PDA

View Full Version : Chesschat Live Tournament On Playchess.com !

Axiom
14-08-2006, 06:58 PM
What do members here think of a real time tournament played on playchess.com as guests. We could have all the pairings/results posted here with each's guest no., and play there!....just set time date ,and collect entries.....maybe, the innaugural chess chat blitz or allegro Championship!

littlesprout85
14-08-2006, 07:41 PM
yes, i will enter along with others :)

Axiom
14-08-2006, 11:49 PM
All chesschat members are invited to play in the very first CHESSCHAT BLITZ AND ALLEGRO CHAMPIONSHIPS(as an adjunct to the current cc corr.ch)

Entries:- axiom
littlesprout(usa)
boris

please show your intention to take part in this exciting tournament, by posting here.

TO BE PLAYED AS A GUEST ON PLAYCHESS.COM,ENTIRELY FREE! just download www.playchess.com and watch this space

cc blitz ch - sun 27th aug...2pm EST
cc allegro ch - tba

MichaelBaron
15-08-2006, 04:01 AM
All chesschat members are invited to play in the very first CHESSCHAT BLITZ AND ALLEGRO CHAMPIONSHIPS(as an adjunct to the current cc corr.ch)

Entries:- axiom
littlesprout(usa)
boris

please show your intention to take part in this exciting tournament, by posting here.

TO BE PLAYED AS A GUEST ON PLAYCHESS.COM,ENTIRELY FREE! just download www.playchess.com and watch this space

cc blitz ch - sun 27th aug...2pm EST
cc allegro ch - tba

Good luck to all of you..I may join you for the next tourney:hmm:
Btw...Australian chess server would be nice

qpawn
15-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Can I enter? :D

I think that you need a certain rank [bishop?] on playchess to set up a tournament. I only have a pawn rank from the year of playchess status that I got with Fritz 8.

If you have to get someone with enough rank to set the event up I am pretty sure Peter Parr could do it.

reanna24
15-08-2006, 07:37 PM
hello sprouty yep count me in made it here at last

reanna

FightingKING
15-08-2006, 07:51 PM
;) hello sprouty yup yup da KING is here i hope u ok n we can play some of da games soon buddy see u soon

Desmond
15-08-2006, 08:05 PM
It seems you have some fans sprout :)

Axiom
15-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Can I enter? :D

I think that you need a certain rank [bishop?] on playchess to set up a tournament. I only have a pawn rank from the year of playchess status that I got with Fritz 8.

If you have to get someone with enough rank to set the event up I am pretty sure Peter Parr could do it. i thought ,just organise here,and play as guests there.

Axiom
15-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Good luck to all of you..I may join you for the next tourney:hmm:
Btw...Australian chess server would be nice
michael, could you please join this tournament?

littlesprout85
15-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Sounds great Axioms, but like do u like get to keep the same guest # everytime you goto playchess- or are we going to do the tourney all in one day and use guest#s at that timez - how does this work for a simple plant minded Sprouty :S
Yup-Yup Boris, wait til you see Sprouts House Band-IMAO :D

Axiom
15-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Sounds great Axioms, but like do u like get to keep the same guest # everytime you goto playchess- or are we going to do the tourney all in one day and use guest#s at that timez - how does this work for a simple plant minded Sprouty :S same numbers,same day

littlesprout85
18-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Sounds great Axioms :)
Ill just go ahead and get that playchess.com DL and look here for futher posting on dates and times and get my guest # on those days and post em up here- this is a great chance to rub elbows with some chesschat members - thanks for the intro Axioms :)
- Sprouty -

Axiom
18-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Sounds great Axioms :)
Ill just go ahead and get that playchess.com DL and look here for futher posting on dates and times and get my guest # on those days and post em up here- this is a great chance to rub elbows with some chesschat members - thanks for the intro Axioms :)
- Sprouty -
you're most welcome sprout....and i wish to announce that this tournament WILL proceed regardless of entry no.s....SO, SET A DATE, JOIN US FOR A GREAT TOURNAMENT SUN 27TH AUG 2PM EST

Axiom
23-08-2006, 09:38 PM
INVITATION TO GREAT CHESSCHAT BLITZ TOURNAMENT ******SUN 27TH AUG 2PM EST********
WE NEED YOU!-
Michael Baron,fg,boris,egor,kstead,pknight,kb,sunshine,

CMON! WE HAVE 5 STARTERS..TOURNAMENT DEFINATELY GOIING AHEAD.....LETS GET A DOZEN OR SO..5(X2) ROUND SWISS(PLAYING W/B EACH ROUND)

LETS MAKE IT A SUCCESS, THEN MAKE IT A MONTHLY INSTITUTION!

(OPEN TO ALL CHESSCHAT MEMBERS)

Desmond
23-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Ax, I won't be playing due to another commitment Sunday arvo. I'll be happy to play the next one though.

Sunshine
24-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Thank you for the invitation.

I would love to play - but my time at home is taken.

I'd be available for some evenings after 8.30pm EST if that ever becomes a possibility.

littlesprout85
25-08-2006, 09:03 PM
wohoooo, good news- Sprouty wasnt picked for duty :D So like Ill DL playchess now and will be all set for tourney on sunday Axioms- looking forward to playing some old friends and new :)

Phil Bourke
25-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I would like to play the allegro part of the tournament. You frenzied mouse twitchers can keep your blitz to yourself :)
Now, I only log on through the Fritz 8, and already have a username, PhilB.
So see you on Sunday.

Axiom
25-08-2006, 11:15 PM
******TO ALL PARTICIPANTS****

******MAKE SURE YOU Have downloaded Playchess.com********BY 1:45PM EST********

********ENTRIES CLOSE......1:30 PM EST*******

********* ENTER HERE NOW!*******

Axiom
25-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Just Register(say Hi) Here By 1:30-1:45 Pm Est Sun 27th Aug 2006

To Play In ******* The Chesschat Blitz Championship 2006******

See You There,
Axiom D.o.p

Axiom
27-08-2006, 12:31 AM
*****2pm Est ****start*****enter Now*****

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******TO ALL PARTICIPANTS****

******MAKE SURE YOU Have downloaded Playchess.com********BY 1:45PM EST********

********ENTRIES CLOSE......1:30 PM EST*******

********* ENTER HERE NOW!*******

Just Register(say Hi) Here By 1:30-1:45 Pm Est Sun 27th Aug 2006

To Play In ******* The Chesschat Blitz Championship 2006******

Phil Bourke
27-08-2006, 12:58 PM
What time control are you playing?

Phil Bourke
27-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Is this event still happening ?

Garvinator
27-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Is this event still happening ?
who knows?

Garvinator
27-08-2006, 02:10 PM
well i guess this is a big non event.

MichaelBaron
27-08-2006, 02:11 PM
who knows?

Any results?:hmm:

Garvinator
27-08-2006, 02:25 PM
there is no tournament going on as far as i can tell, so you have received all the results to report so far :P

Desmond
27-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Washed out, apparently

Axiom
27-08-2006, 04:42 PM
My sincere apologies.

I was unfit to DOP due to recovery from hang over/late night :(

it would appear that only 2 or 3 may have played, but we will proceed with this tournament at a later date(and later time perhaps!)

philbourke-time control blitz-5min allegro- 15min

littlesprout85
27-08-2006, 08:12 PM
ermmmmm, like this tourney hasnt been played yet- it was set for sunday at 2 pm- which is today now here stateside- its like 2 am sunday morning here now - and i was logging on to get the time myself for tourney -so like now im totally confused- IMAO- like i did get playchess dl- but only works when im a guest- wont connect on my free trail version- AUGH !!!! :S- plz Axiom reply to da post here TY- :D

Desmond
27-08-2006, 10:01 PM
ermmmmm, like this tourney hasnt been played yet- it was set for sunday at 2 pm- which is today now here stateside- its like 2 am sunday morning here now - and i was logging on to get the time myself for tourney -so like now im totally confused- IMAO- like i did get playchess dl- but only works when im a guest- wont connect on my free trail version- AUGH !!!! :S- plz Axiom reply to da post here TY- :D
Hey Sprout - it's an Australian website, well over 90% of ppl here are aussie, so when we say EST we mean Australian EST.

reanna24
27-08-2006, 10:09 PM
hello i would like to enetr your tourny my nick in playchess is FightingLady_23 please add me thank you

littlesprout85
27-08-2006, 10:12 PM
aughhhh !!!! thats terrible- im thinking it was 2 pm eastern time which is like 11 am here - your on other side of world- its morning here and night there :S sry mates ;D but this can still happen for its almost tea time in england and im playing reannas now :D

Axiom
27-08-2006, 10:28 PM
these are just teething troubles, we will get there!

as boris says ..2pm est eastern standard time in AUSTRALIA, sorry i dont know the conversion for az, and reanna hi, welcome!.........we will play the blitz and allegro tourns after the current cc correspondance ch. finishes....

some exciting games..i reccomend a look at the games there ,as the best ones will, be analysed/annotated here at end of tourn, im sure..

Garvinator
27-08-2006, 10:33 PM
as boris says ..2pm est eastern standard time in AUSTRALIA, sorry i dont know the conversion for az
9pm Saturday night if played 2pm sunday afternoon eastern aussie time

Axiom
27-08-2006, 10:41 PM
9pm Saturday night if played 2pm sunday afternoon eastern aussie time
hmm, might not be best for our american friends,..im open to alternative times...i know sunshine,preferred after 8:30pm our time.

Basil
27-08-2006, 11:02 PM
hmm, might not be best for our american friends,..im open to alternative times...i know sunshine,preferred after 8:30pm our time.

sunshine at night time? :)

Axiom
27-08-2006, 11:07 PM
sunshine at night time? :)
the light in the darkness? ........ not unlike your good self hd :)

Sunshine
28-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Sunshine is required elsewhere during the daylight hours.

MichaelBaron
28-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Sunshine is required elsewhere during the daylight hours.

One place in need of Sunshine is melbourne:D

littlesprout85
28-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks Axioms for the invite and directions on how I could get into live tourney here on chesschats- Thanks ggray for that info on time difference- We all can make this live tourney endevor a success here on chess chats, these are just learning pains.
learned alot from other members also lately here on chesschats - TY ALL for the good timez here :D
- Sprouty

Sunshine
28-08-2006, 09:11 PM
One place in need of Sunshine is melbourne:D
Sunshine gets to Melbourne much more than people would think.

reanna24
17-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello sprouty, i am having trouble getting around here or at least to make contact with you on here i try to reply to your threads it say's you have not started any so i am replying to this lol
reanna