PDA

View Full Version : Chess - Irrelevant Trolling

antichrist
20-12-2006, 01:31 AM
From Peter Parr Australian Open thread:
There have been many successful Australian Championships and Opens over the years.

Success is not defined as profit made.

It is very easy to make a very substantial profit if only 50% of entry fees are returned as prizes and sponsorship money is the declared tournament profit divided between National Federation, State Association and organiser.

It appears some of our administrators are pleased with this arrangement but I find it appalling. The entry fees and sponsorship funds belong to the players.

When I organised the Australian Championships and supporting tournaments in the Sydney CBD the total enormous number of entries meant that our income was very considerably higher than our expenses.

Did the organiser, State Association and National Federation divide the profit between them?

No way - it was not even considered. I discussed the excess with the major sponsor and my colleagues on the executive.

The National Federation received $0, the State Association $0, the organisers $0 and 100% of the excess money was used to substantially increase the prize fund.

The tournaments attracted record entries, were centrally located in the Sydney CBD, near my shop in the CBD and were a great success as recognised by all the players.

A central location, quality venue, sponsorship to cover the rent, tournament brochures with full details months in advance and telephone numbers of organisers, and a range of reasonable accommodation are essential for a successful chess congress.

The last time I suggested the Sydney CBD as an ideal location the administration was united in a venue at the top of a mountain - strange but true.

Could this post confirm Brian Jones' suspicion as stated in Subjective Reporting thread that Peter has it in for the Jones's. Take into consideration that Peter did not report it when Brian drew with one 1400 and was defeated by another 1400 at the Coffs Open.

This is a multi-answer poll and confidential

antichrist
26-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Mischa
GM fees
Just out of interest...what do all you here think is a reasonable amount to pay a visiting GM for coaching in a junior tournament? (At a national level?)

I will give you a hint like yesterday and don't be Warnied again: think of the relevant Beatle song.

Kevin Bonham
27-12-2006, 12:46 AM
I will give you a hint like yesterday and don't be Warnied again: think of the relevant Beatle song.

Which one?

In my view, very few Beatles songs are relevant to anything. :owned:

antichrist
27-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Which one?

In my view, very few Beatles songs are relevant to anything. :owned:

Listen mate, the Beatles are living another whole new life out in clubland and pubs. My groovey teenage relos are hooked on them, introduced by myself of course. They know whole of Sgt Peppers backwards - as the Beatles were accused of recording those days.

That arrogance that FG refers to is showing it's ugly head.

Anyway you also have been Warnied. The big hint was GM remember and it was about money remember - so it was (yawn) GIMME MONEY as I stated in shoutbox later yesterday.

But I still love youse all

antichrist
27-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Mischa
What happened to Hacche?

A/C
You misspelt his name, he could not stop sneezing God bless him.

Mischa
no I didn't

Comment: Mischa was Warnied not picking up the hacchu

Kevin Bonham
27-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Listen mate, the Beatles are living another whole new life out in clubland and pubs. My groovey teenage relos are hooked on them, introduced by myself of course. They know whole of Sgt Peppers backwards - as the Beatles were accused of recording those days.

So? There are people in their late teens and very early twenties out there listening to mid to late 80s hair metal and thinking it is relevant and cool.

antichrist
27-12-2006, 04:42 PM
But you digress, GM - Gimme Money was relevant to Mischa's post as an aside or troll - come on admit it.

Kevin Bonham
27-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Never even heard of it.

(I'm sure it exists and that is what you had in mind, though.)

antichrist
03-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichrist
I will offer the services of my ex-wife - full matured like a good wine

Mike Baron:
Sorry My fide rating points are not going cheaply. It's better be an asian girl, slim with a pretty face and under the age of 25 thx .

A/C
Just because she has been twice around the clock doesn't mean she ready to pack it in. She was the school beauty queen I will have you know and still is beautiful, people think she is about half her age, that would still put her above your RRP of 25.

JGB
03-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Your one mixed up puppy AC.

antichrist
15-01-2007, 06:11 PM
hang on

antichrist
15-01-2007, 06:15 PM
AR:.........

Anyhow, we can only pray that Mr Parr here can make a success. I much prefer to go to Bondi actually even though it's an extra train or bus ride for me from Lebo country. One must get away from these Arabs from time to time, you know.

A/C: AR, I will have you know that those Aussie and Kiwi prisoners in Lebanon (for child abduction) have said very kindly things about Lebo and Palestinians in prison with them, that very generous sharing things, respectful etc. A bit like your people. See if you come back with similar story from Bondi?

And Shapelle Corby doesn't want to come back to Aussie prisons because reakons are filled with butch lesbians - I did not say it! Poor skips.

antichrist
15-01-2007, 06:23 PM
yawn, zzzzz to time increment thread - can't the damn flag fall guillotine fashion, this increment rubbish lets KB and RW post forever - keep getting extra breath.

Basil
15-01-2007, 06:31 PM
yawn, zzzzz to time increment thread - can't the damn flag fall guillotine fashion, this increment rubbish lets KB and RW post forever - keep getting extra breath.
You mean like BOH?

antichrist
15-01-2007, 06:34 PM
You mean like BOH?

Actually that thread followed real events, when the ante upped over there I upped it over here. Last year's epoisodes of BOH will have relevance and be discussed for decades to come.

antichrist
15-01-2007, 10:37 PM
RW, you are outgunned and out-argued in that thread, Recherche etc have brought up very good arguments and you are Mischa are clutching at straws.

antichrist
16-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pax
Mischa, each post has a little button called "quote". Clicking this button allows you to reply to a message including a quote of the message you are replying to.

I strongly suggest you start using the quote button, as I (and, I'm sure many others) find your messages very confusing when most of the time there is no indication to whom they are directed. This is especially important when you reply to a message which is not in the 'latest' page.

A/C
Do you mean it is a bit like the progressive barn dance and she ends up with a parner on the other side of the circle??

antichrist
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Now we know who complained about his reading out the rules before the game - it was Phil of course