PDA

View Full Version : A light hearted topic!?

Trent Parker
03-03-2004, 10:04 PM
The world we live in is, some may say, a festering cesspool of paracites. We make nuclear bombs and test them to see what happens. Countries of the world collect neuclear bombs just in case a nuclear war breaks out. we have the USA trying to get everyone to Disarm/disbandon their neuclear programs, yet the usa still insists on keeping their nuclear bombs What hypocricy!!
Should the United states be the country to say who can keep nukes?? Should they be gotten rid of altogether?

But if they are gotten rid of altogether then what happens if an alien lifeforce decides to attack earth?? Who knows if out non nuclear technology would be adequate enough to fend off their threats. Who knows if Nukes will be enough. Who knows if they even exist at all!
Who knows..... we might need them for our independence day :lol:

So this brings up the question: who, if at all, should produce nukes?? The UN?? but then.... where would they be held??? who would have access??

(please note: this post has come out of a bit of thought and a bit of boredom do as you please with it)

Rincewind
03-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Seems to me that if aliens could get to earth from the far reaches of interstellar space, then a few nukes are not going to worry them. In fact, if they wanted to exploit our resources without the inconvenience of the human race one tactic would be to encourage us to use our nuclear arsenal.

However, if I were them I'd just develop a virus which wiped out the humans but left the other species in tact. Afterall, dolphins aren't going to protest about a bit of alien colonialism, are they?

I think the only purpose of nuclear weapons proliferation is to be used as bargaining chips in international politics. USA just want to make sure they have more chips than everyone else.

Kevin Bonham
03-03-2004, 11:13 PM
But if they are gotten rid of altogether then what happens if an alien lifeforce decides to attack earth??

Or what happens if the superpowers decide to attack each other with conventional weapons instead? Despite their potential for catastrophic misuse, nukes have also done their bit for peace between major world powers - bar the odd proxy war here and there. :eek:

PHAT
04-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Should the United states be the country to say who can keep nukes?? Should they be gotten rid of altogether?

Yes, get rid of the US altogether.

arosar
05-03-2004, 07:51 AM
I'll give you something light-hearted. If God came down and spoke to you right now and said, "I wanna make it easy on you lot so I've decided to give you a choice. If you could get rid of one commandment out of the 10, which would it be?"

Well?

AR

PHAT
05-03-2004, 05:58 PM
If God came down and spoke to you right now and said, "I wanna make it easy on you lot so I've decided to give you a choice. If you could get rid of one commandment out of the 10, which would it be?"

The Cathoilics would surely want to drop the one banning graven idols. All those crewsifix thingos and ring kissing stuff kinda makes them uncomfortable.

The Hindoses would sure like to bust the monopoly on the top job.

The Capitalists would sure like Sunday trading for all businesses.

Me? OMFG!! Do you really have to ask? Christ all bloody mighty, I could get zapped for this :uhoh:

ursogr8
19-08-2004, 01:07 PM
I'll give you something light-hearted. If God came down and spoke to you right now and said, "I wanna make it easy on you lot so I've decided to give you a choice. If you could get rid of one commandment out of the 10, which would it be?"

Well?

AR

AR

Choices make me uneasy.
I am still pondering over why we have an Olympic event for 'walking the fastest' but no similar competitions for 'whispering the loudest'. And which would I watch if they were both televised at the one time.