an insult to the whole '1984', 'Big Brother Watching' concept; I loved that book.

Alan Shore
06-05-2004, 08:02 PM
we have big brother here in Germany, and its just as crap !
What an insult to the whole '1984', 'Big Brother Watching' concept; I loved that book.

I couldn't agree more. 1984 was a magnificent literary achievement, yet when people hear 'Big Brother' it saddens me that what will first spring to mind will not be the terrifying gestapo force described in Orwell's classic, but a bunch of yobbos clowning around in the confines of a house for a few months, watched by those who are more interested in this buffoonery than anything else going on in the world or in their own lives. Sigh.

chesslover
06-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I couldn't agree more. 1984 was a magnificent literary achievement, yet when people hear 'Big Brother' it saddens me that what will first spring to mind will not be the terrifying gestapo force described in Orwell's classic, but a bunch of yobbos clowning around in the confines of a house for a few months, watched by those who are more interested in this buffoonery than anything else going on in the world or in their own lives. Sigh.

to me big brother means Sarah marie with the bunny years, johnny and the dancing doona, Marty and Jessica, Turkan the virgin who was not really a virgin, Peter whose parents died and who looked after his little brother, Blair and Regina from the tasmanian cake shop

In fact if you did a poll, most people will think Big Brother means what I said, that the 1984 book :p

Rincewind
06-05-2004, 08:54 PM
In fact if you did a poll, most people will think Big Brother means what I said, that the 1984 book :p

That would make you our resident LCD. ;)

PS Where have you been?

chesslover
06-05-2004, 09:19 PM
That would make you our resident LCD. ;)

PS Where have you been?

holiday with my partner and daughter

Kevin Bonham
06-05-2004, 11:26 PM
I was delighted to read in today's Australian that ratings for BB4 are way down on BB3, although it is disappointing that there are still over a million people watching it.

Garvinator
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
can anyone actually tell me what the over hyped and under valued 'big secret' was? a columnist wrote up here in the courier mail that she overheard a couple of friends talking about bb4 and they claimed 'tongue in cheek of course' that the big secret was that Gretel got a stylist :lol: :lol: :whistle:

Alan Shore
07-05-2004, 12:32 AM
can anyone actually tell me what the over hyped and under valued 'big secret' was? a columnist wrote up here in the courier mail that she overheard a couple of friends talking about bb4 and they claimed 'tongue in cheek of course' that the big secret was that Gretel got a stylist :lol: :lol: :whistle:

The 'secret' was the winner gets $1 million (the past three winners received only $200,000 each).

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Trent Parker
08-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I've only watched bb up late sometimes when there has been nothing ellse on. But OMFG mate. Is it wog city or what????

Lucena
23-05-2004, 12:03 PM
I was delighted to read in today's Australian that ratings for BB4 are way down on BB3.
splendid :)

Garvinator
23-05-2004, 02:57 PM
I've only watched bb up late sometimes when there has been nothing ellse on. But OMFG mate. Is it wog city or what????
yes alot of the males do appear to have ethnic heritage, but i dont think bree or krystal are of ethnic heritage ;)

eclectic
23-05-2004, 04:04 PM
splendid :)
I recall from history how James VI of Scotland became James I of England.

Similarly I look forward to Big Brother #6 becoming Why Bother? #1

May it happen to an even earlier series !!

:rolleyes:

eclectic

Trent Parker
25-05-2004, 05:27 PM
yes alot of the males do appear to have ethnic heritage, but i dont think bree or krystal are of ethnic heritage ;)

In hindsight i think i was exaggerating things. I think it was just that a main focus in the first weeks was aph and igs. (couldnt be bothered typing the whole name) :)