PDA

View Full Version : Ch 31 - TV Chess Coverage

ER
12-09-2006, 09:49 AM
It was nice to see chess activities covered by TV.
Last Sunday Ch 31 in Melbourne, covered some action and the prize giving ceremony for the Victorian Junior Championship, so successfully organised by the Box Hill Chess Club, the Victorian Chess Ascociation and a number of sponsors.
In the extensive coverage we watched the future of Australian Chess parading in front of the proud parents, organisers, sponsors and spectators who had the chance to attend the ceremony in the majestic premises of the Box Hill Chess Club.
Congratulations to all, it was a great opportunity to promote our great game. Let this opportunity not be missed! Let's think of ways to have our Chess segment on public TV on a regular basis. I believe that many Chess players and supporters, would gladly contribute to such a great goal.
Cheers and good luck to all!

Rincewind
12-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Also nice to see that HeaviestKnight has learnt to use the bold formatting. :)

Seriously, good win for the Vic Juniors. Media coverage is never easy to get so well done. :clap:

WhiteElephant
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM
It was nice to see chess activities covered by TV.
Last Sunday Ch 31 in Melbourne, covered some action and the prize giving ceremony for the Victorian Junior Championship, so successfully organised by the Box Hill Chess Club, the Victorian Chess Ascociation and a number of sponsors.
In the extensive coverage we watched the future of Australian Chess parading in front of the proud parents, organisers, sponsors and spectators who had the chance to attend the ceremony in the majestic premises of the Box Hill Chess Club.
Congratulations to all, it was a great opportunity to promote our great game. Let this opportunity not be missed! Let's think of ways to have our Chess segment on public TV on a regular basis. I believe that many Chess players and supporters, would gladly contribute to such a great goal.

Hi hk,

I wasn't aware there was a presentation on Sunday as the Vic Juniors finished a while ago - was it for the Vic Interschool by any chance?

I'd be very keen to obtain a copy of this coverage - does anyone have a recording of it that they could send me (I'd cover all expenses). If so, I would be very grateful - please PM me. Alternatively, I might try to see if I can get a copy from Ch 31, hk, what time on Sunday was this screened?
Thanks.

ER
12-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Honestly I don't know White, i didn't catch the opening of the segment. I think people of BHCC would be able to give you specific information about it. However, it was a great promotion for Chess.
Cheers and good luck!

PS, it was sometime in the afternoon, during the Asian TV time slot

ER
12-09-2006, 11:55 AM

Seriously, good win for the Vic Juniors. Media coverage is never easy to get so well done. :clap:
I know I overdid it with the bold this time, however, there is evidence that I have used the same format in previous posts. :)
Cheers and good luck!

WhiteElephant
12-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Honestly I don't know White, i didn't catch the opening of the segment. I think people of BHCC would be able to give you specific information about it. However, it was a great promotion for Chess.
Cheers and good luck!

PS, it was sometime in the afternoon, during the Asian TV time slot

Ok, thanks, will ask starter.

Garvinator
12-09-2006, 01:03 PM
now it is on to different colours, fonts and underlines ;)

ER
12-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Yep, I think those ideas can be nicely implemented in a new initiative I have in mind, like using a thread for the purpose of interviewing players, officials, and other people involved in the Chess scene.
I will be posting them the questions by PM and then I will be publishing the whole interview on a special format as suggested by GG who can be the editor of the thread if he wishes so!