PDA

View Full Version : An article from Sunday's Herald Sun

D Dragicevic
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Well the following article was written on page 111 in Herald Sun on 3rd September....

Chess girl's bad move

Obscure chess player Arianne Caoilli is facing an uphill battle in her quest to become a household name on the new series of Dancing with the Stars.

The world-ranked 19 year old is on crutches after spraining her ankle not long after touching down in Australia from England. The wannabe dancing queen was rushed to a Sydney doctor and, while she relieved to be told nothing was broken, she is under doctor's orders to stay off the dance floor for several days.

"It is a hiccup in her training schedule, " an insider said.

"She is not able to dance at the moment, but she is going to be Ok."

The Gold Coast teenager, who is described as Anna Kournikova of the chess world, made headlines worldwide earlier this year after two male chess champions, who were trying to woo her, engaged in a brawl in an Italian nightclub.

Fists flew and blood was shed in the battle for the teen queen's affections.

Caoilli will compete against.................

Well, that was the article

ElevatorEscapee
09-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi Domagoj, I hope that wasn't Mr Wastell's column! :lol:

pax
12-09-2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/chess-queens-new-moves/2006/09/12/1157826915571.html

arosar
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Read the blog today and tonight for updates.

AR

Denis_Jessop
12-09-2006, 08:58 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/chess-queens-new-moves/2006/09/12/1157826915571.html

Caoili was just another chess professional until June...

Apart fom the query about "professional" how does that line up with the stunning photo of Arianne? Is it suggested that all female chess players look like that? If so, where is their chess club, please and when do they meet? :rolleyes: :cool: :P I might even start playing again :hmm:

DJ

MichaelBaron
13-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Apart fom the query about "professional" how does that line up with the stunning photo of Arianne? Is it suggested that all female chess players look like that? If so, where is their chess club, please and when do they meet? :rolleyes: :cool: :P I might even start playing again :hmm:

DJ

I think we definitely need more "professional" players like Arianne in Australia:whistle: . It will give chess a huge boost.