PDA

View Full Version : Garry who?

Lucena
20-05-2006, 03:41 AM
I was watching Sale of the Century yesterday, there was a "who am I" question, was something like this: originally surnamed Weinstein, born 1963, etc etc, beat Anatoly Karpov to become youngest world champion, played 2 matches against computer Deep Blue, with first name Garry and last name starting with K, I am...?

No one got it of course:( . I remember one guy venturing "Spassky" which was at least something.

antichrist
20-05-2006, 09:24 AM
from your verbatim was the word chess never mentioned or are you ad hoc with the court transcript?

Don't you know the reason why, because Garry does not like people talking about him. Likes to keep a low profile.

Vlad
20-05-2006, 12:09 PM
The main reason is that he beats Karpov who is also Russian. If he were to beat Fisher or even better was beaten by Fisher then the Western World would certainly remember him. :evil:

Needless to say that the same question in Russia would sound like "a chessplayer who was originally surnamed Weinstein" and many people would still answer it.

ElevatorEscapee
20-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Was the answer Garry Wastell? :eh:

Lucena
20-05-2006, 10:55 PM
from your verbatim was the word chess never mentioned or are you ad hoc with the court transcript?

No AC I was not quoting verbatim, and yes they mentioned chess in the question somewhere.

antichrist
21-05-2006, 07:04 PM
No AC I was not quoting verbatim, and yes they mentioned chess in the question somewhere.

Don't you that it was crucial for you to mention that for us to be able to constructive comment?

Otherwise they could have been referring to the Rubber Bullet Championship

Igor_Goldenberg
21-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Don't you that it was crucial for you to mention that for us to be able to constructive comment?

Otherwise they could have been referring to the Rubber Bullet Championship

Howard Duggan, may I refer another case to you. I would be rich just from the referral fee, but I am afraid it's only paid for a new client.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Howard Duggan, may I refer another case to you. I would be rich just from the referral fee, but I am afraid it's only paid for a new client.
igor, a/c needs to be referred to Belthasar , for his new book, "Beyond Help"

Pharoah
07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Garry Kasparov.

Surprised the answer wasn't in the first post O_o

Dozy
07-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Garry Kasparov.

Surprised the answer wasn't in the first post O_oHi Pharoah, welcome aboard.

Rhetorical questions don't require a question mark or a response.

You'll soon get used to the kinda quirky sense of humour that finds its way onto the bulletin board, Enjoy your stay.

Pharoah
07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Ooo ok. Thanks. :D