PDA

View Full Version : picking your nose

chesslover
06-04-2004, 10:41 PM
This is a true article. Matt may find it of interest given his urine soaked unwashed hand fetish :p

Rich pickings? Yeah, right
Some news really should be kept from children. An Austrian doctor last week claimed picking your nose and eating it was one of the best ways to stay healthy. Dr Friedrich Bischinger said dead bacteria in snot boosts your immune system.

"The nose is a filter in which a great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in the intestines it works just like a medicine," he told the Ananova news service. "Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through far more complicated methods [but] people who pick their nose and eat it get a natural boost to their immune system for free."

He said parents should urge their children to take up nose-picking. But most children don't need encouragement. Bizarre magazine reports that that's because snot tastes good. The saline and nutrients in nose mucus are a savoury delight, which may be nature's way of encouraging us to eat up and reap the health benefits. Bon appetit.

Alan Shore
06-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Nnn....no.

Gandalf
07-04-2004, 02:29 AM
Interestingly awful. Though it seems sound, I'm still not about to go around preaching the wonders of nasal excavation (let alone consumption of solidified mucous)

PHAT
07-04-2004, 08:04 AM
I was giving lectures in pathophysiology for a number of years. I suggested this pick and eat behavior was exactly what is described above. It was as much for pedagodgical theater as for demonstration of the stimulation of the B-cell IgA response (for localised mucosal immunity).

eclectic
07-04-2004, 01:32 PM
no way, josť
;)

Trent Parker
08-04-2004, 03:47 PM
no way, josť
;)
no way nosť
I think i'm going to.... throw ....up :sick:

PHAT
08-04-2004, 05:23 PM
no way nosť
I think i'm going to.... throw ....up :sick:

... and that brings us the the idea of eaying your own vomit. Although it may sound odd, ...

Rincewind
08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
... and that brings us the the idea of eaying your own vomit. Although it may sound odd, ...

What about consumption of the placenta after child-birth? Cats seem to think it is a good idea.

eclectic
08-04-2004, 06:26 PM
What about consumption of the placenta after child-birth? Cats seem to think it is a good idea.
Actually Barry,

Isn't there some custom somewhere where the human placenta is cooked and eaten by the family as a way of celebrating the child coming into the world?

:hmm:

eclectic

skip to my lou
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM

So do dogs.

skip to my lou
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Actually I suspect it is an instinct of the wild, since leaving it around would attract predators.

PHAT
08-04-2004, 07:33 PM
We have 3 placentas in the freezer. We just haven't got around to burying them yet. Maybe we will keep them until each of our children leave home - they can take their placenta with them for good luck :wink:.

[This is all true and i'm not trolling.]

Gandalf
09-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Is the freezer the wisest place to keep them? What would you do if guests came and mistook them for burger meat...

chesslover
12-04-2004, 10:44 PM
We have 3 placentas in the freezer. We just haven't got around to burying them yet. Maybe we will keep them until each of our children leave home - they can take their placenta with them for good luck :wink:.

[This is all true and i'm not trolling.]

Just when I think that you cannot be any more disgusting, you surprise me and lower the bar even further :eek: