PDA

View Full Version : Boris vs svillee at anyone4chess.com

road runner
29-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Not too often you get to play a move like this (especially in correspondance), so i thought I would share. :D

1. d4 c5 2. d5 Nf6 3. Nf3 e6 4. Nc3 exd5 5. Nxd5 Nc6 6. Bg5 Be7 7. Bf4 d6 8. Nxe7 Nxe7 9. Qxd6 Qa5+ 10. Bd2 Qb5 11. 0-0-0 Qc6 12. Qd8

EGOR
29-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Ouch!!:clap:

MichaelBaron
29-07-2006, 02:34 PM
nice trick..but the pattern is not new. It has firs occured in Ed.Lasker-Thomas game in 1910

road runner
29-07-2006, 04:47 PM
nice trick..but the pattern is not new. It has firs occured in Ed.Lasker-Thomas game in 1910
Yes, I'm quite aware of that. In fact, if I had never seen the pattern before I'd say my chances of finding that move would be rather slim.

My opponent has been online at that site all afternoon without making his 12th move. Perhaps he cannot find the "resign" button.

MichaelBaron
29-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Yes, I'm quite aware of that. In fact, if I had never seen the pattern before I'd say my chances of finding that move would be rather slim.

My opponent has been online at that site all afternoon without making his 12th move. Perhaps he cannot find the "resign" button.

send him a "hint" ;)

Kevin Bonham
29-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Possibly online servers of this kind should make all forced moves (ie only one legal move possible) automatically on the opponent's behalf, thus saving time for all and averting the pathetic spectacle of an ungracious loser resigning one move before the end of a lengthy forced mating sequence.

road runner
29-07-2006, 11:34 PM
After nearly 10 hours, he has resigned. So, what's the record for the shortest correspondance game?

anyone4chess
07-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Boris - now be fair you should give all the information (maybe you dont know so I will mention it here).

svillee - is a admin on anyone4chess - and at the time he played this game he was programming the GP (Grand Prix) code (thats why he was online for several hours testing).

Another point - this is not correspondence chess, this is online turn based chess - I have wriiten a little articile under chess chat on that subject....grin

Thanks

Basil
07-08-2006, 07:42 AM
anyone4chess

be fair now you should give all the information (maybe you don't know so I will mention it here).

Boris - is not a forkin' mindreader - and at the time he played this game he had left his intyernation x-ray specs at home and his opponent had said nothing about the lengthy delay and that's why Boris was online for several hours waiting ... waiting ...

Thanks

road runner
07-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Boris - now be fair you should give all the information (maybe you dont know so I will mention it here).

svillee - is a admin on anyone4chess - and at the time he played this game he was programming the GP (Grand Prix) code (thats why he was online for several hours testing).

Another point - this is not correspondence chess, this is online turn based chess - I have wriiten a little articile under chess chat on that subject....grin

Thanks
Please provide an example of a time control that is not "turn-based" :doh:

7 days per move would seem to be a longer allowance than most correspondance anyway :doh:

BTW, was that the reason for your site being down all weekend?

anyone4chess
07-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Please provide an example of a time control that is not "turn-based" :doh:

7 days per move would seem to be a longer allowance than most correspondance anyway :doh:

BTW, was that the reason for your site being down all weekend?

The websites code is rock solid however, I am having issues with my service provider, servers crashing and the latest one is a screw up on their end with the DNS settings... so if you get a cpanel screen it is because the system thinks I am hosted in the USA not Canada. Since you probally cant get to my system until tomorrow, I will post my turn based article here for you to pick apart...grin.

What’s in a Name?

Comments:

When I deal with chess players and or sponsors I am always met with comments like: “Oh you mean something similar to correspondence chess” or “just like OTB play but slower”

I always have to go into detail and provide information as to why A4C is promoting online turn based chess and not correspondence or OTB.

To make things even harder you have a lot of webmasters who run online turn based chess systems that use the term correspondence when they describe the type of chess played on their system or they declare that they are a correspondence chess system.

I challenge anyone to name one online chess system that follows the rules of correspondence chess (official handbook, published rules that were adopted by the recognized correspondence chess organizations when they were formed) to the letter.

The answer is simple, correspondence chess was formed, created and played using the media for lack of a better word: mail, post and or letters. Where as online turn based chess is played using the electronic media.

“Some players might argue that organization like ICCF are setting up, adapting or have setup, online turn based chess system to bring their organization inline with this new media.”

If you agree with the statement above, you have just proven my point, they are adapting their systems, so the programs and or code that was developed prior to organizations like ICCF or any correspondence chess organization that has entered into the online turn based chess media is actually using the technology developed for the new media (internet). Therefore, online turn based chess has the right to be recognized as a separate entity and an association was formed with this idea in mind.

To put this in perspective, in the electronic media (internet) online (OTB – real-time) chess and online turn based chess are the leaders in this field, organizations that are starting to adapt to this media are merely followers.

This system and systems that are presently online (whether they agree or not) are not correspondence chess sites, they are online turn based chess sites, become a leader not a follower…….

Thanks

road runner
07-08-2006, 10:03 AM
If I am understanding your post correctly, the difference between turn based and correnspondace chess is a trivial definition - one is by snail mail, the other online.

This really makes no difference to my original point, that one rarely gets an oppotunity to play such a sacrifice.

anyone4chess
07-08-2006, 10:27 AM
If I am understanding your post correctly, the difference between turn based and correnspondace chess is a trivial definition - one is by snail mail, the other online.

This really makes no difference to my original point, that one rarely gets an oppotunity to play such a sacrifice.

Boris, who is being trivial now, your orignial comments:

"Please provide an example of a time control that is not "turn-based"
7 days per move would seem to be a longer allowance than most correspondance anyway "

My comment were not directed at turn based, you can call almost every game known to man turn based something (maybe I should have come up with a new name, like, Krpunkachess ...grin) my comments were directed at the term correspondence.

You may call it trivial - but in our opinion there is a difference in online turn base chess and correspondence and we will promote that difference. Proof of this is A4C.

Thanks

edited because I missed refereing to correspondence in the orignal post of this thread....

I do get carried away, it was an excellent online turn based chess game..sorry Boris...grin.

road runner
07-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I see that you have well-entrenched views on the matter, but to me the difference is trivial. If I had substituted "correspondance" with "turn-based" in my original post, probably most readers would not have know what I meant.

In any event, I quite like playing on your site. :)

anyone4chess
07-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I see that you have well-entrenched views on the matter, but to me the difference is trivial. If I had substituted "correspondance" with "turn-based" in my original post, probably most readers would not have know what I meant.

In any event, I quite like playing on your site. :)

Yes, your right, I am glad you like playing on A4C. I hope over the next several years players will come to understand online turn based chess as something different then the xxxxxx term. (correspondence....grin)

Thanks