PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the book "Paul Keres, the road to the top"?

Javier Gil
13-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I bought several books from Batsford something like 8 years ago. It was only recently (Yes, I know it doesn't say much of myself as a book reader!) that I realized that several pages in the book were blank.

The pages in question are:

130, 131, 134, 135, 138, 139, 142, 143, 146, 147, 150, 151, 154, 155, 158, 159

If someone has the book and is willing to scan those pages, could you please get in touch with me?

Cheers.

qpawn
14-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Javier. Have you come to Sydney to play in our nation's esteemed chess events? Good to know that our chess scene has attracted the attention of fine players such as yourself :D

I don't have the book. I say taht with regret; Paul Keres was a better writer than a lot of today's poseurs.

Typical of Batsford to stuff up a book like that. A lot of modern chess publishing is shonky. Look at that "My System, 21st century edition". :mad:

Javier Gil
14-12-2006, 07:41 PM
A friendly user from this forum has now sent me the scanned pages.
Thanks Ian! :)

Javier. Have you come to Sydney to play in our nation's esteemed chess events? Good to know that our chess scene has attracted the attention of fine players such as yourself :D

My family has been living in Australia for more than 20 years now.
Chess scene? what chess scene! :hmm: oh, you mean Sydney grade matches? :)
Seriously now, The Sydney International Open Chess Tournament looks like a fantastic event which I hope has continuity over the years.

I've been living in Sydney for nearly 2 years but I'm now back in Europe for a few months, but recently I got my permanent resident visa back (2 years of legal battle!), so I hope to be back in Sydney sometime in 2007 (probably winter...).