PDA

View Full Version : Podcast - Aus Internet Radio

AES
14-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi all,

We have got approved by ACF (well Denis Jessop) that we are allowed to podcast via our website.

We plan to discuss
-the week that was (results, surprises)
-the week ahead (draw)
-interviews
-sponsors ads
-fun stuff
-letters to the organisers
-general junior chess discussion (eg World Junior, Aus Junior C'ships)

There will initially be a podcast targeted towards kids, this will then expand to adults.

I hope the chess public enjoys this new technology. They deserve it!

Schedule: At this stage (trial)
Wednesday nights - 7pm - 7:30pm (starting next Wednesday)
Sunday nights 5:30 pm (prior to games to discuss stuff)

Hosts: Alex Saint, assisted by Alan Goldsmith.

Oepty
01-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Plans are underway for this to happen shortly, but it has been delayed slightly due to the organisers being busy with the first couple of rounds.
Scott Colliver
Chesschat Liason

Rincewind
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought the idea of podcast, as distinct from webcasts, is that the program is available for download and listening at a time suitable to the individual. If you are webcasting to a particular audience then you have internet radio, but technically you aren't podcasting unless I can listen to it when I want to.

Oepty
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
It will be a podcast.
Scott

arosar
02-03-2006, 12:53 PM
If you guys need advice on podcast or anything tech related, talk to Nick Kordahi's brother. He's a genius. Nick's bro, that is.

AR

Oepty
02-03-2006, 05:12 PM
If you guys need advice on podcast or anything tech related, talk to Nick Kordahi's brother. He's a genius. Nick's bro, that is.

AR

Amiel, thanks. I think Alex knows how he is going to do it, but I will pass on the hint. Perhaps it would be even better though if you emailed Alex directly with the details. If you need an email for Alex I will PM you.
Scott

arosar
03-03-2006, 06:11 AM
The site says, the state blogs are here. Where?

AR

Oepty
03-03-2006, 03:11 PM
You need to click on one of the states in the picture of Australia on http://www.ausnetchess.org/2006/australia.htm
This will bring up the states page and then you can click on the link to the blog of that state. Not much has been written yet, but it will be getting more busy, hopefully.
Scott