PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Random Chess ? What do you think?

Armagoden
28-05-2006, 09:44 PM
:hmm: Does Chess need changing? I think so, like Fischer it needs to get away from "book opening." How about adding a new rank, making the board 8 files by 9 ranks. It would be like having a "no mans land" in the center of the board. Computers, have over taken chess. Put the computer on the human level, make it think for real.

Basil
28-05-2006, 09:49 PM
:hmm: Does Chess need changing? I think so, like Fischer it needs to get away from "book opening." How about adding a new rank, making the board 8 files by 9 ranks. It would be like having a "no mans land" in the center of the board. Computers, have over taken chess. Put the computer on the human level, make it think for real.

Army, do you still enjoy playing chess?

Desmond
29-05-2006, 01:53 PM

That would be an interesting VARIANT. As to replacing the original chess, I would fight it to the death. :)

antichrist
29-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I have always wanted to play that team game which is described in that large size book with the old photos (??), it also had the different levels of boards.

Armagoden
30-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Don't get me wrong I love chess as it is, but also like "original" thinking not the "book brainers games" that people have to remember openings. I think something like Fischers Random Chess would spark more interesting play and excitement.:lol: Get rid of book moves.

Desmond
30-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Don't get me wrong I love chess as it is, but also like "original" thinking not the "book brainers games" that people have to remember openings. I think something like Fischers Random Chess would spark more interesting play and excitement.:lol: Get rid of book moves.

Those who have spent years to a lifetime learning these books moves will not relinquish their advantage. Opening study is not just about openings anyway, it teaches you transition into middlegame and sometimes endgame.

bill718
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Fischer has come up with some interesting
ideas regarding new directions in chess,
however I don't think they are necessary.
For 99% of chess players around the world
the game will serve us in it's present form.
Most players will continue to find new ideas
in opening and middlegame theory that will
keep us busy for many years to come.
:D

d2d4.pawn
23-02-2008, 10:24 AM
if you want to get away from book openings, try this:

fogchess (http://www.fogchess.com/)

It moves exactly like regular chess, but you can only see where your pieces can move plus threats to your king, so you don't always know exactly what your opponent is up to, and you can prepare some nasty surprises for him too.