PDA

View Full Version : Pairing program for macs

WhiteElephant
09-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know whether I can use SwissPerfect on a mac? Or if not, whether there is a good alternative pairing program for macs (especially free ones :))? I've just tried the SP website and it appears that there's only a PC version for download. And as this is the only program I've ever used, I don't know any others to try. Thanks.

Bill Gletsos
09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
You can run SP under Virtual PC on a Mac. It works just fine.

On the latest Intel Macs Virtual PC doesnt run an therefore isnt an option, however that isnt a problem as you can run it under Parallels De***op for Mac.

ElevatorEscapee
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Our Tournament Director has been running an old version of Swiss Perfect on his Mac laptops through Vitural PC running on Win98 for a few years now.

WhiteElephant
09-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks EE and Bill, I will try running it through virtual PC on my Mac.

Basil
09-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know whether I can use SwissPerfect on a mac?
PLUS $10 HCDs

You can run SP under Virtual PC on a Mac.
MINUS $10 HCDs

WhiteElephant
09-12-2006, 10:48 PM
PLUS $10 HCDs

MINUS $10 HCDs

Howard, are you saying there is another solution?

I can get a friend to install virtual PC which apparently is quite time consuming and I don't want to impinge on his generosity too much but if that's the only way then I will do it.

Basil
09-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Howard, are you saying there is another solution?
Only the final one - and KB seems to be well on the way to getting there by himself.

OK, seriously. No I do not know of a solution. I was paying that you used a mac - a pleasant surprise for me. I was deducting money from Bill for using the VP phrase - something I have never (and will never) done. Good luck with your swiss perfect endeavours.

Genuine apologies for obfuscating the thread - everybody carry on! :uhoh:

WhiteElephant
09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
OK, seriously. No I do not know of a solution. I was paying that you used a mac - a pleasant surprise for me. I was deducting money from Bill for using the VP phrase - something I have never (and will never) done. Good luck with your swiss perfect endeavours.

Hehe it's my girlfriend's Mac. My Toshiba laptop's motherboard has died after only 4 years of use and will cost $500+ to repair so I've decided to cut my losses and get a new one. In the meantime, I'm using a Mac :)

Basil
09-12-2006, 11:04 PM
My Toshiba laptop's motherboard has died after only 4 years of use and will cost $500+ to repair so I've decided to cut my losses and get a new one. In the meantime, I'm using a Mac :)

I'm sorry for your loss.http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

pax
10-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Simple. Just install Linux on your Mac, and run it under WINE.

(I don't know for sure that SP works under WINE, but I expect that it would).